TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

Hey Big Mike, you are king of the Kiddie Credit!!!

I don't know, Jeff Johnson may have something to say about that claim.

By the way, Adventureland looks like a pretty sweet little park. Is there ever gonna be a park that puts in one of those jet ski-type rides closer to the midwest?? C'mon KI, HW, or CP!

Sorry Not for Sale, usually I announce where I am going, but the weather messed up my other plans.

Bonafett, I am not too technical, but that ride does a circle and you can either extend or retract it to make waves. You don't really get wet. I went on one last eyar and it was pretty cool since it is different.

Rick, I am just an apprentice to my idol Jeff Johnson. I did get the idea for me and the little kids in line from a previous picture I saw Jeff take one day.

Nay, Broadway show or roller coastering, your always invited!

Well everyone, since Kings Dominion still does not have the new coaster open yet, I am leaning towards Six Flags New England or back to Coney Island for that credit I missed earlier this weekend. I will post later in the week where I am going.

Peace, Big Mike

Mike those parks were part of the Bitner coaster tour 2007. Boomers is a hole and sums up what is wrong with our hobby. On the other hand Adventureland freaking rocks. I love that place and they have awesome churros. Plus we decided that the Hurricane was designed by Anton Schwarkopf's younger, not as famous, brother... Stevie. Yes the Hurricane was designed by lil' Stevie Schwarkopf. I am very dissapointed that you didn't do the dark ride.

Rich "Everyone loves Adventureland, but Larry" Bitner

They have a clone of the Hurricane at the Fun Forest in Seattle called Windstorm. The ride isn't that bad EXCEPT for the sudden turn of doom midway through the ride. Poor Melissa got a little banged up for the safety bar after that turn.

So Mike, I take it that many of your weekend trips are decided on that same week? I may have trouble getting out of work when you make your stop at Kings Dominon if that is the case, but if you know about when you are going to Kings Dominion midway through the week before then I shouldn't have any problems.

I don't mean to sound as if I am telling you how to plan your trips, this is just for me being able to tag along the greatness that is the Big Mike Road Show!

Rich, did the Bitner tour do a 3rd park out there?? I think there was a third coaster at a park up until this year. I did see the churros and when I went by the dark ride, a girl was getting off saying it sucked, so I passed on it.

Carolina, unless I have sure fire plans on a certain date, you are right, I plan about midweek. If anyone can tell me when the new coaster opens at Kings Dominion, the visit will be on a friday or saturday after that.

I made sure to get a picture of that midturn drop that you are talking about.

Peace, Big Mike

Mike I am not sure. I think we got one in a mall that same day, plus Larry took me to the hell that is Blue Diamond. The dark ride was funny and not nearly as bad as most people claim. Course I was high on cinnamon and sugar and watching Larry get mad about buying tickets for it made my day. I would love to swing by this park again this year.

I was waiting for a photoshopped photo after the adventureland sign so it looked like it said 'This Weekend:' and then on the next one 'The Big Mike Roadshow!' - you missed a trick there!

Was great to see you find some credit whores to hang with whilst risking your own safety for us at Boomers and glad the Roadshow is still going strong!

Yet more great TR's, can't wait for the next installment, keep up the good work Big Mike!

Matt

Now that Six Flags New England has cancelled the new coaster, The Big Mike Road Show 2008 was going to make our way up there and get the 2 credits that are still outstanding and ride Superman a whole bunch of times.

BUT...

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are going to have to turn the whole caravan around and head south once again.

Due to some glitch in Big Mike's Condo Club, Big Mike's points are going to expire by the end of this month.

So without much time to use them and not many selections left to choose from, The Big Mike Road Show is now going to take a recreational break in Central Virginia in a 2 bedroom cabin on a horse farm in a town called Gordonsville.

I figured the crew that puts in all the behind the scenes hard work of the Road Show deserved some down time, so Thursday night and all day Friday we will be soaking up the sun, riding some horses, relaxing in the pools and jacuzzi, and looking for hot babes in bikinis.

So Big Mike will be "in the area" of a few parks, some of which is still not open for business yet, and has made a Pre-Dominator decision to come back later in the season for the rest of these credits.

The NEW schedule for this weeks Big Mike Road Show will take us to Kings Dominion this Saturday at opening to claim two more new credits and then off to Planet Fun in Maryland sometime Saturday night for another credit on the way back to our base camp at Big Mike Headquarters.

Big Mike will also try out the new Picnic buffet at Kings Dominion that they are advertising on thier website and have full reports for everyone on that.

I hope to see some new and old faces this Saturday at Kings Dominion!!!!

Look for the Official Big Mike Road Show 2008 T-Shirt, then come up and say hello and join the fun!

Just a warning though, if you want to be part of the buffet lunch, you have to buy that ahead of time I think.

Have a great rest of the week and see everyone Saturday!

Peace, Big Mike

BM, This place is a dump. Half the rides and games are broken. I wouldn't waste any more gas money by going to this place again, good luck!

Haunted Coaster... -1 credit.

I've Been broke for over a month now!

Planet Dud! Please call before you leave!

I figured the crew that puts in all the behind the scenes hard work of the Road Show deserved some down time, so Thursday night and all day Friday we will be soaking up the sun, riding some horses, relaxing in the pools and jacuzzi, and looking for hot babes in bikinis.

Good luck with that in Gordonsville. It's a nice area, though--very relaxing. (I have friends whose old family homestead is in Rapidan, which isn't far away from there.)

I might be able to make KD this Saturday.

Yes Chuck! That would be awesome if you could make it there! Sign up for the buffet! lol

Thanks for the warning on Planet Fun Bubba. I don't think it is too far off my path, but I will call ahead.

Jaime, another Bubba!!!

I guess I will have to make another trip after Memorial Day

Peace, Big Mike

Nah, these stops are all on the Official Big Mike Road Show 2008 T-shirt!

I just did not know what order I was going to do them in.

JUST ADDED - Adventure Park USA in Maryland also!!!! Most likely Saturday night.

After hearing about Planet Fun, I will try to hit that on the way down now. Just in case it is closed, I will get two cracks at it!

Can't wait to see my good buddy Chuck

Peace, Big Mike

Too bad us "Pacific Northwest" people never get to meet any truly famous coaster legends as yourself, Big Mike. Maybe the tour will roll this way sometime in '09. We actually have a few decent parks and some pretty hard to come by credits so I'll keep and eye on my inbox waiting for any potential announcements.

I agree the Pacific Northwest is a hot spot for me in the upcoming years.

I am running out of places to visit and there and Denver and Utah seem to be on my target area for upcming trips!

Too bad I missed you by a day in Florida this past year

Peace, Big Mike

Nah, these stops are all on the Official Big Mike Road Show 2008 T-shirt!

I just did not know what order I was going to do them in.

JUST ADDED - Adventure Park USA in Maryland also!!!! Most likely Saturday night.

After hearing about Planet Fun, I will try to hit that on the way down now. Just in case it is closed, I will get two cracks at it!

Can't wait to see my good buddy Chuck

Peace, Big Mike

I'll see you at KD, Mike--and I'll belly up to the buffet, although since this is KD food, maybe "all you can eat" should read "all you can stand" . Well, they make decent burgers there, anyway, and it's hard to screw up a hot dog. I can't join you for the Maryland leg, so have fun with that.