TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the saddest, most decrepit park in the country?

Hello. I'm scouting locations for a project, and I'm interested in hearing the board's suggestions on the most decrepit and outdated parks in the country. Any size, anywhere, any theme, as long as it's open for business.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eliot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ It's the definition of a tourist trap. I stopped there a few years ago as a rest stop. All the rides were closed, and didn't appear they had been used in a while. Not that I would have trusted the safety of the rides anyway. After we walked around for 5 minutes, we wanted to leave. The funny thing was in one of the buildings (might have been a hotel), there was a wedding taking place.

I know its been mentioned before but South of the Border/Pedorland gets my vote. While it is open most of the time they never run the rides and the are just sitting there rotting away. You can always play mini-golf though.

Here is a video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f4sJAw1AW80

This one is good as well:

My park. Lovely ole' Astroland (or as I call Dumb Asstroland). Worst. Park. Ever! After the way they treated me, I didn't want to go back the rest of the season, but my mom forced me on an outing, and coaster friends came from out of town and I took them on the Cyclone. Otherwise, they can go burn in hell

-Dainan "I hold grudges " Rafferty

I'll agree with Blue Diamond Park. More of a permanent carnival with weeds than a real park.

Add Bushkill Park in Easton, PA, to the list. It's historic, but its history shows, if you get what I mean. Of course, maybe it's gotten better since my visit in 2002. When I was there, it had quite possibly the world's only whip with potholes....

Santa's Land USA in Putney, VT, was pretty bad when I visited there, as well, in 2003. However, I understand they're under new management now, and things have actually gotten a little better. I still have the rusty can of maple syrup I bought at its gift shop (didn't realize the bottom of the can was rusty until after I bought it).

I'd have to agree with Lakemont. When I was there, you had to look for employees to run the few rides that were actually in working order. Other than Leap the Dips, they could tear the whole place down.

Keansburg is a close runner-up. This place screams carnival trash. Another park where you have to locate the employees to run the rides. And you have to keep an eye out for them as well. We were stick on a spin and puke forever while the ride-op flirted.

Rye Playland in Rye, New York.

It's pathitic and a deathtrap. A few years ago all you heard about was someone getting hurt there at least once a week.

Blue Diamond Park in New Castle, Delaware.

That place is a carnival that never left. We didn't even buy tickets, it scared me.