TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Videos

RainyDay

I was wondering how you get your cameras on the rides. The last park I was at, we had to leave everything behind on the platform for most of them. Is it possible to get permission somehow or to just sneak them on under a shirt? I have done a hesitant trial with a plastic bag and Duck Tape at home in preperation for the water rides (which seem to have less bag restrictions) but was still concerned about how to go about it all. We are planning a trip to Chessington next weekend, and Thorpe Park a week after that!

Also, if I order a Coaster Dvd today, would it be in time to get sent out before your next trip?

I have refound my love of coasters after being put off them by the coaster at Rotunda in Folkestone which I nearly fell out of. (Safety bar didn't lock...luckily my Dad's reflexes were good, and he grabbed me.)

Rainy Day

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'll usually just do something subtle, like "I'm going to videotape this ride, can I sit in the front/back?" Most of the time, I'll get "No, you can't sit in the front/back." Sometimes, "You can't videotape." Maybe 10% of the time, "Sure, you can sit there and videotape." If they question, just say that you have the video camera taped to your hand (and do that!). That's what the media does, and it works. If they reject you, sigh, shake your head, and comply.

Hmm...has anyone been successful doing this at Cedar Point? Because I'm planning a second trip there in two weeks. Also on the video taping matter, do you have to have a specific type of video camera to be able to edit or post on your computer? And what program do you use to edit? Thanks in advance to anyone with the answers.

Jared"newb coaster filmographer"Becker (aka Reon Skyridge)

Hmm...has anyone been successful doing this at Cedar Point? Because I'm planning a second trip there in two weeks. Also on the video taping matter, do you have to have a specific type of video camera to be able to edit or post on your computer? And what program do you use to edit? Thanks in advance to anyone with the answers.

At the current time, CP will not allow anyone to take ANYTHING on ANY ride without prior arrangement.

If you are going to try to make arrangement. Your website will probably not have a chance without being in the 1,000,000 Page View per month category.

// it's a cruel world ... sorry

If you haven't already checked it out, go to the link that Robb provided earlier in the thread. All these parks have their own policies and I don't want to tell you one thing and then another be true. I only mentioned the CP Policy because it is very well known. It isn't even worth asking at Cedar Point. It wasn't always like that though.

You probably have the best odds at Coney.

I already checked that thread, but I figured it was better to post here instead of reviving that other topic...I suppose I'm still allowed to film at CP, just not onrides....I'll try to see if I can get a Python onride when I go to Coney next week...if I can, I mean...