TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 gets Soaked!

Just add water: RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 gets Soaked!

Atari today announced that the first expansion for the strategy game RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 will ship this June for the PC. The expansion will be titled RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked! and is being developed by British studio Frontier Developments, the team behind RCT3 and the PlayStation 2 game Dog's Life.

Soaked! lets gamers expand their amusement parks with a host of water-themed attractions. Among the new rides gamers will be able to incorporate into their playgrounds are water slides, flume rides, and wave pools. Other attractions include aquariums, dolphin and killer whale shows, and laser-light water shows. Gamers can also spice up their parks with a swimming pool and waterfall designer.

What do you guys think?

soaked3.jpg.24b82e4f0baeabf7ef8ef4a4875aa105.jpg

soaked2.jpg.676eb897d39ba365bc658bf883d48362.jpg

soaked1.jpg.b4d81b0600fbce22400ed334f7072303.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cool:

On that top picture, where does the slide end at? It looks like it runs right into the sidewallk.

The second picture doesn't have any waterpark stuff, so I'm assuming that's regular park expansion?

The third picture has a whirlpool, that's cool.

Gregg "I wish I could run RCT3 on my POS computer" C.

Notice the second pic has a disko (I think thats right) and the suspended coaster has an elevator style lift. Also IGN has pics of a new wide raft ride with descending curves, an intamin half pipe, a skycoaster, chance aviator, chance chaos, the famous titanic slide (oh which park was it robb...), and what kinda looks like fabbri boosters (dunno if those are copied from someone else or not)...

rct3 didnt work well on my old comp. it would run fine then just exit out on its own in the middle of the game. then i got the new computer and it worked buetifully...it even had better graphics! then wen i transferred the files from my old comp it had the old graphics and would exit out in the middle of the game again!!!

I really don't know what people are having trouble with on RCT3... Although honestly most of the problems seem to come from a combination of Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU. Take that as you will. The only problem I had was the first install failed to properly pull one file off the disc so I had to re-install and then it worked.

Most people are having problems because you NEED an Nvidia or ATI card, and not one that is built into the motherboard.

Most new computers come with decent graphics chipsets built in, but RCT3 requires a good video card.

So when the Dude bought a dell, they didn't tell him it would never run RCT3 unless he forked out at least another $50 on a video card

Wow that Disk'o' looks like the only thing I would ever buy the expansion pack for (although ill probably end up getting it) I have RCT3, but its not installed, got it for my birthday played it a few times and figured Id stick to RCT2...

Overall I like the freedom we have in RCT2 with custom rides, custom paths, objects, path add ons, etc.. etc.. and the park-making is just found easier to me, while 3 seemed to get allitle more complicated and weird. (Does anyone notice you cant build fences on the side of paths or rides but you can put them directly through the track?)...

Anyways, this topic isn't about RCT3 and if we like it or not, its about the expansion pack. Thanks for the pics Robb, I hadn't seen those yet, they definately look like they've got allitle more creative with things, I'm sure everyone will really like the freedom of making their own water slides instead of hacking the old dinghy (SP?) slides!

-Justin "Waterpark making is Awesome, but I'll stick to RCT2!"

Mr. Volcano: True about the fences. Have you tried putting paths across railroad tracks, or even coaster tracks?

That's always fun to watch.

Put down the track.

lower the land.

put in a pathway under the track and raise the land til it's level w/the original land. bingo: pathways across tracks. The peeps just walk right thru whatever is going over the track, but it does look nice for railroads.

some might call this a glitch. visually, i call it an accidental realism.

• 2 weeks later...
Most people are having problems because you NEED an Nvidia or ATI card, and not one that is built into the motherboard.

Most new computers come with decent graphics chipsets built in, but RCT3 requires a good video card.

So when the Dude bought a dell, they didn't tell him it would never run RCT3 unless he forked out at least another $50 on a video card

Dude bought a Dell and got seriously pissed when I found out RCT 3 wouldn't work.

Matthew "Maybe it was the Dell makers that got arrested" Brosseau

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...