TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

Getting caught up:

Freefall/elevator tracks did not make the cut for NL2 and thus are on the list for a future update. Since the tracks do not move this way yet, you can't script the movement. We apologize for the inconvenience, but don't worry! We have this on our list.

The engine places water at one set height. You can add water objects to fill in water at different elevations. We will include a splash trench object that comes with a lake around it as an example.

Editing the car textures works like it does in NoLimits 1. Changing the stripe requires editing the texture. The good news is that we will have a new set of templates available. Many trains also offer a 5th color option called Chassis so you can further customize the appearance of your coaster train!

-Ride_Op

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new computer arrived yesterday, installed the current NL Software and I cannot believe how fast it runs. My FPS never drops below 100.

Already happy on my new PC Purchase, and patiently awaiting the release for NL2, totally ready for it!

Did you build your computer? Or is it just a regular desktop? I'm interested in buying a new computer for. NL2, but I am not familiar on how to build a computer.

You forgot about the Suspended trains (shown on Screamscape), and the B&M V hyper is available with and without scoops. That counts as 2 on the list the same way the mine train counts as two, with and without the locomotive.

Still one mystery train left! What could it be?

-Ride_Op

I tried playing NoLimits but I couldnt even figure out how to select a coaster type to start with... perhaps one day I'll find a good tutorial and go from there.

We will produce video tutorials of NoLimits 2 that will help show you the basics of shaping track, adding banking, building supports, shaping terrain, adding functions (brakes, lifts, stations, etc), and so on.

-Ride_Op

I tried playing NoLimits but I couldnt even figure out how to select a coaster type to start with... perhaps one day I'll find a good tutorial and go from there.

after you makea track,you can go to track settings and theres a menu there that lets you change everything abnout the coaster, including its type

Will I be able to enter in the length and direction of support columns, so I will be able to make a more uniform structure? The current method of eyeballing it annoys me.

Also, with NL1.X, support columns are simple cylinders that are joined by a diametrical line through one of the circular faces, which results in what is seen in the attached image. Has this been fixed where appropriate angled cuts in the pipes would be automatically calculated (like in the prefab supports) or will we still have to result in the "overhang" technique (extending one of the supports in the direction they are pointing so that the connecting support doesn't connect at the flat face of one of the other supports.)

1885964897_DragonMountainRedesign-131221194225000.jpg.3e60c46dec8dfe40003256af568a24b0.jpg

We will produce video tutorials of NoLimits 2 that will help show you the basics of shaping track, adding banking, building supports, shaping terrain, adding functions (brakes, lifts, stations, etc), and so on.

-Ride_Op

Sounds good to me. I noticed in NL1 that the control panel was fixed in the game (unload side of the station near the front). Will this be changeable in NL2? I also like how NL allows you to use feedmotors that actually work, unlike the simple custom scenery that I currently use in RCT3. I cant wait for NL2 to be released so I can give it a try.

A physical control panel was not ready in time and we will have to wait for a future update to add it. We have models ready and they look great! We used them to create a virtual onscreen panel with authentic buttons and flashing indicator lights.

As for the supports question above, this pic from a past NoLimits update should answer it:

-Ride_Op

Flanges appear automatically on the prefabricated supports with spacing and quantity determined by the length of the support. On other tubes you will have to place flanges manually. We included an option to place a flange, which is really just a Beam node with the Flange flag checked. Flanges include textured bolts.

-Ride_Op