TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

A choice of trains for each track wouldn't be realistic. NoLimits is all about realism. Why would having a wooden PTC train on Arrow track be cool?

I mean so you could have an Arrow Hyper train on Arrow track, and all the different Schwarzkopf trains on Schwarzkopf track, and all the different Intamin trains on Intamin track, and so on.

PTC trains on arrow track is beyond silly.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ole has already stated that he will include 4d coasters, B&M flyers and transfer track, not sure about the dive coaster.

An besides for that, tht video only made me wish more for NL2, the graphics look a lot better than the current NL, and I can just imagine how good the real coasters will look like. And I personaly love the walkmode, I like to walk around my coasters to see how they look in the current NL, this can only get better!!!!

• 2 months later...

NEW STUFF!!

The NL core team (Tom, Kevin and I) will be lingering around on the IAAPA Attraction Expo trade show in Las Vegas this year. We will be in town for a couple of days and will try to meet our professional customers. I am quite excited about that because it is my first stay in Vegas and my first IAAPA visit ever. We might have our own booth there some day.

I made some good progress on NL2 meanwhile. The integrated Force Vector Design tool is finished and works perfectly. Right now the FVD tool uses the old NL1 physics engine but will later use the same physics engine that the simulator in NL2 will use as soon it is finished. The FVD tool is very simple to use and allows even the not so far experienced track builders to create decent results. I am also almost done with the switching track code. NL2 will have switch and storage tracks that are highly customizable. At least 3 types of switch tracks will be available, e.g. there will be switches for dual stations, normal switches for storage tracks and transfer tracks. Also there will be different kind of modes for the switches, e.g. shifting or rotating switches. Depending on the coaster-style, even horizontally and vertically switching tracks can be chosen. [ol]

YAY Switches!!

Source

With all this talk bout 4D, flyers, etc., how bout some classic stuff?! Regular PTC buzz bars would be nice, and for whos sake how do we get rid of the orange 'grab bar' on the wooden coasters? All that modern ptc stuff is lame...

Some old classic wooden coaster cars would be great. As well as Arrow cars with no shoulderbars. Even if it were the Phantom's Revenge train, that would be pretty cool!

I think that having less restrictions such as, an area to build rides that is at least 3x larger, ability to have more speed for transportation track, more than one coaster (and more than one coaster type) in the area for the ability to make whole parks, and less height restrictions. These things would be great.

• 2 months later...
The NL team wishes Happy Holidays to all NoLimits users. The team is back from our meeting, we had some great days in the United States. Among some amusement park visits on the west coast we went to the IAAPA trade show. I wished I could have stayed longer. Vegas is a fun place and the convention was definitely worth it. It was nice to visit the booths of various manufacturers and check out their new inventions.

I am quite excited about working on NL2 right now. I reached a point where a lot of the groundwork I spent lots of time on finally pays off. If I continue working hard like I do right now and if avoid too many interruptions, NL2 will be finished in late 2010. I lately finished most of the background and environment. The terrain on the background shown on the screenshot above is fully 3d and generated automatically. It is based on a couple of fractal parameters and textures. Its setup is included into the environment and can be customized with a simple environment editor inside NL2. Playing around with the fractal parameters is fun, users will be able to quickly change the appearance of the background terrain with a couple of edits. Also scene objects can be included into the environment. I added a couple of wind energy stations that can be seen on the screenshot. Thanks to Buster for all the models. The snow particle effect is new, too. The snow intensity can be changed inside the simulator at run time using a simple weather panel. I got influenced by the movie The Truman Show. If you have seen the movie, you might remember a console they used to changed the weather. The weather panel looks and works very similar in the NL2 sim. Right now I am back working on the rendering of the new track. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to show a decent screenshot of the new textured rails before Christmas. A lot of the textures and models are only of temporary nature and need to be replaced by better ones later. I am looking forward to show some new steel coaster track with textures in early 2010 which will look much better than in NL1.x.

More at: Clicky

MOD EDIT: added whole update, removed oversized picture.

• 3 months later...