TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I can't wait for the built-in parametric equations and FVD formulas. I wonder if all of these purist hand-builders will still be complaining about the use of tools once these have been officially implemented in the editor.

Based on that video, it looks like shadows will be cast on all 3ds objects. It all looks so realistic, especially the water.

The walk mode thing is a pretty cool, but unnecessary, feature. It almost makes it seem more like a FPS game than a simulator. Ole should include an easter egg that lets you pull out a gun and start shooting everything

On one hand... YES!!! Finally a coaster sighting! And it looks GREAT!

And I love how realistic it looks when the person walks. That has to be one of the most realistic walking simulations I've seen in a game.

On the toher hand... there is such a thing as TOO good. I would've gladly given up on the raindrops making an individual imprint when they hit something, dolphins, and on 4 different kinds of "splotch" sounds depending on how solid the ground you're stepping on is, in return to shaving some time from the game development and easing up game requirements. Or even just making the coaster somehow look better because I must admit it looked alot like Nolimits 1.(Not that that's a bad thing. Nolimits 1 had great graphics. Just saying that's hwot he time woiuldve been better spent in my opinion)

On one hand... YES!!! Finally a coaster sighting! And it looks GREAT!

And I love how realistic it looks when the person walks. That has to be one of the most realistic walking simulations I've seen in a game.

On the toher hand... there is such a thing as TOO good. I would've gladly given up on the raindrops making an individual imprint when they hit something, dolphins, and on 4 different kinds of "splotch" sounds depending on how solid the ground you're stepping on is, in return to shaving some time from the game development and easing up game requirements. Or even just making the coaster somehow look better because I must admit it looked alot like Nolimits 1.(Not that that's a bad thing. Nolimits 1 had great graphics. Just saying that's hwot he time woiuldve been better spent in my opinion)

...That wasn't a coaster from the game. Did you read the whole article? Its a .3Ds object that Ole put into there so he could show off the "walk around" feature...

I wonder if it will let you swim in the deep water.

With all of this attention to detail, it would also be cool to see a grey-out/red-out safety indicator. A high force sustained for too long or quick change between + and - forces would cause it to turn red.

This looks cool so far. In the current sim, I'd always 'walk' around at ground level (holding ctrl key to slow it down) and walk around the environment if someone made the queue and surrounding theming.

I wonder if we'll see anything more than 'crash' text when a collision happens, or if we will actually see the results of impact? Maybe that's too much but that would be cool.

Also, I wonder if you can accidentally walk off the 3ds objects and fall...But otherwise this looks great...I'm sure my 1 gig of video memory should help with this.

Lastly, I'm curious to see how construction's going to be, whether if us 'hand building purists' will have to venture into these complex formulas or not. (I suck at math by the way)

^ Exactly!

I would prefer to see more options with the existing track presets, such as different trains, and the addition of Morgan and Arrow hypercoasters and such.

Actually, thinking about it, a choice in trains for each track type would be SWEEEEET!

A choice of trains for each track wouldn't be realistic. NoLimits is all about realism. Why would having a wooden PTC train on Arrow track be cool?

As for the obscure rides like Miesho and Miller, I doubt those will make it in. NoLimits seems to go for popular ride styles that actually still are built or have lots of coasters still around. If Miesho style is included, there'd only be four or five people using it.

I'm really looking forward to NL2. I just hope my computer can handle it. It might be time to upgrade my video card.

Everyone alwasy says they want 4D coasters in games, but once they finaly get added, nobody actually build them because of how complicated they are.

I am reffering of course to RCT and Scream Machines.

To be honest, no one really used Scream Machines...it had a short life.

I've tried RCT's and the motions seem too jumpy for the rotations. I think I may have tried SM's 4-d coaster and had similar results...never really got far into SM though.

I used to play Scream Machines. Less than Nolimits, I'll grant you, but still a good amount. It was really hard buildinga 4D coaster there ut I did succeed to build a couple good ones.

^^ I doubt he meant having all the trains avalible for all the tracks. I think he meant more like in RCT, where you can choose B&M hyper trains, Floorless trains, rgular trains, or stand up trains for B&Ms.