TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

Honestly, with way computers are going, you could probably buy something around the $700 price range that will last you for years. I bought a top of the line computer in 2008 to run crysis and it appears that it should be able to run NoLimits just fine. Maybe not on the highest graphical setting, but it should still run and look pretty

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the heartline height values be listed, particularly for the new coaster types? If not, will you reply to this thread (once NL2 is out) and tell us what those values are, so we don't have to guess when we use programs like Newton?

NL2 can read NL1 element files and NL2 element files. It saves NL2 element files. Why would you want to create an element in NL2 then export it to NL1?

Default heartline values are visible in the editor for each style. You can go with the value we chose, go with centered between the rails (for that old fashioned feel), or set your own custom value.

-Ride_Op

NL2 can read NL1 element files and NL2 element files. It saves NL2 element files. Why would you want to create an element in NL2 then export it to NL1?

3DS export with the Construction Kit. It's kind of inconvenient estimating track placement when creating 3D environments for my tracks. So I use the Construction Kit to export the track spine as a 3DS object, import it into Rhino 3D, and construct the environment around it.

Edited by A.J.

^^^I like Newton. I prefer to build that way, because I have extremely precise control down to the millisecond, a ten-thousandth of a degree, and less than 0.001 G's. I can whip out a full sized coaster that is fully compliant with ASTM G force regulations within a day or two, so why bother spending the time to learn a system that is less precise?

^^^I like Newton. I prefer to build that way, because I have extremely precise control down to the millisecond, a ten-thousandth of a degree, and less than 0.001 G's. I can whip out a full sized coaster that is fully compliant with ASTM G force regulations within a day or two, so why bother spending the time to learn a system that is less precise?

It's not that it isn't precise, it's just a different method. The developers have said multiple times in multiple places that there will be a built-in force-vector design method as well.

Some people don't need the numbers control and just want to design the coaster of their dreams (or nightmares) smoothly. As a 3D artist/designer, I am very thankful for the control-point construction method in that I only need to concentrate on what's going on in the modeling space and not worry about the numbers - plus, it's familiar to me coming from Rhino. For what I do, as long as the forces aren't super-extreme, my coasters only have to look good.

Edited by A.J.

Every day as the new year approaches I'm getting more and more anxious with the thought that the odds NL is coming out today are increased.

I know that "this year" was a flexible deadline but I can't help but rush tot he computer with anticipation every morning. Especially today.

Dear Santa... I know it's not christmas... and that I'm Jewish.... But... I've been a good boy!

Release date was just announced...January 10th!

After over 8 years of development, numerous burnouts, adding of countless features that were originally not planned, and 670,000 lines of code, we are proud to announce the official release date of NoLimits 2, finally.

NoLimits 2 will come out on January, 10th 2014

The NoLimits Development Team wishes all NoLimits users a Happy New Year 2014. Only 10 days left until the product will launch.

Source: http://nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news&newsentry=20131231155335#news20131231155335