TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to this when it is released. If it doesn't happen at the end of the year, I am ok with that. I am sure the NL team wants to ensure that all the bugs or any issues are fixed and I thank them for the effort and time they put into this new version!

The standard license comes with the exact same coaster types as the Pro license. We're not going to force you into a $99 purchase just to play the game. The Pro version has additional media features and is primarily for entities and individuals that need the extended commercial use license because they plan to do advertising with media generated within NoLimits.

^ Thank you for that. It seems a lot of companies make two versions with a feature most want to use only in the more expensive version. The pro version here seems like it has great stuff in it, but probably features that will not be missed by most non-professional users.

We are building custom clearance envelope frames that will attach to each train using a custom script. All you have to do is add the script object next to the train you want the frame on and it will attach the correct clearance envelope frame for the train at hand. That will make it much easier to detect hits than using the tunnel test! It will not detect collisions for you though.

-Ride_Op

The build area in NoLimits 2 is nearly a full square mile and is around 1600 feet high. The maximum launch speed is higher than the fastest real life coaster. You can build Formula Rossa supported entirely by full size Stratosphere towers if you really want to.

-Ride_Op

^If they don't have it already built in, it's definitely possible as a scripted element. If you're not good at scripting, you can just use someone else's when they make it and upload it; I can assure those will be among the first 3rd party scripted elements that will be uploaded.

Will I be able to make bodies of water "above sea level"? In NL 1.X, you could only put lakes positioned at the zero height; i.e. Can you fill in any terrain depression with water, regardless of its height above ground?

How easily customizable will car textures be in NL2? Will you be able to, for example, change the color of the stripe that runs down the length of the corkscrew coaster train, or color each individual shape on the body of any of the B&M trains without having to go into Paint and design your own texture? Doing this in NL1 is a big hassle.

Edited by SFOGdude25

^If they don't have it already built in, it's definitely possible as a scripted element. If you're not good at scripting, you can just use someone else's when they make it and upload it; I can assure those will be among the first 3rd party scripted elements that will be uploaded.

I would also assume that the scripting community of NoLimits 2 will be like the text expression community of After Effects where everyone posts expressions with tutorials and stuff.