TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

To be honest we haven't tried to script that behavior yet. Superman's full circuit multi-launch would take some experimenting to try out. Full Throttle's setup should be easier to pull off since the station just has to act like a normal station.

Oh by the way, Hi folks, Tom from the NL Dev team here as well. I've been lurking for quite some time and finally made an appearance. I'll be here to answer questions and help support NoLimits 2 along with Phyter.

I'd like to underscore that people should not be afraid of the complexity offered by NoLimits 2. Just because you can do scripting, elaborate scenery, and complex math-based building does not mean you have to. If you want to make regular coasters by hand you'll find the editor has all the tools you need and is very easy to use with a little practice. The results are very what you see is what you get. Moving the vertices around bends the centerline of the track how you like. Roll nodes are placed to automatically rotate the track about the heartline. I am a hand builder and I've been able to make much better tracks with NoLimits 2 than I ever have with NoLimits 1.

You guys are gonna like it!

-Ride_Op

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more and more I read about this. The more and more excited I get for this. I can't even express my excitement!!! And the seeming endless possibilities are even more than I think any of us expected! Hopefully it's released soon!

^Oh my god, Ride Op! I remember you from ages and ages and AGES ago! I think form before Coastersims.... Danimation, was that site called? Or was it RCTUK. Either way, good to see ya again!

But back on topic. I'm extremely thrilled and I believe the question on many of our minds is approximately when can we expect it to be released? Sometime around christmas? I know my credit card is itching for a pre-order.

It's been established that the pro version will include more features for video and screenshots, but will it include anything else? Any features that affect the "gameplay", as it were? (I use the term "game" loosely, seeing as this is more of a simulation).

Thanks! I've been around for a long time...whew Danimation takes me way back!

The pro version provides enhanced media creation tools with additional features for screenshots, video capture, and more. Core building methods remain the same. As we get closer we'll spell out the details of what is different. It will be possible to upgrade from the regular to the pro version without buying a separate pro license. Final pricing details TBD.

We aren't sure about the final release date, but we are working our fingers off to make sure we get NoLimits 2 released before the end of the year!

-Ride_Op

The Tango project served to demonstrate how powerful the scripting engine of NoLimits 2 is. It's also quite a beast and not the most optimized way to do everything. It works great as a proof of concept and we'll probably make it available. Time is our main enemy for producing a wide variety of flat rides. However, we'll certainly demonstrate how the scripting works for people who want to make their own. Then, once a flat ride is built, it's as easy to add to your park as adding a tree. Select the object from the scenery menu, place in park, and done.

Mac release is TBD. PC release should be out before the end of the year. Once it's finished we can work on porting it over to Mac.

Vertical drop tracks like Verbolten fall on a list of items for a future update. We weren't able to get everything in the initial release and have that release happen this year. We will keep adding to it though! We're sure you won't miss those while you spend time exploring all the cool new train styles and easier hand building method.

-Ride_Op

^ Exciting!!!

I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard to add in the vertical drop feature, I mean, with the transfer track already being a thing, this seems to me like just a vertical transfer track! Now you have me curious about what other unique features and surprises are in store for us!

I am physically anxious in anticipation for this game!

You are correct. The basics of a track segment moving with a train on it already exist. It will not be too difficult to set up drop track. Once NoLimits 2 is finished we can tackle some of those wish list items we had to push out to the other side of the "no more new features/trains" line.

We're working on preparing more tracks to include and deep into testing. There isn't that much left to implement!

-Ride_Op

1: Have the errors for wacky banking on vertical track nodes been fixed? Is this just a problem for bezier curves?

2: I have no idea if TheRealEntropy (the guy who made Newton) is actually part of the NL dev team; if he is, are there plans to have an update to it that will export directly to an NL2 format?

3: Will the auto wooden support generator be any more updated than it currently is? (Basically in its current configuration, I have to probably do half the support structure of a wooden coaster by hand if I want it to be realistic.)

4: Will the heartline values for each of the coaster types be listed, so we can properly build their tracks with other third party FVD programs?

5: Will the professional version be able to export to any CAD file formats?

1- The problem wasn't the fault of Bezier curves. The problem comes from how banking is setup. When you bank the track at 30 degrees to the left, it banks 30 degrees as compared to the plane of the ground. When you go vertical you are no longer working in reference to the ground, which is why things get screwy. Relative Roll is the solution for that problem in NL1. In NoLimits 2 the banking works differently so we have a different control in place. It's not Relative Roll, but it accomplishes much the same function.

2- NoLimits 2 can import NoLimits 1 tracks and elements. Any FDV++ files can be imported into NL2 just fine. That said NoLimits 2 has a new FDV style option for building track that you will want to check out!

3- Yes, Wood Magic received upgrades since NoLimits 1. Wooden beams are now sized accurately to how they are cut in real life, and we have enhancements and fixes to the wooden support generator. The results are much more realistic!

4- Yes, you'll be able to look at the heartline values for each coaster type. You'll have a few options for heartline: track height (centered between the rails like NL1), default for the style (varies based on the coaster type chosen), and custom (set your own value).

5- Not at the moment, though we are always looking for new features to add in future updates. Of course if any of our professional contacts ask for it we'd be happy to add such a feature.

-Ride_Op

^Great information, thanks!

I'm really curious about how smart the wood support generator is. Will it be able to, say, shorten the spacing of the bents on high-g areas of track like the bottoms of drops? If not, would we be able to add extra bents without building them completely from scratch?

Also, will it be able to line up bents with track directly underneath other track?

The wooden support generator isn't smart enough to know where the high g-force areas are, however you have the option to select 3 different bent spacings that came straight from one of our industry partners. When lined up properly the wooden support generator should re-use the same structure.

-Ride_Op

Hi guys. New update posted!

http://www.nolimitscoaster.de

Just to note: The link to the X-Car video is pointing to my personal YouTube account. Please refer to our official YouTube channel for the X-Car video and post any comments there (link below). I will be deleting the video from my personal account once the link on our website is updated and I'm afraid your comments will disappear with it. Thanks!

-Kevin

Edited by A.J.

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh.

I am so ridiculously excited. I want this to be avalible so bad already, I'm dying to play it!

I can't wait to see what people are going to do.

Everything looks so... Beautiful!

I mean... Wow!

"All the features are done"... Such beautiful words to see!

Need help making the demo parks? Don't worry, just joking... Mostly.

Personaly I'm more cuious about built-in brake stripes that go along the track and can curve with it (Like Full Throttle or Kingda Ka), bcause with NL1's brakes being those side-based trims whenever someone tried to do something like this it didn't look right, and not all of us can model them for each track