TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

Screw Theme Park Studios, No Limits 2 is going to blow it out of the water!

For such a niche type of software, I'm glad there's multiple projects going on and will support it all

Looking at the screenshots, I wonder if my "dream feature" will happen, designing and shaping the heartline path and choosing how the track banks around it, rather than just drawing and banking the track by hand and hoping that it follows a smooth heartline.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, this thread is for NoLimits News, not scripting and MATLAB. Stay on topic please.

I'm the moderator here, and that really made you look like a moron. Just saying.

Scripting talk is okay as long as it pertains to NoLimits 2, considering that it will be an integral part of the application and that the creators have made several news items pertaining to it.

But, remember that not everyone who uses NoLimits is an engineering student (I'm not one of those either), so try to keep talk as simple as possible for people to understand - especially for those who want to learn.

I'm sorry. I just wanted to help. I won't do it again, I promise.

Screw the new consoles being released, the biggest thing this year in gaming is the theme park/roller coaster genre.

It might just be me, but I'm also hoping the wooden coasters have gotten an upgrade (maybe Intamin trains and prefab-style track, Gerstlauer trains, some other things). I'll be totally okay, however, if there's only minor changes in that department with how good the steel coasters are looking.

Not to mention that the development if NL2 seems glacial in pace with no release date even hinted at.

Maybe the announcement and release of TPS will actually get NL2 out sooner.

They claim to be 95% done. However, it was in 2007-2008 when NL2 was first announced to be in production, so I have no clue how long that last 5% will take.

They say on nolimits coaster.de that it will be out after the beginning of November and they are doing some final touches. So it will for sure be coming out this year.

I'm wondering how far we can take the switch tracks. Could we re-create rides like Expedition Everest, Grizzly Gulch (Hong Kong Disney), The Mummy Coasters, or Winjas? I know I can probably put switch track anywhere, but can we control the speed of the switch? Shapes? Or make totally wacky switches that are new? I CANT WAIT!!

• 2 weeks later...
Screamscape has been granted an exclusive reveal this week for NoLimits2, showing off the brand new Suspended style coaster trains in action. I’m told that to date these trains have not been seen outside of the development team. The suspended style is shown in full glory and in full swing! The swinging motion is dynamic and affected by the forces acting on the coaster through the track. The swinging is calculated in real time and looks fantastic! Check it out!!

http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#NoLimits

^I read that the transfer track pieces could be scripted to move in any direction, so if there aren't any track pieces that do, it won't be long until someone uploads the script to make a track segment do that.

This excites me way more than it should.

I am so buying the professional version! 2013's Christmas is my most anticipated Christmas just for NL2.

Honestly, I'm waiting to see what the advanced export features are before I make my decision, especially considering that I'll be running it on my Windows partition.

I really hope that they do an upgrade or license transfer when the Mac version comes out.

So, what offerings does the "Pro" version have that the standard one doesn't? I'm really curious. I cannot wait for this to get released, definitely on my "must purchase" list.

Stuff like advanced screenshot/video capture. I think it's aimed more towards actual coaster designers. I've heard that the designers actually find NL helpful in their design process. The exported video can then be used in promos for the ride.