TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flash Passes & Other "Queue Skipping" systems

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^Lol!! $40 please.....

I have no reservations about fast/flash passes. I do think they work better in places like Universal where there are no time restrictions as I think that the lines flow a bit better. I also think that they are great when there is a new ride or attraction that everyone wants to do,as they encourage people to go and ride/do other things while they are waiting or in the case of the universal type system they allow guests to ride the ride whenever they want and keeps them happy.

I'll use this forum as an example of why the system is horrible. It normally can run 10 threads, one day in 2006 they were using 2 servers. With so many flash pass users 1 entire thread was devoted to flash pass most of the day. Then on the non flash pass thread, 2 threads were devoted to VIP users. That means in a thread that could accomodate 72 posters at full capacity and was only at a maximum of 36 posters at half capacity, only 14 posts were available to non flash pass or VIP users. 14 posts a cycle, even every 3 minutes is 20 x 14 = 280 pages an hour.

What happened to everyone being equal in a forum?

Wes I want you so bad right now.

Everyone else I have NEVER bought a fast pass at any park I haven't visited with R&E. I did pretty much every SF coaster on the East coast this year with no fast pass. It is just not that hard to get on every ride once. I have no problem with the system being available because tiered pricing system or as American as wholesale clubs.

This is why these systems hurt people who go to their home park a lot. Can you really justify spending that much money for a family of four that goes once a week?

A family of four that goes once a week should know better when to visit to avoid lines, or won't mind skipping a ride one week due to a longer line.

--Robb

Robb everything you have said is wrong, you have no idea what you are talking about and I don't believe you could find your ass with both hands and a map. I really believe that you don't know what you are talking about at all and the trips you plan are as fake as the moon landing.

So for a family of 4 it's, $160 admission, $200 flashpass, $15 parking, $100 food ($50 a meal) for a total of $475 and that doesn't include playing games or buying any items from stores.

If you're spending $100 on food in one day at a theme park, it might explain how you don't have enough money for a Flash Pass (not to beat a dead horse).

Here's how I got $50 a meal:

4 slices of pizza at $6.49 each, 4 drinks at $3.49 each, 1 side item like fries or breadsticks to split, $4.99. That's $44.91, times 7% sales tax, $48.05. I was off by $2.00. I don't think that is that much food for 4 people.

I can also use Johnny Rockets as an example, 4 smallest size burger meals (I think it's 1/3 pound), $9.99 each, that's $42.75 with tax not including drinks or anything else

I love any/all of the queue jumping systems!!

Granted, I've been to quite a few parks, sometimes for a full day. But sometimes, I'm just going in for new credits, and have a tight schedule to keep. That can be due to flights, distance to next park, etc...

A good example: A couple of years ago when Kingda Ka opened, Great Adventure was the last day of a 5 day trip. The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. I had to catch a flight at 5pm. It meant, at the time, I had to leave the park by 1pm. I had 3 hours.

I had no problems choosing the Gold Q-bot! No running to Ka, nothing. First thing we did was go get our Q-bot. Took a few minutes. 15 minutes later, with a 2.5 hour queue, I was on KK (hated it - btw). We decided to ride it again. Took all of 20 more minutes. We even had to wait, (ooooh BFD) as they merged the lines at the station. By this time, the local radio station broadcasting from in the line, was proclaiming that the line was in excess of 5 hours long! I believe it. Thank God I didn't have to wait! We also got in 4 rides on Nitro before we left.

I could have waited in line, for ONE ride, and possibly not ridden anything. Why did I only leave myself 3 hours to visit there? Because I saved almost $230 on airfare by coming home on Sunday, as opposed to Monday. I CHOSE to make the most of my day AND my hard earned dollars.

With my schedules, it was probably my only chance to get there that year. I made sure I made the most of it.

On the TPR Spain trip, we got the passes and used them very effectively. On the rapids ride, we got in 3 rides in the amount of time for the stand-by peeps to only move about 1/3 the way through the queue.

As far as spending money on food, deal with it! Any SMART person would be eating a filling breakfast before spending an entire day at a park. We all know that, in general, theme park food (OK, SF and CF) is crap.

Not surprisingly, no matter what park you go to, you see tons of "families" (since that seemed to be the focus of Yoshi's argument) that, throughout the day are tailgating it in the parking lot. To save money.

So, why in the hell would you want to eat there in the park?

The SF debacle about no re-entry was erased before it was ever implemented, due to the outcry over the internet. Yes, it was on their website, and if I remember correctly, it was removed in less then 72 hours, never to see the light of day.

So, that argument is a total loss.

Besides, how many fast food and normal restaurants are near amusement parks. Tons. Walk, it'll do you some good, and you'll get better food at a cheaper price.

I live 10 minutes from Disneyland. If someone goes there for the first time, and the only chance they get to go is on a Saturday in July/August, they'd NEVER ride everything they wanted to, and certainly not more than once. Being a local and using FASTPASS system, I can get anyone on EVERY ride in the park, usually with 3-4 hours to spare, to re-ride anything they want, and never being in a rush.

A little knowledge goes a long way.

No knowledge is just that, uneducated.

Long live the legal queue jumping!!!

JJ

Here's how I got $50 a meal:

4 slices of pizza at $6.49 each, 4 drinks at $3.49 each, 1 side item like fries or breadsticks to split, $4.99. That's $44.91, times 7% sales tax, $48.05. I was off by $2.00. I don't think that is that much food for 4 people.

I can also use Johnny Rockets as an example, 4 smallest size burger meals (I think it's 1/3 pound), $9.99 each, that's $42.75 with tax not including drinks or anything else

Please just stop. You're giving me a headache.

We know you don't like Six Flags. Point Taken. Please find another thread to occupy your time in...PLEASE!!!!

Thanks.

--Robb

I really don't mind the systems at all. Yes... they can get pricy, but as many have said, it is a choice.

I think that the system would be better if parks planned a bit better on how the people are integrated into the line. For me, when they can walk up the exit and be allowed front row, I think that that is total crap.

I think that there needs to be a merge point before you get into the actual station. However, this only works if there is a staff member to regulate this.

One more thing, people who complain, especially in line at a park need to get over it. You could have payed the money and made your wait shorter!

^ I thought the price of a slice of pizza was $6.39. I think you may need to do more research into pricing of food at parks. Seriously, 10cents can save you a lot in the long run. 10 cents can get you 3 pieces of Bazooka Bubble Gum

My thought on Queue jumping systems is that they totally rock. I prefer line jumping but that usually gets you thrown out of parks so I have stopped doing that. I seriously prefer all parks should do what Disney does and make their Queue jumping stuff free. Just put your ticket in and come back at a certain time. If you don't like the time then deal with it, you can always go after the time spot on the ticket anyway.

Jimmy "I'm the NPC Chairman" Bo

I'm all for the line jumping system. I don't know that I would ever need to utilize at my home park since I visit quite often, but at another park where I am limited with time I would buy one. When I hit SFMM in March I will only be there for 2 days, I fly in Sat, stay at the park till it closes and then have Sunday for the West Coast Bash, then fly back home Monday. That Saturday I will utilize flashpass cuz I have never been to MM before. Thats if I can get one, our sell out quick at SFOT on really busy days. I wish more rides would utilize the single rider line. Thats a great thing for me, the only one we have at SFOT is for Superman. I get like 4-5 rides in before half the people even make it thru the line.