• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

"I had to go out onto Canal Street to get to the grocery."

"My children were starvin', we needed some food and water."

"They keep saying 'we'll shoot them looters' but there's no food in our house."

"But sir, you gotta do what you gotta do to survive in this city as its fallin' apart!"

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand where he is coming from. Katrina really devastated many people and some can take it as if you are making that devastation into a game to enjoy. I know you are making a tribute but the fact that you are using a game to do so may make it confusing for some.

I personally don't see the point of it but to each his own.

Its a controversial subject, of coarse someones going to complain about it. I'm not the biggest fan of the idea either because showing a recreation of real events can be disturbing for some, especially when your manipulating a game in order to do so.

I'm sure this will turn out to be a technical marvel like your other movies, I'm just a bit uncomfortable with watching a video game unintentially mimicing the pain of the people who experienced it for real.

Dude! Awesome. I can't wait for the movie! Going through a few pretty devestating hurricanes myself, I'm glad you are doing a tribute to what happened.

Oh and how is this different than United 93 and World Trade movies that actually made profits? Give him a break.

I see your point, but there is a difference. If this were being done in a 3d rendering program or even done with live acting it would be fine. It's just the fact that he is using a GAME and therefore can play the Katrina experience. I know that you can't setup a hurricane in RCT3 and you are just setting up scenes, but I can understand if someone feels that you are making this too much like a game.

Once again I didn't say you were, I just can understand how that's interpreted.

Keep in mind, though, that only half of the movie will be made with RCT3. The second half will be made with real-life footage. The only reason I am using RCT3 for the actual aftermath is because I can't buy all of these stock photos/video footage to use. It's too expensive. RCT3 game is more of a tool to use than a game. At least that's the way I see it.

This will be a movie. There is no "game" involved.

Thanks for the responses!

Katrina begins filming tomorrow.

Filming for our movie will begin tomorrow along the gulf coast. While the second-half of the movie takes place in New Orleans, the second half of the movie will deal with other areas that were devestated by the effects of Katrina including Louisiana and Mississippi.

Several scenes will be shot along I-10, which travels parallel to the gulf coast.

Some interviews will also be conducted for the second half of the movie.

We will return later this summer to get the bulk of the footage from New Orleans.

• 2 weeks later...

Watch: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UYdPw05GstE

Dear reader:

This is the final trailer for Katrina. Next month, the film that has been in the works for almost a year now will be released. Later this month we will return to New Orleans to get the rest of the footage and interviews needed for the film. This is the true blood of the film. The feelings, the firsthand accounts of rescues, the heartache, the recovery. These will all combine to give the second half of the film its energy.

I hope you enjoy this trailer and I look forward to sharing this film with you. Thank you for the continued support.

- J.R. Stevenson