Illum Hills [RCT3]

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, I'm glad to be back and building again!

^What kind of tips are you looking for?

New update! (12/18/08)

Illum Hills: Spring Year 7

Park Owner: Warner Entertainment

Park Manager: Lee Yardston

Park Hours (Spring):

Sun:10am-9pm

Mon: Closed

Tues:Closed

Wed:Closed

Thurs:Closed

Fri:4pm-10pm

Sat:10am-10pm

Ticket Prices:

Adult General Admission: $30.00

Child General Admission:$15.00

Spectator:$10.00

Under 3: Free

Season Pass: $55.00

Attractions:

Eagle's Nest

Pioneer

Super Swinger

Wonder Wheel

Galaxy

Grand Carousel

Double Take

Dino Run

Scramble

Inferno

Rotor

Plunge

Games Square

Horror at the Hills

Rampage Rodeo Bulls

High Noon at Garis Gulch

Mine Mountain Madness

Black Hole

Jolly Roger

NEW FOR YEAR 7:

Tsunami Splash

Spin Cycle

Illum Theater

Park News

The removal of Double Take was a hard loss to take for Mr. Illum, along with the fire at the Haunted House, but he was happy to see the improvements throughout the park. There's much more staff, lockers around the park, improved lighting, and rides running more reliably. He's very happy with how the park has progressed under Warner ownership.

The park this year added a desperately needed show venue, named after its former owner and located on Double Take's old Station site. Rumors of an Ultratwister were put to rest when the theater was announced and TOGO denied being involved with the park. The old Horror Hollow section which had closed last season due to the fire, has been reopened with a new restaurant and the new Tsunami Splash, the long-awaited new water ride that soaks riders to the bone! Many new paths were built around the area, so it seems that more and more expansion is coming in the next few seasons! A new Round-up ride was also added to the park as well!

As for the rumor side of things, Ron Toomer has again been spotted in the park behind the Ferris Wheel. He also took an enjoyable ride on Black Hole, could Arrow be planning their own version of a stand-up? Sources are saying that the park will be getting a suspended coaster next season, but others are saying a mega-looper would draw more people. HUSS executives were also seen in the park over by Eagle's Nest and Plunge, maybe a new flat ride will come as well.

On to everyone's favorite part, the photos from the Spring!

A new season dawns on the park!

The new theater is ready for its first guests

The furnished interior.

A new pathway beside the theater, opening up some new photo ops.

This new pathway was built on the old track layout of Double Take, it eliminates an old dead end in the park

The park's new restaurant, which serves pizza and burgers!

A look inside

Tsunami Splash is the big new attraction of the year

An overview of the new section

Spin Cycle, the new Round-up ride located in Galaxy's old queue area.

The skyline feels bare without Double Take

That's all for now, check back for more soon!

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the 3 month delay, but my laptop crashed and I went through a lot of drama to get it fixed and get all of my data back! The good news is that this park was saved! As for kitkat, just start small and then try bigger and bigger buildings and scenery!

Finally, a new update!

Illum Hills: Summer Year 7

Park Hours (Summer):

Sun:12pm-11pm

Mon:10am-10pm

Tues:10am-10pm

Wed:10am-10pm

Thurs:10am-10pm

Fri:10am-11pm

Sat:10am-12am

Ticket Prices:

Attractions:

Eagle's Nest

Pioneer

Super Swinger

Wonder Wheel

Galaxy

Grand Carousel

Double Take

Dino Run

Scramble

Inferno

Rotor

Plunge

Games Square

Horror at the Hills

Rampage Rodeo Bulls

High Noon at Garis Gulch

Mine Mountain Madness

Black Hole

Jolly Roger

NEW FOR YEAR 7:

Tsunami Splash

Spin Cycle

Illum Theater

Park News

The park had a busy Summer season, with Tsunami Splash finally relieving the pressure on Lumberjack Falls, as well as bringing more people to the back part of the park. One of the main complaints however, was that Tsunami Splash was the only thing to do back in that corner of the park! Warner has assured us that more will come! Park improvements have continued as Jolly Roger had the area surrounding it redone with rocks and plantings, American Classics is undergoing a major renovation and is expected to shrink in size as another store is added next door. The whole backstage area of the park has also gone through a huge change with new offices and employee check in buildings now built instead of the smaller trailers and buildings the park was operating out of. Inferno had a problem the other day when a wheel on the first car came loose on the first drop and damaged the first two cars of the train, nobody was hurt on the train as it saddled between the first drop and the first loop. The park found that it was overlooked by a maintenance worker and the proper action was taken. Warner is overall impressed with how well the park is faring and is committed to making it the premier destination in the region. Rumblings have come out that Warner Entertainment may be making a play for the Six Flags Chain of parks as many of their executives have been visiting their properties more and more since they licensed use of the Looney Tunes to the parks.

As for future expansion of the park, lots of flags and other heavy construction equipment have been spotted behind the Hills Grill by Tsunami splash, but nobody sure what it is yet, but some are speculating that it may a suspended coaster from Arrow!

Here is the photo update from the Summer!

The new management buildings for the park

Inferno's Damaged A Train sits on a flatbed, waiting for repair backstage.

Inferno was re-inspected and certified operable by the state in July so the B train took over while the A train got repaired

Jolly Roger with it's newly redone and better landscaped area

Lots of framing and building taking place by the front gate

Lots of flags have popped up in the back of the park

Heavy construction equipment also is present

Could it be a new coaster, or something else?

On cold summer nights, Tsunami Splash didn't see many lines

But the park still looks awesome at night!

• 1 month later...

Dude, what is it with these thread bumpers lately(your brand new, so sorry to be putting you in this category, especially considering this is your second post and this thread is not this old) He will post when he is ready, unless I am very muchg mistaken, he is a college tudent and I am sure he is busy like everyone else. Don't ask for new updates, because if the poster is not going to do another update, you will not change his mind. I am sure that an update will come( if you look at all Buddy Christs recent updates, they have always been a little spaced out)

Just as a word of advice to everyone, if a thread is more than about half way down the first page, do not bump it. Sorry for kind of being a back seat mod, although I am noit sure if this is an actual rule, but we want to see what is current, not a park that has not been updated in a month.

• 3 weeks later...

Again, apologies for the delay in updates! College work got a bit overbearing so I couldn't really build or concentrate on the park. School just let out for the summer so my newfound free time can be used to update!

Illum Hills: Fall Year 7

Park Hours:

Sun:12pm-11pm

Mon:Closed

Tues:Closed

Wed:Closed

Thurs:Closed

Fri:10am-11pm

Sat:10am-12am

Ticket Prices:

Attractions:

Eagle's Nest

Pioneer

Super Swinger

Wonder Wheel

Galaxy

Grand Carousel

Double Take

Dino Run

Scramble

Inferno

Rotor

Plunge

Games Square

Rampage Rodeo Bulls

High Noon at Garis Gulch

Mine Mountain Madness

Black Hole

Jolly Roger

NEW FOR YEAR 7:

Tsunami Splash

Spin Cycle

Illum Theater

Fright Nights

Park News

Warner has set out to make Fall Fest a much more in depth and scarier event. This year they decorated a majority of the park, making it much more ominous and dark during the Fall Months.They also gave it a new name: Fright Nights! The walkway behind the Wonder Wheel became a terrifying walkthrough and props all around the park had surprises hiding behind them all the time.

Still no announcement by management for next years attraction, but it looks to be like a scenery laden rapids ride behind the Hills Grill. Rumors of a smaller attraction such as a bumper cars are also circulating as well.

On the corporate end of things, Warner made an offer on Marriott's Great America in Illinois but was beaten out by Six Flags. Warner seems to be interested in possibly acquiring Six Flags in the near future but probably wants to get a bit more experienced first. Something tells me a large expansion is on the horizon so they can get the experience of running a large theme park like many of the parks in the Six Flags chain.

Here is the photo update from the Fall!

The Entry Plaza decorated and declaring the new title: Fright Nights!

American Classics has expanded and looks much more appealing after its overhaul. A new Gift Shop has also been built next to it

Double Take's graveyard

Everything had webbing on it, Pioneer's station looked great with it

The walkway behind the wonder wheel was on a whole new level from David Illum's days.

The Grand Carousel also looked cool with its lighting and webs

Even scenery was put in front of the Super Swinger

Work is progressing on the new Rapids Ride with the station taking shape, the route dug out, and scenery being put in.

More to come soon!

[/u]