TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Illum Hills [RCT3]

Haha, yup, it's a little overkill I know. But the wait is over!

Illum Hills: Spring, Year 5

Park Owner: David Illum and Family

Park Manager: Roger Bryant

Park Opening Date: April 4th, Year 5

Park Hours (Spring):

Sun:10am-9pm

Mon: Closed

Tues:Closed

Wed:Closed

Thurs:Closed

Fri:4pm-10pm

Sat:10am-10pm

Ticket Prices:

Adult General Admission: $20.00

Child General Admission:$10.00

Spectator:$10.00

Under 3: Free

Season Pass: $45.00

Attractions:

Eagle's Nest

Pioneer

Super Swinger

Wonder Wheel

Galaxy

Grand Carousel

Double Take

Dino Run

Scramble

Inferno

Rotor

Plunge

Games Square

Horror at the Hills

New Attractions for Year 5:

Rampage Rodeo Bulls

High Noon at Garis Gulch

Mine Mountain Madness

Park News:

With a great amount of funding, the vision of Mine Mountain Madness was able to make a leap from imagination to reality. Mr. Illum was very excited as he looked over the finished product, stating "It's just so great and it feels like I'm actually at a real mine!" The new addition to Illum Hills fit right in as crowds lined up to grab their rides on the Mine Train, past abandoned buildings and through treacherous tunnels. Mine Mountain Madness is sure to be the hit of the summer.

Along with MMM, High Noon at Garis Gulch, a Western gunfight show, and Rampage Rodeo Bulls also were welcomed into the park. They helped to create a whole western themed area with their old west feel to them. Now they just need an old time photo and they'll be set!

In other park news, Warner Communications is setting up a new division called Warner Parks. Since Warner has helped so much with the park finances and the new addition, Mr. Illum has agreed to have "A Warner Park" attached to all marketing for Illum Hills starting next season. Illum Hills will be the flagship park as the division grows and grows!

Here, as always, is the photo update from the Spring!:

Double Take has received a new Blue and White paint job

Rampage Rodeo Bulls and Mine Mountain Madness

The new queue area

The new show is housed on the right

New views of Inferno have been opened up with the expansion!

What happened to Galaxy?

They moved it!

A nighttime shot of MMM

PARK DOWNLOAD

What you've all been waiting for is finally here, the download! Make sure you have all of the CS sets listed on Page 4 installed into your "Themed" folder and you're all set! I hope to see some photo trip reports as well soon! Let me know how your day at Illum Hills went!

Get it here!

http://files.filefront.com/Illum+Hills+by+BuddyChris7zip/;10618258;/fileinfo.html

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic, simply fantastic! I love this park so much...

So will the park become "Warner Brothers Illum Hills" next season?

Nope, it will still be Illum Hills, it will just say "Illum Hills, A Warner Park"

I didnt see a list of CS where is it?

The CS List is one page back

That Warner thing sounds interesting...

Corporate takeover?

I can't get DaMartze's Fences & Railings to download. If you have the zipped folder already in your comp, could you possibly email me the folder and I can download it from there? My Yahoo account would probably work the best:

coastermatt28@yahoo.com

When I saw those fences in your screens, I just fell in love with them. You also have a nice park going on there too! Can't wait to see more.

Thank you very much!

Illum Hills: Summer Year 5

Park Manager: Lee Yardston

Park Partner: Warner Parks

Park Hours:

Sun:12pm-11pm

Mon:10am-10pm

Tues:10am-10pm

Wed:10am-10pm

Thurs:10am-10pm

Fri:10am-11pm

Sat:10am-12am

Ticket Prices:

Attractions:

Eagle's Nest

Pioneer

Super Swinger

Wonder Wheel

Galaxy

Grand Carousel

Double Take

Dino Run

Scramble

Inferno

Rotor

Plunge

Games Square

Horror at the Hills

New Attractions for Year 5:

Rampage Rodeo Bulls

High Noon at Garis Gulch

Mine Mountain Madness

Park News:

Increased attendance during the Spring led to complaints about wait times for the new attraction Mine Mountain Madness. Mr. Illum responded by putting more staff onto the new coaster and increasing dispatch times. Air conditioning was also installed into the rocky queue part for those hot summer days. An unusually hot heatwave had lines at Lumberjack Falls reaching up to 3 hours at some points. Mr. Illum said more boats were purchased from Arrow, the maker of the flume, but lines still were outrageously long, hopefully a new water ride is in the works.

Mine Mountain Madness has been commended for its high level of theme in the waiting area, but many people think the layout of it is too simple and not as thrilling as Inferno or Double Take. Despite this fact, the queue has been full almost everyday with everyone trying to get on the ride. High Noon at Garis Gulch has also proved very popular and now run 3 times a day to meet the demand. Horror at the Hills got approval to open for the Summer after Mr. Illum pleaded with the Westworth council to amend the law keeping it shuddered until the fall. He showed pictures of waits at the park's main attractions and said that opening the haunted house would help to alleviate some of these waits.

On the corporate radar, Park Manager Roger Bryant has stepped down as he is moving to California, having taken a position at Six Flags Magic Mountain as Park Director. Mr. Illum commented "Roger has done a great job and will be greatly missed, I can only wish him the best as he takes this new job at one of the largest parks around!" With the position of Park Manager now open, a Warner employee stepped in to take over the duties of a Park Manager. Lee Yardston had been working with Roger Bryant since the Summer of Year 3. "I think I made a great decision, Lee used to be Vice President of Warner Communications, so he is very well suited to manage the park!"

Here is the photo update from the Summer!

Here's a better look at Galaxy's new location

Inferno's morning test runs as seen from the Operator's control panel

Grand Carousel has a brand new sign

Pioneer had some retracking done in the offseason, you can see the new wood and old wood

Mine Mountain Madness with another train of Miners ready to go!

Park Maps have started appearing all over the park

A backhoe has started ripping up Galaxy's old queue location

The park has really grown a lot as you can see from this overview!

Fall Year 5 is coming soon, with a new addition coming to Fall Fest!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Hey everyone, sorry about the delay in updates, I've been very busy working and doing other things, but I'm also putting a lot of thought and design into the next update!

Here is a small preview of something new for Fall Fest Year 5!

Yes, it is a hayride complete with flames and other exciting props! The full update will come as soon as I can complete it all!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, I know I've been slacking on updates, but my job has been occupying most of my time. Couple that with some creative block in my mind when working in RCT3 and there's going to be a long delay! So without further ado, here is the new update!

Illum Hills: Fall Year 5

Park Manager: Lee Yardston

Park Partner: Warner Parks

Park Hours:

Sun:12pm-11pm

Mon:Closed

Tues:Closed

Wed:Closed

Thurs:Closed

Fri:10am-11pm

Sat:10am-12am

Ticket Prices:

Attractions:

Eagle's Nest

Pioneer

Super Swinger

Wonder Wheel

Galaxy

Grand Carousel

Double Take

Dino Run

Scramble

Inferno

Rotor

Plunge

Games Square

Horror at the Hills

Rampage Rodeo Bulls

High Noon at Garis Gulch

Mine Mountain Madness

NEW FOR FALL FEST YEAR 5

Haunted Hayride

News:

Mine Mountain Madness still drew long crowds as the season was winding down. A spike in attendance also occurred during Fall Fest as the popularity of the event has grown and grown through the years. A new attraction has been added to Fall Fest to help alleviate some of the long lines throughout the park. Overall, the hayride was praised by park guests for its elaborate props and scenes that instilled terror into them. Lines grew to be around 3-4 hours at some points during the night!

On the business end of things, the Warner executives have been walking around the park with Ron Toomer of Arrow Development, most likely planning for a future attraction considering the success of Mine Mountain Madness. The profits for Illum Hills are really starting to outpace the expenditures, so new additions could easily be more than 1 ride in the coming years. There has also been rumors that people representing Six Flags have been in the park, but none have met with David Illum or Lee Yardston, so maybe they are scoping out the park as a possible purchase.

On the maintenance end of things, Double Take has had some problems lately with downtime. Ever since it got repainted, the launch motors have been having problems getting trains off the second platform and getting the train off at the correct speed, leading to constant valleying. Lee Yardston is starting to get impatient with the ride, but Mr. Illum still treasures the ride as it is a park original.

Here is the photo update from Fall Fest!

New ticket booths have been built in front of the entrance to help alleviate the long lines at the ticket building.

Pioneer has become even rougher, leading to drop in a ridership.

The entrance to the hayride

You know it's scary when you start out passing below a demonic clown

and the first display is nothing but clowns!

A killer robot

The graveyard and plane crash

Another killer robot

A huge fire spouting demon

The T-rex animatronic

And finally the warzone!

Then you arrive safely back where you started.

Stay tuned for further updates!

COOL! Your hayride is one of my favorites yet!

It's good to hear that the park may/will be receiving multiple new additions in the coming year. You know, it's about that time period where Arrow started designing Suspended coasters...could be a VERY unique addition to Illum Hills...

Can't wait for more!

COOL! Your hayride is one of my favorites yet!

It's good to hear that the park may/will be receiving multiple new additions in the coming year. You know, it's about that time period where Arrow started designing Suspended coasters...could be a VERY unique addition to Illum Hills...

Can't wait for more!

Thanks! And it is the time period when Arrow Suspendeds were coming into the picture, but will it be what Mr. Illum thinks is best for the park?

^ dpr lightz, or Vodhin's light kit, I think there are some more light kits available

I really like the evil MacDonald, looks like an awesome halloweenfest, a tip though: place the mist 1 level below ground, that way the mist doesn't fly in the air but stays on the ground, and if you have Instant Woods you can create woods with a lot of trees, which I think is better between 2 evil clowns (so you don't see the clown until its really close and scares the crap out of you)