Wonder Wheel

Galaxy

Grand Carousel

Double Take

New Attractions for Year 3:

Inferno

Rotor

Park News:

Installation of Inferno went very quickly and successfully, General Manager Roger Bryant was very happy with Schwarzkopf and hinted that more attractions by them could be expected in the future. Mr. Illum, after taking a ride on the new attraction declared it to be one of the best experiences he has had on a roller coaster. In other park news, a new ride has taken the place of the teacups and temporary haunted attraction from the fall.

On an interesting note, Mr. Illum, who has emphasized the financial burden of the park, revealed that a company had made a lucrative offer for the park for 3 million dollars. Marriot expressed interest in acquiring the park and make it into a Great America on the East Coast. Mr. Illum said that the park would not be sold in the near future and visitors can enjoy our family park charm for many more years.

Here are pictures of Inferno and its surrounding areas!

A new metal monster joins the park's skyline!

The ride's forceful finale

Looking into the station

Inversion goodness

A look at Inferno's area!

Blazing gifts, new to the area!

Inferno's exit provides a great view of the final helix

Nice lighting effects at night!

Summer year 3 is coming soon!

Thanks!

Illum Hills: Summer, Year 3

Sun:12pm-10pm

Mon:10am-10pm

Tues:10am-10pm

Wed:10am-10pm

Thurs:10am-10pm

Fri:10am-11pm

Sat:10am-12am

Ticket Prices:

Adult General Admission: $18.00

Child General Admission:$8.00

Spectator:$9.00

Under 3: Free

Season Pass: $40.00

Attractions:

Eagle's Nest

Pioneer

Super Swinger

Wonder Wheel

Galaxy

Grand Carousel

Double Take

Dino Run

Scramble

Inferno

Rotor

Park News:

The park has benefited greatly from the addition of Inferno, seeing record attendance numbers and increased profits. Ticket sales have helped to reduce the debt that had been troubling Mr. Illum, who noted that the park was still running in the red. Mr. Illum said he was happy to see that companies were interested in his park, but he enjoyed being in charge of the park too much to part with it.

The park overall is great at pleasing guests, with a great assortment of rides and eateries. The only complaints have been about sunburn and the length of some of the lines during the summer. The rides are still in great working condition and the only problems have been with Double Take, which has had the occassional problem with the launch motor and the train will valley. Park Manager Roger Bryant said that the procedure for replacing the train is very easy and the ride can be up and running as soon as the next day.

With a successful summer season behind the park, it is quickly becoming a premiere destination. It may soon attract more offers from big companies, but Mr. Illum may not be willing to sell!

Here is the Photo Update from the Summer!

The park keeps looking better and better

Pioneer is getting a little rougher and it's wood is fading, but it's still delivering a great ride

Inferno's exit ramp provides a great view of Double Take! It's brilliant red paint job from opening year has also began to fade

Inferno is an astounding sight at night

Double Take's train valleyed after a launch motor failure

The new rotor where the teacups and haunted house once stood

Skyview hasn't been open all year, the renovations must be taking longer than expected

An overview of the park at the end of the Summer!

Fall Year 3 is coming soon!

Thanks for all of the compliments!

DBru, even though the park is pretty self contained right now, there is a TON of room for expansion.

The park will grow through the years. You will see changes with every update I post (Double Take's Paint, The Rotor) and you can go back and look at how much things have changed through the years. I can tell you that there will be at least one new thing in every update, no matter how small it is!

Now if I could only get billboards to work properly

This is an excellent park! I really love the realism of it. There aren't too many RCT3 parks out there that have this kind of realism!

Are you on Windows Vista? Vista screws up the billboard thing...

Thank you! I'm really working hard to make it as believable as possible!

And I do run Vista, so that answers my question , thanks again!

Small Park Update!

As the end of the Summer approached, a lot was happening at the park. A guest was kind enough to share some of their photos of the activity!

Skyview Cafe has re-opened with a new sign and interior!

A look at the new Skyview

A whole new level has been added, tables will be set up soon!

A big construction wall has blocked off Galaxy's exit path

The ride itself is closed

From Eagle's Nest, you can see lots of dirt being moved around, possibly for a big new expansion or attraction!

Horror at the Hills is beginning to take shape in a new location for Fall Fest

Big things are in store! The always awesome Fall Fest update is coming soon!

Skyview Cafe is amazing!

I also never noticed the beautiful landscaping you have done behind Galaxy before now.

Can't wait for the next update!

Here's an interview from the Westworth Press dated 9/2/YR3!

Illum Hills Becoming Major Destination for Thrill Seekers

When David Illum set out to make an amusement park, he knew he had an arduous journey ahead of him. Banks, rides, staff, land, and permits are some of the hurdles he had to jump, but it has really paid off. It has been 3 years since Illum Hills opened to the public, and the small park has garnered a positive rating among families and coaster enthusiasts alike. We caught up with Mr. Illum while the park is preparing for it's annual Halloween event, Fall Fest.

WP: Thank you for sitting down with us Mr. Illum

DI: You're welcome, it's great to know the press is still interested in this place!

WP: So how is the current status of the park? Any major problems that you have run into lately?

DI: Operations in the park have gone very smoothly. We've encountered no problems with our new attraction, Inferno, so I think that's a good sign. Double Take valleys from time to time, but as a shuttle loop, that can be expected.

WP: We heard a while back that you were having some financial troubles, has that been resolved?

DI: Well, running a park is much more expensive than people can imagine. I have a staff of about 200 people and they all need a good salary as well as laying down large amounts for upkeep of the rides and new attractions. My investors do have confidence and this past Summer we pulled out of the red and into the black.

WP: You said Marriott was interested in the park, what were the details of their offer and does it still stand?

DI: Marriott came into the park last year and loved it. I've heard some great things about their Great America parks, and they made an offer to buy the park and leave me in charge of it. In return, I had to brand it as Great America and report to them and have all changes approved. It was a good offer, but I declined, I want this park to stay in the family. Though, if times get very hard, I may be forced to sell.

WP: It's great to hear your dedication to the park! What can we expect for next year's attraction?

DI: Well I won't give away too much right now, but I will say that it is an awesome ride from INTAMIN and is truly thrilling! I'm so excited for it that it's hard to keep it a secret!