• Zano's Bestial
    • Mike240SX's Gigawatt
    • DATman's Rage
    • Nannerdw's Grape Crush

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need help, what color do you use to AHG a elementary Cobra Roll, and a Dive Loop?

Good tips for using the AHG:

1. DO NOT!!!! heartline something once. Send it through as many times as you want until it's as smooth as you want it to be. I suggest having an original track file and having a heartlined track file so that if something's wrong in the original track that affected the outcome of the heartlined track, you can go back to the original and change it.

2. This is probably just me, but before oficially heartlining anything, send it through the ahg at various segment numbers (start with lots of segments and gradually decrease...) with 0 heartline without worrying about the banking. This will smooth out the track and make transitions much smoother. Also, still use input and output files, it helps a lot if you mess something up. I typically do this step 10 times before worrying about the bank. When it's nice and smooth, you can open the segment in the Purg and remove the banking so you have a nice baseline to work from.

3. Dive rolls specifically:

Don't just make one and try to mess with it to make it right. Make several in different ways and see which one comes out correctly. Typically with dive rolls, the banking tends to be a bit early after sending it through the ahg. Typically, I don't color the track for dive rolls, but if there is a slight problem with the banking, mess around with the green and red colors keeping in mind what they do. Again, do not ahg it once, go through many times until it is right.

4. Cobra rolls specifically:

See above, most of the things I said apply to cobra rolls too, but there are some differences. When sent through the ahg, cobra rolls tend to be overbanked in the middle between the inversions and also tend to bank the inversions themselves a bit too much. Again, play around with the green and red colors. You will eventually find something you want.

These are the steps I use to making my coasters super smooth. It works about 85% of the time and makes coasters 500% smoother than just sending a piece of track through the ahg once and accepting the outcome. Sure, it takes time, but in the end, it's all worth it. Trust me!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would try using 3 trains, but they ended up stacking for up to 25 seconds at the end. It's really hard without a MCBR or having separate load/unload stations.

My ride's official name is now "Grape Crush." It is named after the soda and also what it does to the riders

I have put up a NLDC page for the ride, too.

^Nice coaster, but.....

1. I found a couple spots that need to be tweaked a little so they can pass the tunnel test.

2. The train did not stop on the mid course break run when I manually set it to E-stop.

Anyways, work on those key factors, and you'll have one heck of a coaster! The layout is nice, and the G's are in order. Good luck with the contest!

2097459078_14_6491-080320204845000.jpg.9709172e6a35a7a89b0e8229c3a59706.jpg

Tunnel test failure. Not a big one, but just enough...

I like the layout and pace of the ride, and it was very smooth for the most part. However, the lateral g's were uncomfortably high in some places, especially the entrance to the MCBR and the slight turn into the second corkscrew, which both need to be banked more. I know it would be a lot of trouble to go back and fix these now, since you already placed the supports, but I think a lower filter value in the AHG would fix these banking issues.

Wow, that was truly amazing! I thought the heartlining was great! Did you use any tools?

Well, my coaster is completely hand-built, and you can really tell, lol. I figured I might as well share it so I can get some feedback before the polls go up...

Stasiphobia.nltrack

Stasiphobia!

Stasiphobia-080320223609001.bmp

Final helix!

Stasiphobia-080320223457000.bmp

*Almost* a dive loop...

^Nice coaster, but.....

1. I found a couple spots that need to be tweaked a little so they can pass the tunnel test.

2. The train did not stop on the mid course break run when I manually set it to E-stop.

Anyways, work on those key factors, and you'll have one heck of a coaster! The layout is nice, and the G's are in order. Good luck with the contest!

Aha, but here's where I get away with that, because if you notice, none of the tracks that intersect go through the corresponding tunnels. I thought that through for days! And the MCBR shouldn't be a block brake. I designed it to not be a block. I guess I didn't notice that before I uploaded it...

I like the layout and pace of the ride, and it was very smooth for the most part. However, the lateral g's were uncomfortably high in some places, especially the entrance to the MCBR and the slight turn into the second corkscrew, which both need to be banked more. I know it would be a lot of trouble to go back and fix these now, since you already placed the supports, but I think a lower filter value in the AHG would fix these banking issues.

Have you ever ridden Mantis? The "thing" before the MCBR on Mantis is quite painful and more of a jerk than this coaster IMO. And I just noticed that that part goes yellow, so I worked that out...I knew about the second one before the corkscrew, but I left it in for a little thrill, and it never went yellow, so i went along with it. IMO, a coaster isn't a coaster without some Lats

Thanks for the criticism guys! I know this coaster is kind of on the edge, but that's what it's supposed to be all about!

(and I went back and changed the track so the MCBR isn't a block)

^ Yes smaller pieces are easier to handle, especially to get the banking right.

But many of them have been put through AHG, and the result is many small pieces.

Wow, that was truly amazing! I thought the heartlining was great! Did you use any tools?

Well, my coaster is completely hand-built, and you can really tell, lol. I figured I might as well share it so I can get some feedback before the polls go up...

Yes he used AHG.

Great work on creating the first powered stand up.

But if you work harder on your tracks you can make them as good as coasterlover420 or mine.

^Nice coaster, but.....

Aha, but here's where I get away with that, because if you notice, none of the tracks that intersect go through the corresponding tunnels. I thought that through for days! And the MCBR shouldn't be a block brake. I designed it to not be a block. I guess I didn't notice that before I uploaded it...

(and I went back and changed the track so the MCBR isn't a block)

The tunnel hit is just a minor one, and since the train below isn't moving at high speed, I doubt that it would be a problem, but still one of these things that should be fixed. But it's just a case of "bad" design since the brake run should be on the same level as the station from the first case.

And why did you remove the block from the MCBR? Since by doing this you gave the track a bad case of the "stacking syndrome", to make it stop on the MCBR you should either increase the brake force, make that segment higher or a combination of both of these.

Coasterlover420, your coaster passes, as I didn't realize the MCBR wasn't a block. Good Job!

DBru, your coaster passes the tunnel test and E-stop test, but you are supposed to be running 2 trains, not just 1. Also, there are no rules about all the special power segments, so they are fine. G's are ok, but some places it still spikes. Where are the catwalks on the lift hill? Aside from all those things, good job! Fix some of those things and report back. Just some minor errors. Good luck with the contest!

The tunnel hit is just a minor one, and since the train below isn't moving at high speed, I doubt that it would be a problem, but still one of these things that should be fixed. But it's just a case of "bad" design since the brake run should be on the same level as the station from the first case.

Well, I was going to put it on the same level as the station and at first I was building the coaster backwards and forwards, but when I got past the corkscrews, I thought, "How can I go under the brake run, cause I certainly can't go over?" I just raised the brake run, and it doesn't HAVE to be on the same level. Look at the New Mexico Rattler. And I don't think it's bad design to have head choppers. Look at

And E-stop problem has been fixed.

That's not really the point of an E-stop anyway. When the train stops, that means there's something wrong and they don't want the train to finish the course. That's why I didn't put any. The point of a ride is not what the train does after an E-stop, it's what it does when everything is running smoothly. Mine passed the E-stop test because there weren't two trains that crashed into one another.

Okay, I have improved my coaster quite a bit, I believe. The g's are now ALL green (but I had to remove an inversion...), I've smoothed it out quite a bit, added the missing catwalks , and put on a second train. Check it out!

Stasiphobia.nltrack

I think its better...

^Well, it's not quite fixed yet. All you have to do is select the brake run and click "enable transport device" and viola! The coaster then makes it through the course!
A more realistic way would just be to have the brake run going down at a slight angle, with no transport device.