• Zano's Bestial
    • Mike240SX's Gigawatt
    • DATman's Rage
    • Nannerdw's Grape Crush

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll enter the contest, too. This is my first time using the FVD formulas, but I think it turned out pretty well. This ride is heavily inspired by the Georgia Scorcher. I'm working on the supports right now.

height: 100 ft

length: 2376 ft

max speed: 50 mph

Once it is done, should I post it in a reply or send it to you, CoasterNut17?

Standup2.jpg.803ac92785d846a92fe0906b472e3c25.jpg

Overall Layout

standup1.jpg.8634d1a97dea91e2a8e80f067e9a5e0a.jpg

These parts were inspired by GA Scorcher's awesome banked camelback!

I'll enter the contest, too. This is my first time using the FVD formulas, but I think it turned out pretty well. This ride is heavily inspired by the Georgia Scorcher. I'm working on the supports right now.

Welcome to the contest! Looking good! I think you should continue to make your coaster better (tweaking minot things), at least until the due date rolls around, so nobody steals ideas. Basically, just don't put anything up for download until the due dates; that is unless you guys want people copying elements and what not...

Anyways, everyone's enteries are looking good so far! Can't wait to see the finished products!

My coaster isn't named yet. My track layout is essentially done; however, there are still some pumps and g-spikes and oddly-shaped elements and minor tunnel collisions and other terrible things that I'll need to fix before AHG and supportwork.

There will be some terraforming, the colors aren't finalized, sorry about the bad quality of the preview picture, etc. etc. etc....

boblomantid.png.e2ce561137590d8ca9c78fc6f164c920.png

Track layout. About 125 feet tall. Currently 3280 feet long; that statistic is certain to change in the near future. Top speed is in the ballpark of 57 mph. Includes vertical loop, horseshoe turn, dive loop, inclined loop, MCBR, helix, corkscrew, twisty things.

Does it even go upside down? If not, you definitely have a unique ride here.

CoasterNut17, my entry - Furchtbahn (German for "Fear Coaster") has a boost that goes to 74 mph, but even though the boost is set to 74 mph, it sometimes spikes up to 77 mph. Will that be counted against me? (Yes, my ride is a boosting B&M Stand Up.) Also, the ride sometimes had "severe random G spikes" - whenever I go through an elemenet that normally pulls about 4.7 - 4.9 G's, it can sometimes go into the red - anywhere from 0.8 to 1 full G higher than normal. Will these "Super G Spikes" count against me? (I normally build my rides intense - although a little on the insane side, there is NEVER a time except for Pretzel Loops on a Flyer that I will intentionally build beyond 5.3 G's.)

(I normally build my rides intense - although a little on the insane side, there is NEVER a time except for Pretzel Loops on a Flyer that I will intentionally build beyond 5.3 G's.)

I think it is a common misconception that pretzel loops pull up to 6 g's at the bottom. It is probably goes no higher than 4 - 4.5 g's, but the direction of the force makes it feel stronger.

CoasterNut17, my entry - Furchtbahn (German for "Fear Coaster") has a boost that goes to 74 mph, but even though the boost is set to 74 mph, it sometimes spikes up to 77 mph. Will that be counted against me? (Yes, my ride is a boosting B&M Stand Up.) Also, the ride sometimes had "severe random G spikes" - whenever I go through an elemenet that normally pulls about 4.7 - 4.9 G's, it can sometimes go into the red - anywhere from 0.8 to 1 full G higher than normal. Will these "Super G Spikes" count against me? (I normally build my rides intense - although a little on the insane side, there is NEVER a time except for Pretzel Loops on a Flyer that I will intentionally build beyond 5.3 G's.)

That should be fine, don't worry about it.

^^Everyone will post their downloads on April 5th, so you could keep tweaking it or whatever until then.

(I normally build my rides intense - although a little on the insane side, there is NEVER a time except for Pretzel Loops on a Flyer that I will intentionally build beyond 5.3 G's.)

I think it is a common misconception that pretzel loops pull up to 6 g's at the bottom. It is probably goes no higher than 4 - 4.5 g's, but the direction of the force makes it feel stronger.

Hmmm, that could be possible, however look at Tower of Terror at Gold Reef City in South Africa - it is the most forceful coaster Iknow of at 6.3 G's - I know it's not flyer, but it still pulls 6.3 G's.

Proof:

http://rcdb.com/id1481.htm

Anyway, Furchtbahn is almost done. When I finish trackwork, I will post pictures.

^ 3ds is the file-extension on the object you can import into NL to theme your rides.

E-stop is a test to see if the ride is safe, you basically press F12 while in the simulator, and after doing that all trains should stop on the closest brake section, lift, station, etc. and not crash.

^IF the deceleration G's are strong enough (don't go above 2 - 2.5) and if the brake section is long enough. That is what the E-Stop test is used for. Anyway, I have pics for Furchtbahn:

Here is an overview of Furchtbahn's layout.

The element that is highlighted in green is my signature element - the Warped Immelmann.

Jamjar, what program did you use to make your logo?