TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

Since I'll be in Jersey visiting family over Christmas I took a look at the park's website to maybe jump on a few coasters.  I had to laugh when I saw Sandy's Blasting Bronco is currently listed a down for "annual maintenance" even though the ride hasn't been open a year.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, was gunna finally go last weekend but saw Sandy's was down. Given the price I did say I wont go unless all the coasters are at least open. Surely this was the case for a while and I just wasn't thinking to check but oh well! Glad to hear its will likely be some time, I wont really bother looking till probably 2022

• Like 1

Hasn't Sandy's been moderately reliable?

The one issue I've seen in my visits is that the ride faults if it waits too long in between launches.  This was a side effect on going on super quiet days.  Maintenace could easily reset it in 5-10 minutes each time.

22 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Hasn't Sandy's been moderately reliable?

The one issue I've seen in my visits is that the ride faults if it waits too long in between launches.  This was a side effect on going on super quiet days.  Maintenace could easily reset it in 5-10 minutes each time.

I guess define "moderately reliable". It's been closed for months now. lol

Yeah given the long, (looooooong) saga of opening this place, which was still a hot mess, the general dying of malls and the **** luck of opening than a pandemic happening, all jokes aside (and they seem nothing but valid) I do kinda admire this place is still even going. I've always been torn  between "just go and whatever you can (mostly for the Takabisha that is slightly steeper clone) because lord knows when this place will close" and "nono try to time it so all is open" I do see Sandy's is now closed through 1/31. Ugh lol

I was there a couple of weekends ago and the place was absolutely mobbed. We were in the waterpark, but the amusement park was also jammed and people were shopping up a storm.  I think this place is catching on.  As a semi-local, I've now noticed they're also advertising on radio and through mailers.  I think it'll be just fine...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kidmanboy said:

I was there a couple of weekends ago and the place was absolutely mobbed. We were in the waterpark, but the amusement park was also jammed and people were shopping up a storm.  I think this place is catching on.  As a semi-local, I've now noticed they're also advertising on radio and through mailers.  I think it'll be just fine...

I hope! I deff recall early on seeing lots of ads for it, and ironically (despite being the enthusiast of my group) I do know some friends who have already gone. I do hope it survives and even grows, I love the idea of a park I can go to in winter and has some legit solid rides!

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if MOA will get its own version of Sandy's blasting bronco 

Another thing I have never understood is why Nick Universe or Universal Studios haven't built a burger joint to look just like the Krusty Krab  

13 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

It's time for the monthly update on Sandy's delayed reopening.  It is now closed through 2/28/22.

Wait...no. Oh shit it really is lmao 

2 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

I haven't been there in almost a year, but Sandy's had a really weird programming quirk where the ride faulted if it wasn't constantly cycling.  And considering how dead this place gets some weakdays, maintenance must hate this ride.

Sooooo I try to not do this because I'm no engineer, and certainly couldn't design complex things like roller coasters but that uh....seems like quite a flaw lol

I was at Nick Universe on Sunday, and the train is missing its outer shell, seats, and restraints.  Definitely appears it's waiting on some parts.  Some may recall the front of the train had been removed for most or all of the time it had been operating.  

I'm bummed to have still not been on this ride - and also bummed that Shellraiser was closed, although it's downtime was known before I bought tickets and seems shortlived.

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't seem good.

There’s a good chance you have more money in your savings account than American Dream does.

The mega mall’s account has fallen to a less than $1,000 balance.

For the second consecutive time, American Dream paid its scheduled, bi-annual bond payment from its dwindling reserves account.

In August, the developer of the retail and entertainment complex, drew $9,285,625 from its debt service reserve, leaving a balance of $9,286,082.87. This week, the developer had another installment due and it withdrew all but $820.23 to cover the debt.

But the developer insists it isn’t going anywhere.

more:
https://www.nj.com/news/2022/02/american-dream-nearly-depletes-reserves-to-make-92m-bond-payment.html

1 hour ago, Canobie Coaster said:

And now instead of giving a reopening date for Sandy's that keeps getting pushed out, the website now lists it closed for "Annual Maintenance" so who knows when it'll reopen.

Probably sometime after their next taxpayer-funded bailout.

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 5:45 PM, SteamedHams said:

I laugh anytime I see people say the mall is going to die. 

I laughed when I saw this post and then the one about them having $800 left in the bank

The fact that most of the promised restaurants havent opened is the biggest red flag IMO.

Also they still dont have an online map, as theyre still trying to hide all the empty areas