TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

p. 32 - AWESOME DreamWorks Water Park trip report!

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ended up visiting the Dreamworks Water Park for the second time this past Thursday. Wait, what, second time?! Believe it or not, I was one of the few people that managed to sneak a visit in during t

I went last week and Sandy's Blasting Bronco was in fact open.  The ride is fantastic.  It's easily the most intense backwards launch out there and all 3 Immelmanns feel wildly different.  It's probab

I went to the park last Friday and everything was a walk on. Picked up the Shredder and Sandy credits since they were both closed on my visit last December. Shredder was awesome and I would highly rec

Posted Images

^^ Thankfully they're really quick to update the park alerts page. So I'm pretty sure they'll just quietly remove it from broken and leave those flipping bumper cars in the under maintenance until the end of time.

I did try messaging them last month, but it took like 5 weeks to respond. I got this message back on Monday.

sandy_s.png.36a1be1e27fc95e4d5078881fbf1c39f.png

^^ Thankfully they're really quick to update the park alerts page. So I'm pretty sure they'll just quietly remove it from broken and leave those flipping bumper cars in the under maintenance until the end of time.

As soon as I saw those I just wondered how anyone could have possibly looked at them and bought them expecting them to ever not be broken. I look forward to seeing what they replace them with in a few months.

^^ leave those flipping bumper cars in the under maintenance until the end of time.

I did try messaging them last month, but it took like 5 weeks to respond. I got this message back on Monday.

Did anyone else on here get to go on Invader zim flip and spin?, it was quite bizzare and the flipping controls did not work well and it would randomly start flipping and spinning repeatedly. When I was there a mom was quite upset at guest services because her young daughter has banged her head on the back of the seat when the uncontrollable flipping occured

it was quite bizzare and the flipping controls did not work well and it would randomly start flipping and spinning repeatedly.

I got to try out the flipping bumper cars at Ventura Park in Cancun a few weeks ago, my experience on it was pretty similar to this. There were about a dozen cars in the arena, but only four of them "worked." The wheels on my car kept locking up, flipping controls were not very responsive, and then the car would just randomly start doing its own thing. The ride time was nice and long, but I spent the entirety of it trying to get my car under control. I can understand why NU would have their own contraption down for an extended period.

I got on Invader Zim when I went. The controls barely worked and the attendant had to stop the cycle TWICE in order to let kids off. Also, more cars were parked than operational. I hope they can either get it working or replace it with something more reliable.

Thanks! I had never heard of that company.

Same, and it looks like that’s a reason that we haven’t but that fiberglass alligator that they sell seems pretty nice so I’ll give them that.

Edited by coasterbill

I didn't wind up going to the park this weekend due to a schedule conflict, but I appreciate everyone's advice! I look forward to visiting this place in the hopefully-not-to-distant future.

• 2 weeks later...
Sandy has soft opened.

Oh my gracious please keep trending up I'm visiting a week from today.

Or would the better play be go on the Saturday? More crowds = more of a chance it's open?