TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

Ideally I'm hoping to catch the 5:10 bus, but if I miss it and wind up on the 5:30, it's not the end of the world.

Also, are there any relatively reasonably priced decent enough restaurants in the Times Square Subway/Port Authority Complex? I'm at an event further uptown until 4:30, so I won't have much time to grab dinner.

Within one or two blocks of Port Authority

Best bang for your buck Los Tacos #1 at 229 W 43rd St

There are no great pizza by the slice places but this place is cheap 99 Cent Express Pizza at 301 W 43rd St

Any sit down restaurant will be expensive, so stick with quick service to save money

Edited by larrygator

Thanks for all the advice! Hope this can work out! Has anyone here actually taken the bus to American Dream yet btw?

)

I havent but a friend live tweeted their trip. They were the only passenger.

Also make sure to check the new bus schedules, they just changed Sunday.

So if you're looking for decent eats in and around the PABT, I'd suggest the Westway Diner on 9th Ave and 44th. Very few food options are going to be cheap except for a two-slice-and-a-soda deal from any utility pizza place. As for navigating Port, via con Dios. I despise Port even more than I despise Penn Station which is saying a whole, whole lot. You'll want Gate 305, which I want to say is on the lower level from the main ticket plaza/shopping and food area. Just keep in mind that you're relying on NJTransit, which is like the equivalent of relying on your best friend's meth head cousin for a ride - he may show up really early and leave without you, or he may show up exactly on time and then spend twenty minutes shooting the %&*# with some random dude, or he may be an hour late and none of that is a guarantee you'll actually get where you're going. In short, have a back up plan, be it either getting to Secaucus Junction for the train back into the city or have Uber/Lyft on your phone.

I’ll keep it in mind. Gate 305 is on floor 3. According the maps floor 3 appears fairly straightforward, but idk how tough it is to get to floor 3 in the first place. The bus comes every 20 min, so if it leaves early or late that hopefully shouldn’t be too terrible. I’ll keep the advice in mind.

I’ll keep it in mind. Gate 305 is on floor 3. According the maps floor 3 appears fairly straightforward, but idk how tough it is to get to floor 3 in the first place. The bus comes every 20 min, so if it leaves early or late that hopefully shouldn’t be too terrible. I’ll keep the advice in mind.

They actually do signage pretty well at Port, so if you take the main level escalators up to the second floor, look for the North wing. The third level stairs/escalators are by the PNC Bank. But if you can follow signs, you'll be okay.

^There’s a good chance I’ll be taking that bus next week - Any tips you’d have for making sure that the trip goes smoothly

Hopefully ur going during the week and u should take a bus between 10 30 am and 1 PM or so

I see your going later actually now, just avoid NYC rush hour hrs, its pretty straight forward to buy your ticket from the machine at the Port Authority and there should be a NJ transit employee stationed at the gate for the express bus, it's great there are no stops but you will need to walk through the parking lot a bit once u get there, when I went the bus dropped me off by the IZOD center

Any of the 4 or so 99 cent pizza places a block from the Port Authority will suffice for a meal less than 5 dollars

Thanks! I'm aiming to take the 5:10pm bus on a Sunday, since I'd be using the twilight ticket which is valid for 6-8pm that day. Are fare machines available throughout the complex or are they only at certain locations?

Thanks! I'm aiming to take the 5:10pm bus on a Sunday, since I'd be using the twilight ticket which is valid for 6-8pm that day. Are fare machines available throughout the complex or are they only at certain locations?

On floor 3 theres a bunch of nj transit ticket machines

So shellraiser definitely has a shuffle entering the corkscrew and the dive loop. Last time I rode (early dec) it gave me a headache after a couple rides. So maybe they’re still tuning the trains as others have stated. I rode it 5 times.

Shredder added new drive tires at the base of the lift. And the lift is nearly silent now while before it was RMC loud.

Slime streak - still a whippy kids ride. Wish it had magnetic brakes or even drive tires for a brake run. Needs a second train.

I rode the Intamin skateboard - my first. I thought I wouldn’t like it but ended up really enjoying it.

Sandys bronco was testing briefly - then they were cycling the light system in a rainbow color. That’s all.

Skyline Scream is top 3 best S&S tower ever. Fight me.

Oh the park was slow today they let you keep riding Shellraiser without getting off. Same with all the other rides.

I think the price point is tough to swallow. Until you get there and realize it’s a complete park with only cutting-edge brand new rides.

With that said I did feel like the park needs sandy in order to be well rounded. Because I wanted something intense to follow my ride on Blues Skidoo and only shellraiser is available.

I do think it needs an expansion By 2027 to keep people interested. Needs a RMC and a family inverted.

So far it looks like Nick Universe keeps saying 'check our daily operations page' for updates on Sandy.

Looks like I'm going to visit in 3 weeks so hopefully we'll have an update by then. Even without it, looks like there's plenty to do. Really excited to ride Takabisha 2.0!

They're probably not going to post anything aside from quietly deleting it from "Coming soon" when you hit the "Park Alerts" button on the web page.

You would think that they would market the fact that they just opened a big new coaster but they probably won't because they're the American Dream Mall.

^^ Thankfully they're really quick to update the park alerts page. So I'm pretty sure they'll just quietly remove it from broken and leave those flipping bumper cars in the under maintenance until the end of time.

I did try messaging them last month, but it took like 5 weeks to respond. I got this message back on Monday.

sandy_s.png.36a1be1e27fc95e4d5078881fbf1c39f.png