TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, BotanicalStig said:

The mega-malls heydey ended 30 years ago. From what I've seen, the indoor park looks really cool, and I'd love to visit (sans-covid). Probably should have just built a big(er) indoor theme park, without the vacant store fronts. 

There's really nothing preventing that from happening.  Not like there's contracted ownership of those empty storefronts.

Screw it. Build a long, meandering coaster that races through the mall area tunneling through the walls.  That would be a blast!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 8:49 PM, KBrylczyk said:

There's really nothing preventing that from happening.  Not like there's contracted ownership of those empty storefronts.

Screw it. Build a long, meandering coaster that races through the mall area tunneling through the walls.  That would be a blast!

Th challenge is building it in a way no one can see it because thats their current business strategy.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Occasionally I check this park's website to see if they ever lowered prices or offered a season pass (the answer is no), but I came across this thing that I don't see them advertising anywhere. I actually love this but I can't tell if it's a one-off thing or not.

Also, their two best coasters and the drop tower are closed right now, so no. lol

273593447_627933271648702_5815478962376535339_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Prices for the ferris wheel have been announced and they're actually not too insane.

Tickets will cost $29 for adults and $20 for children. There will be a military discount and a discount for Bergen County and Hudson County residents. The presale for tickets begins today.

The wheel will open on April 13th and will offer incredible views of the Jersey Turnpike and the roof of the mall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Prices for the ferris wheel have been announced and they're actually not too insane.

The wheel will open on April 13th and will offer incredible views of the Jersey Turnpike and the roof of the mall.

Meh, not interested unless there's bar cars like the High Roller in Vegas.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

lol $29 for an indoor Ferris Wheel and they still have Sandy's on "annual maintenance" which by this point is basically SBNO XD

In their defense, which is extremely rare for me, $29 is pretty much par for the course when it comes to this super-sized, never-stopping, observation wheels.  The High Roller in Vegas starts at $23.50 for an adult during the daytime and $34.50 for an adult at night, and that's not even a bar car (which starts at $60).  The Capital Wheel at the National Harbor is $15 for an adult.    Seattle's Great Wheel is $16, Skywheel Myrtle Beach is $17, Centennial Wheel in Chicago is $18, and the wheel at Icon Park in Orlando is $28. Hell, even the traveling-type wheel that was installed in Midtown Manhattan for a few months was $20 a person, and you couldn't see shit except the buildings right next door.

Given that this is in perhaps the most expensive market in the US, right next door to the Amusement Park which once charged over $100 for a four hour block, yeah $29 is a deal.

Also, the wheel at American Nightmare it is entirely outdoors.

attachment-DJI_0006.jpeg?w=980&q=75

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Sandy's Blasting Bronco is open?  On one hand, not a single ride is listed as closed right not at Nickelodeon Universe.  On the other hand, that seems like a borderline miracle that not a single ride is closed given the park.

Edit- The ride closures are no longer listed under Park Alerts on the home page.  When you go to buy tickets, it states Sandy's is still closed for annual maintenance and Skyline Scream is closed because it's Skyline Scream.

22 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Edit- The ride closures are no longer listed under Park Alerts on the home page.  When you go to buy tickets, it states Sandy's is still closed for annual maintenance and Skyline Scream is closed because it's Skyline Scream.

🤣 I really never thought they would open a park an hour from my house with a drop tower and 5 coasters open 365 days a year and I would never ever ever go there but... here we are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2022 at 1:58 PM, coasterbill said:

🤣 I really never thought they would open a park an hour from my house with a drop tower and 5 coasters open 365 days a year and I would never ever ever go there but... here we are.

Seriously, this is closer to me than even Six Flags and I still have no desire to go. The prices plus not everything being open is just meh. If they had a somewhat reasonable season pass or prices I'd have gone by now. 

On 4/29/2022 at 1:58 PM, coasterbill said:

Well, that's okay. They still haven't opened a park that's an hour from your house with a drop tower and 5 coasters that are open 365 days a year. 😂

• Haha 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ AFAIK it's been running for a few days.  There's new videos out there of it open.  I don't think god or the devil himself can know if it'll be operational when you visit, though.