TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

^^ Just report the spam bots and move on. Even a jokey post is just going to alert it to a response and risk more bots being put on the site. There's like 4 off-topic key words in your jokey post that match up to the bot for it to see it got responded to and the next bot that comes along targeted at that kind of audience can pick up on.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 4:59 AM, GreatAdventurer said:

I'm still finishing training, yesterday was alot cause they had a loading platform to build but overall I'm glad to be operating lifts and I like the cold, definitely excited to be getting in shape at work and also becoming a better skier in my time off this winter

Ski lift's are a lot of fun to operate, especially when you have the Jerry's. I have only operated a carpet life within my department of Children's ski instructing

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, Kstr737 said:

Is the website accurate to which rides are running?  I was in the mall a few weeks ago.  A Saturday and the Intamin was down.  It was listed  as such for a few weeks but seems to have disappeared the last couple...  I want to go at a time they’re all running.  The park looked impressive from behind the rope.  The waterpark looks even more impressive.

To pull that hefty trigger once for all the rides: coordinating a slow/cheaper slot has been kind of complicated to figure out.

It's extremely rare for them to have all of their major rides operating on the same day. It basically never happens. I don't recommend anyone plan a trip to this place unless they're okay with missing out on a major ride or two but I mean... what do you expect when you're only paying $80 per person for 4 hours?

• Haha 5

Looks like American Dream is getting a couple new kiddie flat rides

-We have a Zamperla Speedway that looks like a clone or similar to Zooma's Zoomer, a Paw Patrol ride at Movie Park Germany

-According to someone from Reddit who went to Nick Uni (Photo is from him) he saw, "a mini jungle looking swing ride. It’s already put in place, just boxed off from everything. You can see it clear as day."

Link for the Jungle swing comment

Link to the photo of the new ride

screencapture-preview-redd-it-cy1qlf0wkya61-jpg-1610509449799 (1).png

maxresdefault.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to say a nice round $50 for a daytime ride, $75 for night time.  $100 for a bar car if they have them like the High Roller in Vegas.  Plus NJ's insane sales tax.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 12:27 AM, GreatAdventurer said:

For food I would recommend the cajun chicken place in the food court or Wendy's in the same area, if anyone has some more general american dream questions just let me know, I work at big snow now and am glad to help anyone 😀 

How big is the banana republic store?

On 1/11/2021 at 10:59 AM, coasterbill said:

It's extremely rare for them to have all of their major rides operating on the same day. It basically never happens. I don't recommend anyone plan a trip to this place unless they're okay with missing out on a major ride or two but I mean... what do you expect when you're only paying $80 per person for 4 hours?

Oof that's disheartening lol I've held off bc I was waiting for Sandy's to open. Still dont think the prices justify what's there but I want the creds esp the 0.5 degree steeper supposedly rougher Takabisha XD but dang...that hurts to know. 
Well, is the site accurate? Maybe will keep my eyes peeled and hope for a miracle some day. Like I was planning on this to be a once and done thing. 

The site is decently accurate. Obviously things can happen throughout the day and some things that aren’t listed as closed can still be closed (happened to us last time with the frisbee which is a shame because it’s actually great) but if you were in town and the park alert thing didn’t list any coasters I’d say it would be worth taking the gamble.

14 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

The other good thing with how the park is set-up is that you can see all the coasters from the edge of the balcony.

The day I went, Shellraiser had so few customers that it didn't run for the first 20 minutes I was there. Legitimately thought it was closed. When I went up to the station the ride ops were just sitting there waiting for riders.

So if you don't see something running from the balcony, don't let it scare you off lol.

On 2/18/2021 at 11:31 AM, GreatAdventurer said:

5,745 square feet

Wow thats incredibly disappointing. For reference, the 5th Ave one is 27k and the Santa Monica one is 45k.

I was hoping thered be a massive one here so I could visit the mall. Havent bought clothes in over a year at this point. Obviously Id swing by the theme park LOL

10 hours ago, jamesinclair said:

Wow thats incredibly disappointing. For reference, the 5th Ave one is 27k and the Santa Monica one is 45k.

I was hoping thered be a massive one here so I could visit the mall. Havent bought clothes in over a year at this point. Obviously Id swing by the theme park LOL

I understand the disappointment my man, its a good store tho in terms of offerings.  American dream is obviously much more focused with their entertainment offerings qt the moment.  They have opened several retail/food offerings in the past few days though; Popeyes opens tomorrow supposedly 😄.  Don't expect any flagship retail besides Primark in the next months though..  In terms of versatile entertainment I don't think you could find a better spot on our continent than American Dream if you can afford the pricey admission of the individual attractions I don't think you will ever find yourself bored.  Bannana Republic here is no flagship but it is nonetheless impressive for a normal Banana Republic store.  The observation wheel has made significant progress.  I don't think anyone (besides some area members that have a good scope on the construction) could imagine.  This wheel will open in a few months if this pace of construction is maintained 

The more I talk about it with my dad, the more it looks like I'm going to have to be a ride op at THIS park instead of GAdv because it's closer. I don't like Nick (except for SpongeBob and sometimes Rocko) and never will all the rides run on the same day. Plus it's unthemed. However, I already have ideas on what I will do as a ride op (it won't involve factoids this time!) and maybe I'll get over my fear of steep drops if I ride Shellraiser with my fellow ops.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah it was already an uphill battle for this place, (lots of us got **** for saying we'd be shocked if it lasts and somehow we wanted it to fail...which is stupid bc I love the idea of a park with a not shabby lineup that can run all year long 30 minutes from home, but ya know it was just being realistic) and covid was deff the worst thing that could've happened. Is a shame bc it's got some solid creds and the really fun looking Sandy's and the slightly steeper Takabisha. 

Im still torn if its worth $59 for this place esp since I hear all their rides running the same day is like winning the lottery, but I'll cave and hope for the best I'm sure.

^And that's part of the problem.  When nearby coaster enthusiasts don't even want to go and shell out the money, a lot of GP doesn't want to either.  It's overpriced and not operationally pleasant at this time.  I hope they get it better and soon!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, SharkTums said:

^And that's part of the problem.  When nearby coaster enthusiasts don't even want to go and shell out the money, a lot of GP doesn't want to either.  It's overpriced and not operationally pleasant at this time.  I hope they get it better and soon!

Indeed, and I do feel bad. We gotta support parks esp this year, but also dang that's steep for a not terribly great return and low chance (I reckon it's worse on a non peak, cheaper, day) all will even be open. If they can indeed get all rides open consistently...honestly I'll suck it up and go once. 

I'd be happy to give this place my money if the ticket prices were more reasonable. The lowest price they offer is $60 for a full day. While quite expensive for a park of its size, I may have considered, except that it's only on weekdays excluding Fridays, essentially meaning I'd need to miss class to attend. Most days it's $75 for only 4 hours or so, which is flat out not worth it at all.

I wish they brought back that twilight ticket they were selling last year :(