TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

The only other edge I'd give New Jersey over Minnesota along with the coasters is that it has faster dispatches on the rides.

But Minnesota's has a far better atmosphere.  It feels like an outdoor park.  And the central location gives it a ton of kinetic energy.  New Jersey's feels like a warehouse with the minimal skylight and few windows.  Plus it feels dead being placed in the corner of the mall.  Minnesota also has far better admission options and better non-coasters, most notably the Log Chute, which I would take over any ride at the New Jersey park.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

At least the water park (which also currently has the no re-entry rule) is planning a smart perk post covid.  One of the employees mentioned they're planning a food delivery option where guests can order food from somewhere else in the mall and have it delivered to the water park, saving them the hassle of having to change out of their bathing suit, leave the park, and get dressed again to swim.

That'd be a wonderful service if the mall had any other tenants. Looking at the dining options available it looks to be mostly variations on sugar.

• 3 weeks later...

A new article about the American Dream mall from the NYT. An interesting contrast between the optimism of the developers and the reality of the situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/26/business/american-dream-mall.html

The optimism...

“If there was no pandemic, I would be afraid we’d be getting too much traffic in American Dream,” Mr. Ghermezian said.

...and the reality.

Investors are also watching a $27 million debt payment that is due next month.

When asked whether the debt payment would be made, Mr. Ghermezian said, “We are working with our lenders on a regular basis to put a plan in place that allows the center to continue to flourish.” American Dream is also working out other payments, including those to East Rutherford, he said.

“Yes, there’s some money that is owed,” he said. “But again, not unlike any other developer in the country that has had their projects shut down across the board, we need to work as true partners with the municipalities, with lenders, with tenants, to make sure everyone is taking a fair position and fair share in how to manage this pandemic.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2020 at 12:05 PM, The Great Zo said:

A new article about the American Dream mall from the NYT. An interesting contrast between the optimism of the developers and the reality of the situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/26/business/american-dream-mall.html

The optimism...

...and the reality.

Naked Gun Panic GIF

• 2 weeks later...

If you’re in New Jersey and you want to ride a crazy Intamin, El Toro and Kingda Ka exist and you can buy a season pass that gets you in to that park and every Six Flags park in the world for a year for less than you’d pay to go to this completely mediocre park for four hours.

^Hahaha, trust me, I'm aware. We already have Six Flags memberships and already plan on visiting SFGAdv if these plans work out. Nick Universe would just be an add-on, not a replacement.

If it weren't for Sandy or Shellraiser, I wouldn't even consider. But both of those rides look like coasters I would really enjoy. But who even knows. Maybe 2021 will be even more of a sh*tshow than 2020 and we can't travel anywhere.

Hasn't Sandy's been fairly reliable (in the sense it doesn't go down for a whole day) since it opened?  It seems like it's the other 4 that are more likely to have issues shutting them down for a day.

Do they still have the clause that if you pre-bought tickets you'll need to pay the price difference? 

9 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Do they still have the clause that if you pre-bought tickets you'll need to pay the price difference? 

Yes, yes they do.

38 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

Isn't the 4 hour time slots only on weekends?

Nope, it's four-hour blocks any day of the week.  But don't worry, if you're on a budget, weekday 11 AM - 3PM slots are only $69.

This place never ceases to amaze me.  Perfectly fitting sad, tragic joke for Northeastern NJ, though.

Is the website accurate to which rides are running?  I was in the mall a few weeks ago.  A Saturday and the Intamin was down.  It was listed  as such for a few weeks but seems to have disappeared the last couple...  I want to go at a time they’re all running.  The park looked impressive from behind the rope.  The waterpark looks even more impressive.

To pull that hefty trigger once for all the rides: coordinating a slow/cheaper slot has been kind of complicated to figure out.

3 hours ago, GreatAdventurer said:

For food I would recommend the cajun chicken place in the food court or Wendy's in the same area, if anyone has some more general american dream questions just let me know, I work at big snow now and am glad to help anyone 😀 

How is working Big Snow? Know a couple former coworkers that now work Big Snow

1 hour ago, BigJoe123 said:

How is working Big Snow? Know a couple former coworkers that now work Big Snow

I'm still finishing training, yesterday was alot cause they had a loading platform to build but overall I'm glad to be operating lifts and I like the cold, definitely excited to be getting in shape at work and also becoming a better skier in my time off this winter