TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

I went to the park last Friday and everything was a walk on. Picked up the Shredder and Sandy credits since they were both closed on my visit last December. Shredder was awesome and I would highly recommend sitting two on one side facing forward and no one on the other side for the best spins. The car would not stop spinning and seemed to spin faster when it hit the brake run. The layout is really cool and as far as I know the first two sections are unique to this spinner. Some of the other sections are similar to some of the clones. Some of the brakes hit a bit too hard but it is still a blast. Sandy was awesome and is a solid ride. I wasn't blown away but it had some great hangtime and the roll at the end felt slightly disorienting. Back row was whippier but I think the front is the best. The front of the train was making a weird noise too but the ride is relatively smooth. It was noticeably louder at the valley of the part above the station too. I did see two breakdowns including once while we were on it, so ride it early incase it has issues. One was a backwards rollback that I saw before I got on. Ops were not allowing any phones on either, but the free lockers are so easy to use.

Also got to do the drop tower which was closed last time. This is easily on of the best rides there. The launch is awesome and the spinning view at the top is super cool. Only disappointment is the drop which is very forceless. Swings were good too but the seats were uncomfortable. Shell Raiser seemed smoother than last time but maybe it is just the train we got. I remember the second half being rough including a pothole at the bottom of the drop, but didn't notice much this time. The back row is 100% the place to sit though, much smoother than the front. The front has a weird shakiness that the back doesn't have. 

This place is great though and I would highly recommend it. I likely will not be back until ticket prices come down and the pandemic goes away. There were very few people there though and feel like the higher ticket prices limits the crowds a bit. I would like to check out the water park too at some point which looks insanely cool, but that price needs to come down big time. 

• Like 5

I ended up visiting the Dreamworks Water Park for the second time this past Thursday. Wait, what, second time?! Believe it or not, I was one of the few people that managed to sneak a visit in during their brief soft opening preview weekend back in March. The whole family and I really loved it, although a few of their slides were non-operational at the time, and we were eagerly looking forward to returning when it was able to reopen.

Please note that all of the photos in this trip report were taken during our first visit, back before social distancing measures were implemented. 

Entrance.thumb.jpg.e43664ff617c9dd15758f08fa7df1e36.jpg

Their new process for operation during the COVID-19 pandemic is similar to what you've seen at other places. They are severely limiting capacity; they are letting a total of 750 people into the park at any given time, which is actually more restrictive than the state's currently allowed 25% of max capacity (and the water park's capacity is in the over 5,000 range). You need to purchase your tickets online in advance. When you arrive at the mall, they will not let you down the entrance ramp unless you show an attendant your barcode in advance. Once you do that, you proceed downstairs where they have a contactless temperature check station set up, with the cutoff at 100.4. Then you go over to the desks where they would typically be selling tickets, they scan your barcodes, and issue you your wristbands with an RFID tag. These tags are used both to get you into the park, and also for use with any lockers you may choose to rent throughout the day.

02b-ChangingRooms.thumb.jpg.2bdef4d5390b713724d21c7dd13ea28f.jpg

02a-Lockers.thumb.jpg.d11d411a75991f9093e1b43c8271d165.jpg

There's a big family locker room, with lots of individual changing booths, but with separate entrances and exits for men and women that lead into the showers and bathrooms. The lockers in here are large (holding two full bags and four pairs of shoes) and rentable for $20 per day. It's a very modern, sleek changing room, kept impeccably clean. For the time being, they are asking that everyone wear their masks in the common areas such as this where you might be in closer contact with others. Obviously, once you're in the park and splashing around, they do not require you to wear masks, with one exception that I'll get to later in the report.

03-Shrek.thumb.jpg.8154923dab52bd1dd0b9979f02beee56.jpg

Once you get changed and exit the locker room, you're greeted by a big statue of Shrek floating on an inner tube, with a water fountain gushing underneath him. This section is where you'll find the exits for their 1-2 person tube slides, their body slides that end in deep pools, and their surfing simulator.

04a-SurfingSimulator.thumb.jpg.480c2b88663219fd86587817e2e2e1d3.jpg

The surfing simulator is currently free for guests but they have stated that they will be making it an upcharge in the future. This is slightly different than the Flowrider models that you can find at most other indoor water parks. It's not nearly as high, with the wave being only about a foot or two high, and they require that you wear a helmet while riding it. For that reason, we all passed on it.

05a-StairA-Sign.thumb.jpg.d5124761607cccaedccffd2c81faed85.jpg

05b-StairA-Slides.thumb.jpg.cd0e752e04d9e362e9e1bf847077000a.jpg

Entrances to the different slides are broken up into different collections of stairwells. Directly to the left of the surfing simulator is "Stair A", which leads to two short body slides that drop into a 10' pool, similar to the Shotgun Falls slides at Morey's Piers' Raging Waters. Unlike Shotgun Falls, these have a 48" height requirement and you're not allowed to wear any life vests, so our youngest kid couldn't go on these. Climbing up to the second platform on Stair A takes you to their bowl body slide, Mad Flush, which spins you around before dunking you into a 6.5' deep pool. All three of these were pretty fun!

05c-StairA-SlideDropoff.thumb.jpg.dbe2e5bfc53f0c6b21f9966b1ad78b61.jpg

Especially when you're flying five feet in the air before splashing down. :lol:

06b-StairC-Sign.thumb.jpg.8ff16061317c970dfb0bd83411ebaa84.jpg

06a-StairC-Slides.thumb.jpg.2e072751796d1fb51c64b91b872bb90e.jpg

Immediately to the right of Mad Flush are the exits for their 1-2 person tube slides. These tube slides were located at Stair C. The only place to get the tubes for these was... right here, by the exit. You'd then have to circle around back past A, walk past B, hang a left at the wave pool, then climb up the steps to get to the entrances for these three slides. It was a bit of a hike but honestly there probably wasn't a better way to do it. All three of these slides allowed riders 42"-48" to ride with an adult, or 48" and above to ride solo, but the double tubes were the only tubes available. The yellow and green slides were your standard enclosed tube slides, with a decent amount of speed and twisty turns. The red one finished in a spiral bowl, and my wife was NOT expecting this. After a few choice words for me she ended up laughing about it, though. :)

07a-StairB-Sign.thumb.jpg.b44fa6129afa74599d622d9051d81b08.jpg

07b-StairB-Slides.thumb.jpg.ca82f197cc6abf114b19aae57f097968.jpg

Now back to Stair B. When we first visited back in March, these were not open yet, but on our visit last week, they had opened to visitors. All four of the slides located at this stairwell are extreme capsule drop slides, for riders 48" and taller, spread out across two levels. The first level contains Carnivortex and Surfari Slider. The green-yellow Carnivortex is probably the most standard of these, with a short drop into a 360 degree tube. The purple Surfari Slider was more interesting, as you had one initial drop out of the capsule, you leveled out most of the way, and then there was a second drop down to the bottom. I wasn't expecting it and it caught me off guard when that second drop hit. And then the orange and pink slides on the second level, Thrillagascar and Jungle Jammer, were identical open-air drop slides at a whopping height of 142 feet, currently the world's tallest. You drop through the capsule, slide through an empty airplane cockpit hanging from the ceiling, and zoom all the way down into an extra long runout. I did both of these and while fun, they also weren't the most comfortable. I'll probably skip them if I return in the future, but I'd definitely do Surfari Slider again!

08a-StairD-Sign.thumb.jpg.6b83a3a85deb41443e5ea5fe9d6874ff.jpg

08b-StairD-Slide1.thumb.jpg.b1787178c322d2653b9f091dbaea31c6.jpg

08b-StairD-Slide2.thumb.jpg.367593832ce84190784302602175fc17.jpg

Stair D holds two lengthy body slides, the Zany Zigzag and Zanier Zigzag. Both of these end in a 3.5' deep pool at the end and are for riders 48" and taller. While they were fun enough due to the length and twists, there were a couple of spots where the speed slowed down to a near crawl.

You can also see one of the hot tubs in this picture. There's a few over in this area, and a couple over near the entrance to the lazy river on the other side of the wave pool. During our March visit, these were open, but currently they all are closed off due to physical distancing. 

09a-StairE-Sign.thumb.jpg.0ad6ea7e6bacbfb2ed20e0c816b20cd7.jpg

09b-StairE-Slides.thumb.jpg.f982449f54b40aa3a2f4ee1057269385.jpg

Stair E is home to their mat racing slides, Dragon Racers. Well, at least, the entrance to it, anyway. Similar to what they do with their tube slides, you need to get a mat from another location. The mats are located at the bottom of Dragon Racers. However, to get there, you need to climb Stair F. In other words, you need to go up Stair F, grab a mat, go back down Stair F, walk along the edge of the drop slide run off, get back to Stair E, and climb up another three flights of steps. It's a weird layout decision that really isn't that friendly to guests, and as such, I never saw that many people taking advantage of it. Which is a shame, because it's pretty fun for a mat racer. This is one that has a timer so you can brag about coming in first place with your family and friends.

10a-StairF-Sign.thumb.jpg.7b9b1007e0a80b41eff39df65003fbbe.jpg

10b-StairF-Slides.thumb.jpg.7e224d8a778556cabf8ad4257823dd5c.jpg

Speaking of Stair F, that's the home to their water coaster, Toothless' Trickling Torpedo. Pretty silly name, but it's honestly one of the best water coasters I've yet had the pleasure to ride. I believe they're advertising it as either the longest water coaster in America or possibly the longest indoor water coaster -- not sure, but either way, it's great. Even with the length, once you get up the lift hill, the speed carries you through the layout very rapidly. It's super smooth, the hydromagnetic uphill portions make it an absolute blast to ride without worrying about getting absolutely drenched by the water cannons. There's also a couple of really good airtime hills towards the end that might catch you off guard so make sure you're holding on tight! It's complemented by some statues of the How To Train Your Dragon characters throughout the ride. While there was a wait for it during the middle of the day, during the last hour of operation, it was a walk on and they let us stay in the raft for re-rides once we got back to the loading platform. I would have gone as many times as they let us, to be honest! It's that fun.

11-WavePool.thumb.jpg.1ae7b5bfc0a0acd2ab8fd9db3127e5e3.jpg

11b-WavePool.thumb.jpg.b4ffaa8ac219df30c941d40a2a5d36d7.jpg

Let's talk for a minute about the centerpiece of this water park, their absolutely MASSIVE wave pool. This thing is jaw-droppingly huge. This is a wave pool made for social distancing. This takes up a good chunk of the real estate in here, and it dominates your view no matter where you are in the park. Currently, they have most of it roped off along the edge to keep people from just running in from wherever. There's a single roped one-way lane for those looking to enter the pool, and although they weren't limiting capacity while we were there, it seems as if that's the point of doing so. Most of the pool is either at wading depth or for young children, but it does go down to a depth of 8' at the furthest point. During the day, the waves are pretty large but manageable. On our initial visit back in March, after they closed it down to the general public, they brought in some pro surfers and cranked the waves up to the maximum. It was fun watching them drop in from the edges and ride those waves like only they can!

12-LazyRiver.thumb.jpg.5c3e1918e42a67ead33c3e4743385f11.jpg

On the opposite side of the wave pool, far from the entrance, they have their lazy river, two separate kids' areas, and their three large 4-person raft slides. The lazy river is not that lazy; at spots it was almost as fast as, say, Hubba Hubba Highway at Water Country USA or Roa's Rapids at Aquatica Orlando. There are some smaller blue tubes that have a flat seat for younger children, and there isn't much of a difference in size between the larger blue and pink tubes. Unfortunately as far as tubes go they are still on the small size, and I flopped right off trying to get on one. I ended up just hanging on and floating around the river, but it would be more enjoyable if they were a little bit larger and easier to kick back and relax on. There's quite a few water features throughout where you will get sprayed, drenched, or otherwise soaked, but overall it's still pretty relaxing.

13a-Penguins.thumb.jpg.4abe033432d7e1aa7877747d87ee85a8.jpg

13b-PenguinsCopter.thumb.jpg.7cee37e44eb65cb87ab3e4e78283ba74.jpg

The first of their two kids areas is themed after the Penguins of Madagascar. This area has six separate kiddie slides of varying sizes, and they're only for children underneath 48". This was my youngest kid's favorite spot to get repeat slides throughout the length of the day, as they were made for kids just her size. The theming, with the fake iceberg and a penguin in an ice block being carried off by helicopter, was absolutely charming.

14-KungFuPanda.thumb.jpg.8ef73a657abdabe7a5f42d67601954aa.jpg

The other kids area was the Kung Fu Panda Temple of Awesomeness, and for the kids, it definitely lived up to that title. It's another one of those large play structures with a ton of platforms, spouts, buckets, water guns, bouncy bridges, and the like, all capped off with three smaller slides for kids only and three larger body slides for kids and their parents alike. Those larger slides were definitely on the mild side; my wife mentioned that she ended up getting stuck at one point and had to push herself along. But the kids loved them, and in the end, that's the target audience there. This is all in a 6" deep wading pool so even the smallest kids can splash around if their hearts so desire.

14b-SplashBucket.thumb.jpg.37cbeb5bccc0eba50034f59ea07fe752.jpg

Just beware of the splash bucket! :lol:

15a-StairGH-Sign.thumb.jpg.e56eefe49db90ee324d36b6338c7dfd4.jpg

15b-ShreksSinkholeSlammer.thumb.jpg.ca90deec7688a7ef0911978fc43dad8a.jpg

All the way back in the furthest corner, over a bridge across the lazy river, are the entrances to the two final stairwells, containing three 4-person raft slides. All three of these have a 48" height requirement. First up is Shrek's Sinkhole Slammer, which is their stunning and massive Tornado funnel. It gives a great sense of weightlessness as you drop in and make that seemingly never-ending ascent up the other side. Tornados are usually a big favorite of the kiddo's and mine, and this one definitely doesn't disappoint.

385958547_16a-SwampSplash1.thumb.jpg.8231a9d5cf9723315abaf01852b1c0f7.jpg

208853891_16b-SwampSplash2.thumb.jpg.eb7784019c5efb51507369bac4281f16.jpg

Up this same stairwell was the Swamp & Splash, which had multiple smaller funnels to float in, with some sharp dips out of those funnels giving you a good amount of speed in the enclosed parts. The first funnel gave the biggest air out of all of them!

1898179240_17a-DragonDronkey.thumb.jpg.19e5c4357c7bbc1ca562a73f82dbe5f0.jpg

2047909371_17b-DragonDronkey.thumb.jpg.19befb936121b17f1cf3dc7170d562db.jpg

The final raft slide in this area was Dragon & Dronkey's Flight. To reach this one, you had to go up the alternate set of stairs, and this was the only one on that set. However, the attendants were letting you choose it if you took the wrong set of stairs by accident. This one was the most mild of the three, with no major airtime features. There was a pseudo-bowl area with a Shrek statue watching over you, but even this didn't really give any significant forces. It all ends in when you splash down through the dragon's mouth. To be honest, this seems like it would have been a good candidate for an all-ages and all-heights family raft. The only reason I think it has the 48" height requirement is because they're using the same cloverleaf style of 4-person rafts here as they do on the other two slides, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this change at some point in the future.

18-Conclusion.thumb.jpg.8a8daa5e14113d16982f72f09cb8d439.jpg

A few other items to note:

• On this visit, the amount of tables and chairs throughout the complex had been significantly reduced and heavily spaced out to provide for better social distancing. If you didn't feel comfortable leaving your stuff on a lounger, you could also rent a smaller locker in the park itself at $12 for the day. These were large enough for a couple of towels, water shoes, and a single small bag.
  • The food options were mostly pre-packaged cold items, such as sandwiches, wraps, and salads. The only hot items were hot dogs and soft pretzels. For the four of us, we spent about $55 on lunch for the day. The service counter was also the only spot inside the park itself where wearing a mask was mandatory; still, the employees were separated by a thick plexiglass barrier.
  • During our initial visit, there were several costumed characters walking around willing to pose for photo ops with the kids. Princess Poppy from Trolls got lots of hugs, and the kiddo got into a flossing dance-off with King Julien from Madagascar. This past time around, there were no up close meet-and-greets like that, but King Julien continued to make appearances near the wave pool, dancing on top of the (currently closed) swim-up bar and DJ booth.
  • Most of the major slide stairwells were separated in two; one side had a "Turbo Pass" sign on it. They weren't selling these either time we visited. I assume that once the pandemic restrictions are lifted and they're able to fill this place to capacity, the lines will get much longer and it might be a case where if you want to do as much as you can in a day, you'll have to buy a skip-the-line pass. For that reason, I'm definitely recommending checking it out now while the capacity is limited.
  • There's been a lot of complaints about the pricing structure here. There's no question about it; it's not cheap. They're currently charging $89 for adults, and $79 for kids. Is it worth the price, though? In my opinion, right now, I would say yes. There's a huge amount of stuff to do, the big attractions that they have are especially rerideable, and there's plenty of space to keep your distance from others. With the current limitation of no more than 750 people in the park, now is pretty much a perfect time to visit if you want to just slide and enjoy yourself. I don't think it's going to be a case where the price will eventually go down, simply due to its proximity to the NYC area. There might be some Groupon discounts eventually but I think the retail price will only go up from here on out.

One last thing to note; while this is located in a mall, the mall itself is located in Bergen County, which has a blue law that states there is to be no retail shopping on Sundays. I don't get it either. This wasn't a problem on Thursday, obviously, but on our first visit back in March, we did end up going on Sunday... and ran into a problem when we realized we forgot our daughter's swimsuit. At the time, no retail stores in the mall were open, but even if they were, we wouldn't have been able to purchase anything for her. What we ended up doing was leaving temporarily, and driving about ten minutes away to a nearby Walmart that was in a different county just to get her something she could wear. Embarrassing for sure. Hopefully at some point this law will change... or hopefully other visitors won't be nearly as scatterbrained as we were.

Overall, this has quickly become our favorite indoor water park, one that we look forward to visiting many times again in the future. If they end up offering a season pass at some point, I think we'll definitely pick up passes. If you're a fan of water slides, I highly encourage you to bite the bullet and check this one out, and advise you to do so sooner rather than later!

02a-Lockers.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Stoked to see this park, and the new ride, are open! After putting it off I'm finally going this week, probably on Friday. I was hoping the weekday and price would deter people and hopefully negate any slowdown do to the pandemic. Stoked, especially for SBB! 
Is it still pay for parking?

As someone who is going alone.... has that been an issue in the past??

25 minutes ago, BigJoe123 said:

I'm thinking about going to DreamWorks. I'm assuming you still have to pay for a Locker, also how is the food situation? Same as Nickelodeon?

Yeah, I mentioned both of these in the big post up above, but I don't blame you if it was a little too wordy. The TL;DR --

• You don't HAVE to pay for a locker if you don't want to. It's entirely optional. You can do what 95% of the other folks do and just stake a claim to a chair or two and leave all your towels/bags/etc on top of it. If you want to, lockers in the changing room run you $20 and are pretty large, and there's smaller ones throughout the park that don't hold as much and are only $12.
  • There is one place in there that's currently open for food. They offer small, cold pre-packed items such as wraps, sandwiches, and salads, all running about $10-11 apiece. They also have hot dogs and soft pretzels for their only warm items. It's not bad food but if you're looking for a wider variety you won't find it. There are some other eateries currently open elsewhere in the mall (for example, I walked past a Dunkin and a Cinnabon on my way to the water park), but you aren't allowed to leave the park and re-enter.

22 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Ah I see parking is free for October to welcome the reopening. Great! Yes, this seems like the best possible time to go!

Yes, I forgot to mention that! I'm not sure if it's going to be "for the month of October" or last a little longer than that, but as of right now, the booths are unmanned and there's a sign over the ticket payment machines saying "Parking Is Complimentary". Even if it wasn't, though, I believe that the two major parks will be validating the parking tickets with purchase of admission.

• Like 1

Good to know, the extra parking fee is what stopped me least time. Well ticket bought, I'll be there this Friday! 

Knowing nothing about this place I was a tad concerned at the comment earlier about security not harassing people for taking photos or being alone. I get they weren't, so good...but was this a problem in the past? I will be there solo, and given its quite a sight I would like to take photos. 

8 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Good to know, the extra parking fee is what stopped me least time. Well ticket bought, I'll be there this Friday! 

Knowing nothing about this place I was a tad concerned at the comment earlier about security not harassing people for taking photos or being alone. I get they weren't, so good...but was this a problem in the past? I will be there solo, and given its quite a sight I would like to take photos. 

This was no longer a problem for me on my visit a week ago.

5 hours ago, coneyislandchris said:

I ended up visiting the Dreamworks Water Park for the second time this past Thursday. Wait, what, second time?! Believe it or not, I was one of the few people that managed to sneak a visit in during their brief soft opening preview weekend back in March. The whole family and I really loved it, although a few of their slides were non-operational at the time, and we were eagerly looking forward to returning when it was able to reopen.

Please note that all of the photos in this trip report were taken during our first visit, back before social distancing measures were implemented. 

Entrance.thumb.jpg.e43664ff617c9dd15758f08fa7df1e36.jpg

Their new process for operation during the COVID-19 pandemic is similar to what you've seen at other places. They are severely limiting capacity; they are letting a total of 750 people into the park at any given time, which is actually more restrictive than the state's currently allowed 25% of max capacity (and the water park's capacity is in the over 5,000 range). You need to purchase your tickets online in advance. When you arrive at the mall, they will not let you down the entrance ramp unless you show an attendant your barcode in advance. Once you do that, you proceed downstairs where they have a contactless temperature check station set up, with the cutoff at 100.4. Then you go over to the desks where they would typically be selling tickets, they scan your barcodes, and issue you your wristbands with an RFID tag. These tags are used both to get you into the park, and also for use with any lockers you may choose to rent throughout the day.

02b-ChangingRooms.thumb.jpg.2bdef4d5390b713724d21c7dd13ea28f.jpg

02a-Lockers.thumb.jpg.d11d411a75991f9093e1b43c8271d165.jpg

There's a big family locker room, with lots of individual changing booths, but with separate entrances and exits for men and women that lead into the showers and bathrooms. The lockers in here are large (holding two full bags and four pairs of shoes) and rentable for $20 per day. It's a very modern, sleek changing room, kept impeccably clean. For the time being, they are asking that everyone wear their masks in the common areas such as this where you might be in closer contact with others. Obviously, once you're in the park and splashing around, they do not require you to wear masks, with one exception that I'll get to later in the report.

03-Shrek.thumb.jpg.8154923dab52bd1dd0b9979f02beee56.jpg

Once you get changed and exit the locker room, you're greeted by a big statue of Shrek floating on an inner tube, with a water fountain gushing underneath him. This section is where you'll find the exits for their 1-2 person tube slides, their body slides that end in deep pools, and their surfing simulator.

04a-SurfingSimulator.thumb.jpg.480c2b88663219fd86587817e2e2e1d3.jpg

The surfing simulator is currently free for guests but they have stated that they will be making it an upcharge in the future. This is slightly different than the Flowrider models that you can find at most other indoor water parks. It's not nearly as high, with the wave being only about a foot or two high, and they require that you wear a helmet while riding it. For that reason, we all passed on it.

05a-StairA-Sign.thumb.jpg.d5124761607cccaedccffd2c81faed85.jpg

05b-StairA-Slides.thumb.jpg.cd0e752e04d9e362e9e1bf847077000a.jpg

Entrances to the different slides are broken up into different collections of stairwells. Directly to the left of the surfing simulator is "Stair A", which leads to two short body slides that drop into a 10' pool, similar to the Shotgun Falls slides at Morey's Piers' Raging Waters. Unlike Shotgun Falls, these have a 48" height requirement and you're not allowed to wear any life vests, so our youngest kid couldn't go on these. Climbing up to the second platform on Stair A takes you to their bowl body slide, Mad Flush, which spins you around before dunking you into a 6.5' deep pool. All three of these were pretty fun!

05c-StairA-SlideDropoff.thumb.jpg.dbe2e5bfc53f0c6b21f9966b1ad78b61.jpg

Especially when you're flying five feet in the air before splashing down. :lol:

06b-StairC-Sign.thumb.jpg.8ff16061317c970dfb0bd83411ebaa84.jpg

06a-StairC-Slides.thumb.jpg.2e072751796d1fb51c64b91b872bb90e.jpg

Immediately to the right of Mad Flush are the exits for their 1-2 person tube slides. These tube slides were located at Stair C. The only place to get the tubes for these was... right here, by the exit. You'd then have to circle around back past A, walk past B, hang a left at the wave pool, then climb up the steps to get to the entrances for these three slides. It was a bit of a hike but honestly there probably wasn't a better way to do it. All three of these slides allowed riders 42"-48" to ride with an adult, or 48" and above to ride solo, but the double tubes were the only tubes available. The yellow and green slides were your standard enclosed tube slides, with a decent amount of speed and twisty turns. The red one finished in a spiral bowl, and my wife was NOT expecting this. After a few choice words for me she ended up laughing about it, though. :)

07a-StairB-Sign.thumb.jpg.b44fa6129afa74599d622d9051d81b08.jpg

07b-StairB-Slides.thumb.jpg.ca82f197cc6abf114b19aae57f097968.jpg

Now back to Stair B. When we first visited back in March, these were not open yet, but on our visit last week, they had opened to visitors. All four of the slides located at this stairwell are extreme capsule drop slides, for riders 48" and taller, spread out across two levels. The first level contains Carnivortex and Surfari Slider. The green-yellow Carnivortex is probably the most standard of these, with a short drop into a 360 degree tube. The purple Surfari Slider was more interesting, as you had one initial drop out of the capsule, you leveled out most of the way, and then there was a second drop down to the bottom. I wasn't expecting it and it caught me off guard when that second drop hit. And then the orange and pink slides on the second level, Thrillagascar and Jungle Jammer, were identical open-air drop slides at a whopping height of 142 feet, currently the world's tallest. You drop through the capsule, slide through an empty airplane cockpit hanging from the ceiling, and zoom all the way down into an extra long runout. I did both of these and while fun, they also weren't the most comfortable. I'll probably skip them if I return in the future, but I'd definitely do Surfari Slider again!

08a-StairD-Sign.thumb.jpg.6b83a3a85deb41443e5ea5fe9d6874ff.jpg

08b-StairD-Slide1.thumb.jpg.b1787178c322d2653b9f091dbaea31c6.jpg

08b-StairD-Slide2.thumb.jpg.367593832ce84190784302602175fc17.jpg

Stair D holds two lengthy body slides, the Zany Zigzag and Zanier Zigzag. Both of these end in a 3.5' deep pool at the end and are for riders 48" and taller. While they were fun enough due to the length and twists, there were a couple of spots where the speed slowed down to a near crawl.

You can also see one of the hot tubs in this picture. There's a few over in this area, and a couple over near the entrance to the lazy river on the other side of the wave pool. During our March visit, these were open, but currently they all are closed off due to physical distancing. 

09a-StairE-Sign.thumb.jpg.0ad6ea7e6bacbfb2ed20e0c816b20cd7.jpg

09b-StairE-Slides.thumb.jpg.f982449f54b40aa3a2f4ee1057269385.jpg

Stair E is home to their mat racing slides, Dragon Racers. Well, at least, the entrance to it, anyway. Similar to what they do with their tube slides, you need to get a mat from another location. The mats are located at the bottom of Dragon Racers. However, to get there, you need to climb Stair F. In other words, you need to go up Stair F, grab a mat, go back down Stair F, walk along the edge of the drop slide run off, get back to Stair E, and climb up another three flights of steps. It's a weird layout decision that really isn't that friendly to guests, and as such, I never saw that many people taking advantage of it. Which is a shame, because it's pretty fun for a mat racer. This is one that has a timer so you can brag about coming in first place with your family and friends.

10a-StairF-Sign.thumb.jpg.7b9b1007e0a80b41eff39df65003fbbe.jpg

10b-StairF-Slides.thumb.jpg.7e224d8a778556cabf8ad4257823dd5c.jpg

Speaking of Stair F, that's the home to their water coaster, Toothless' Trickling Torpedo. Pretty silly name, but it's honestly one of the best water coasters I've yet had the pleasure to ride. I believe they're advertising it as either the longest water coaster in America or possibly the longest indoor water coaster -- not sure, but either way, it's great. Even with the length, once you get up the lift hill, the speed carries you through the layout very rapidly. It's super smooth, the hydromagnetic uphill portions make it an absolute blast to ride without worrying about getting absolutely drenched by the water cannons. There's also a couple of really good airtime hills towards the end that might catch you off guard so make sure you're holding on tight! It's complemented by some statues of the How To Train Your Dragon characters throughout the ride. While there was a wait for it during the middle of the day, during the last hour of operation, it was a walk on and they let us stay in the raft for re-rides once we got back to the loading platform. I would have gone as many times as they let us, to be honest! It's that fun.

11-WavePool.thumb.jpg.1ae7b5bfc0a0acd2ab8fd9db3127e5e3.jpg

11b-WavePool.thumb.jpg.b4ffaa8ac219df30c941d40a2a5d36d7.jpg

Let's talk for a minute about the centerpiece of this water park, their absolutely MASSIVE wave pool. This thing is jaw-droppingly huge. This is a wave pool made for social distancing. This takes up a good chunk of the real estate in here, and it dominates your view no matter where you are in the park. Currently, they have most of it roped off along the edge to keep people from just running in from wherever. There's a single roped one-way lane for those looking to enter the pool, and although they weren't limiting capacity while we were there, it seems as if that's the point of doing so. Most of the pool is either at wading depth or for young children, but it does go down to a depth of 8' at the furthest point. During the day, the waves are pretty large but manageable. On our initial visit back in March, after they closed it down to the general public, they brought in some pro surfers and cranked the waves up to the maximum. It was fun watching them drop in from the edges and ride those waves like only they can!

12-LazyRiver.thumb.jpg.5c3e1918e42a67ead33c3e4743385f11.jpg

On the opposite side of the wave pool, far from the entrance, they have their lazy river, two separate kids' areas, and their three large 4-person raft slides. The lazy river is not that lazy; at spots it was almost as fast as, say, Hubba Hubba Highway at Water Country USA or Roa's Rapids at Aquatica Orlando. There are some smaller blue tubes that have a flat seat for younger children, and there isn't much of a difference in size between the larger blue and pink tubes. Unfortunately as far as tubes go they are still on the small size, and I flopped right off trying to get on one. I ended up just hanging on and floating around the river, but it would be more enjoyable if they were a little bit larger and easier to kick back and relax on. There's quite a few water features throughout where you will get sprayed, drenched, or otherwise soaked, but overall it's still pretty relaxing.

13a-Penguins.thumb.jpg.4abe033432d7e1aa7877747d87ee85a8.jpg

13b-PenguinsCopter.thumb.jpg.7cee37e44eb65cb87ab3e4e78283ba74.jpg

The first of their two kids areas is themed after the Penguins of Madagascar. This area has six separate kiddie slides of varying sizes, and they're only for children underneath 48". This was my youngest kid's favorite spot to get repeat slides throughout the length of the day, as they were made for kids just her size. The theming, with the fake iceberg and a penguin in an ice block being carried off by helicopter, was absolutely charming.

14-KungFuPanda.thumb.jpg.8ef73a657abdabe7a5f42d67601954aa.jpg

The other kids area was the Kung Fu Panda Temple of Awesomeness, and for the kids, it definitely lived up to that title. It's another one of those large play structures with a ton of platforms, spouts, buckets, water guns, bouncy bridges, and the like, all capped off with three smaller slides for kids only and three larger body slides for kids and their parents alike. Those larger slides were definitely on the mild side; my wife mentioned that she ended up getting stuck at one point and had to push herself along. But the kids loved them, and in the end, that's the target audience there. This is all in a 6" deep wading pool so even the smallest kids can splash around if their hearts so desire.

14b-SplashBucket.thumb.jpg.37cbeb5bccc0eba50034f59ea07fe752.jpg

Just beware of the splash bucket! :lol:

15a-StairGH-Sign.thumb.jpg.e56eefe49db90ee324d36b6338c7dfd4.jpg

15b-ShreksSinkholeSlammer.thumb.jpg.ca90deec7688a7ef0911978fc43dad8a.jpg

All the way back in the furthest corner, over a bridge across the lazy river, are the entrances to the two final stairwells, containing three 4-person raft slides. All three of these have a 48" height requirement. First up is Shrek's Sinkhole Slammer, which is their stunning and massive Tornado funnel. It gives a great sense of weightlessness as you drop in and make that seemingly never-ending ascent up the other side. Tornados are usually a big favorite of the kiddo's and mine, and this one definitely doesn't disappoint.

385958547_16a-SwampSplash1.thumb.jpg.8231a9d5cf9723315abaf01852b1c0f7.jpg

208853891_16b-SwampSplash2.thumb.jpg.eb7784019c5efb51507369bac4281f16.jpg

Up this same stairwell was the Swamp & Splash, which had multiple smaller funnels to float in, with some sharp dips out of those funnels giving you a good amount of speed in the enclosed parts. The first funnel gave the biggest air out of all of them!

1898179240_17a-DragonDronkey.thumb.jpg.19e5c4357c7bbc1ca562a73f82dbe5f0.jpg

2047909371_17b-DragonDronkey.thumb.jpg.19befb936121b17f1cf3dc7170d562db.jpg

The final raft slide in this area was Dragon & Dronkey's Flight. To reach this one, you had to go up the alternate set of stairs, and this was the only one on that set. However, the attendants were letting you choose it if you took the wrong set of stairs by accident. This one was the most mild of the three, with no major airtime features. There was a pseudo-bowl area with a Shrek statue watching over you, but even this didn't really give any significant forces. It all ends in when you splash down through the dragon's mouth. To be honest, this seems like it would have been a good candidate for an all-ages and all-heights family raft. The only reason I think it has the 48" height requirement is because they're using the same cloverleaf style of 4-person rafts here as they do on the other two slides, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this change at some point in the future.

18-Conclusion.thumb.jpg.8a8daa5e14113d16982f72f09cb8d439.jpg

A few other items to note:

• On this visit, the amount of tables and chairs throughout the complex had been significantly reduced and heavily spaced out to provide for better social distancing. If you didn't feel comfortable leaving your stuff on a lounger, you could also rent a smaller locker in the park itself at $12 for the day. These were large enough for a couple of towels, water shoes, and a single small bag.
  • The food options were mostly pre-packaged cold items, such as sandwiches, wraps, and salads. The only hot items were hot dogs and soft pretzels. For the four of us, we spent about $55 on lunch for the day. The service counter was also the only spot inside the park itself where wearing a mask was mandatory; still, the employees were separated by a thick plexiglass barrier.
  • During our initial visit, there were several costumed characters walking around willing to pose for photo ops with the kids. Princess Poppy from Trolls got lots of hugs, and the kiddo got into a flossing dance-off with King Julien from Madagascar. This past time around, there were no up close meet-and-greets like that, but King Julien continued to make appearances near the wave pool, dancing on top of the (currently closed) swim-up bar and DJ booth.
  • Most of the major slide stairwells were separated in two; one side had a "Turbo Pass" sign on it. They weren't selling these either time we visited. I assume that once the pandemic restrictions are lifted and they're able to fill this place to capacity, the lines will get much longer and it might be a case where if you want to do as much as you can in a day, you'll have to buy a skip-the-line pass. For that reason, I'm definitely recommending checking it out now while the capacity is limited.
  • There's been a lot of complaints about the pricing structure here. There's no question about it; it's not cheap. They're currently charging $89 for adults, and $79 for kids. Is it worth the price, though? In my opinion, right now, I would say yes. There's a huge amount of stuff to do, the big attractions that they have are especially rerideable, and there's plenty of space to keep your distance from others. With the current limitation of no more than 750 people in the park, now is pretty much a perfect time to visit if you want to just slide and enjoy yourself. I don't think it's going to be a case where the price will eventually go down, simply due to its proximity to the NYC area. There might be some Groupon discounts eventually but I think the retail price will only go up from here on out.

One last thing to note; while this is located in a mall, the mall itself is located in Bergen County, which has a blue law that states there is to be no retail shopping on Sundays. I don't get it either. This wasn't a problem on Thursday, obviously, but on our first visit back in March, we did end up going on Sunday... and ran into a problem when we realized we forgot our daughter's swimsuit. At the time, no retail stores in the mall were open, but even if they were, we wouldn't have been able to purchase anything for her. What we ended up doing was leaving temporarily, and driving about ten minutes away to a nearby Walmart that was in a different county just to get her something she could wear. Embarrassing for sure. Hopefully at some point this law will change... or hopefully other visitors won't be nearly as scatterbrained as we were.

Overall, this has quickly become our favorite indoor water park, one that we look forward to visiting many times again in the future. If they end up offering a season pass at some point, I think we'll definitely pick up passes. If you're a fan of water slides, I highly encourage you to bite the bullet and check this one out, and advise you to do so sooner rather than later!

02a-Lockers.jpg

Great report!

Did you see any single riders on the water coaster?  I want to visit only if I can ride the water coaster.  Based on the sign saying "Up to 4 Riders" unlike some of the other raft slides that say "2 to 4 Riders" it looks like I can ride as long as I hit the 150 lb minimum.

Just now, Canobie Coaster said:

Did you see any single riders on the water coaster?  I want to visit only if I can ride the water coaster.  Based on the sign saying "Up to 4 Riders" unlike some of the other raft slides that say "2 to 4 Riders" it looks like I can ride as long as I hit the 150 lb minimum.

Unfortunately, I still do not have an answer for you on this, since we all rode together as a family. When/if I go back I'll make sure to double check for you.

thanks for the great trip report @coneyislandchris

although I'm not a "waterpark person". . .  the theming here is incredible, and if the cost were to drop a bit, I'd happily spend a day there just wandering around, maybe riding things once, and just taking in the atmosphere.

Glad to hear things have been better this month than they sounded pre-covid. Hoping to stop in for a couple hours next Friday, only have time for the dry park but looks like a great time to go with the restricted crowd size.

39 minutes ago, Canobie Coaster said:

I heard back from the park.  Single riders are allowed on the water coaster as long as they are 150 lbs.

Awesome to hear! Thanks for reaching out to them and getting the definitive word. Hope you enjoy it when you visit!

21 hours ago, coneyislandchris said:

Awesome to hear! Thanks for reaching out to them and getting the definitive word. Hope you enjoy it when you visit!

The park reached out a second time to clarify about the Toothless water coaster.  Single riders can ride, but they cannot ride alone.  They will send a lifeguard around with single riders.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Canobie Coaster said:

The park reached out a second time to clarify about the Toothless water coaster.  Single riders can ride, but they cannot ride alone.  They will send a lifeguard around with single riders.

that is the funniest damn thing I've read in months.

and seems PERFECTLY on brand for this place. . .

kathy bates lol GIF by Team Coco

2 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Because f*ck social distancing... that’s why 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

This is actually what happens at Dollywood Splash Country if you’re a single rider and want to ride River Rush.