TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

I don't understand how anyone in the NY region could be surprised by the prices. My kids can blow through 70 dollars of ride tickets at Deno's in Coney Island in about an hour or two. Last night I spent $160/ticket for a 75 minute broadway show. If they can keep the customer service high, I don't think that price for a climate controlled and massive waterpark is at all outrageous.

I don't understand how anyone in the NY region could be surprised by the prices. My kids can blow through 70 dollars of ride tickets at Deno's in Coney Island in about an hour or two. Last night I spent $160/ticket for a 75 minute broadway show. If they can keep the customer service high, I don't think that price for a climate controlled and massive waterpark is at all outrageous.

Those prices are exactly why I never find the need to go to Coney Island and would much rather head to Great Adventure. Broadway show wise there are plenty of ways to get discounted tickets to many of the shows currently running, even more so if you're a local and can either rush a show or enter numerous lottos.

I have $20 on the waterpark opening being delayed for some nonsense actual reason but being with the publicly stated reason due to coronavirus

Fixed that for you.

To all those who said this mall would close just a few months after opening, you were right.

Like 5 years ago, somewhere on the internet I posted:

"We will know when the next recession will hit. It will happen right when American Dream sets an opening date"

I wish I could find that post

• 2 months later...

Can we just all agree that it's this mall's fault that the whole world collapsed?!?! I mean, we all said this would never happen, this park would never open, it would open when pigs fly, etc.

We let the park open and this happened. Gosh, imagine what would have happened had the water park actually opened up too!?!??!

Haha I was just thinking the same thing the other day. We all joked that American Dream would open when the world ended, and what do you know...

This place is going to print money and has already shown that it can draw crowds despite ludicrous prices. I have no idea what people are on about. When I first saw their pricing and terrible marketing I was with you but in practice it’s making me eat crow despite all of that.

Edited by coasterbill

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, I’m sure a ton of their tenants couldn’t pay rent. Not at all surprising. They’ll get refinanced given the circumstances so long as their tenants open back up. Otherwise I’d say they are done for.

• 2 months later...

The park is opening on October 1st.

Pricing is now more dynamic in a way because on days where low crowds are expected you get a 7 hour block for $59.99 and on days where high crowds are expected that only gets you a 4 hour block. There is no longer a separate tier for people who want to ride the good rides.

Legends of the Hidden Temple Challenge and Paw Patrol Adventure Bay are listed as closed. Nothing else is listed as closed. Speculate all you want on what that means for Sandy’s Blasting Bronco. Elsewhere on the website it states that it's "opening soon" but it's all a cluster.

This sounds like hell because every single coaster is already really low capacity. Unlike most parks they have stated that the maximum in-park capacity for Nickelodeon Universe will be limited to State imposed maximum capacities so they're packing it as much as they can where most parks are limiting capacity to less than what's allowed, though it's also indoors and probably limited to begin with.

On a related note, Six Flags announced today that Holiday in the Park is a go and the Flash Sale should be coming up soon to put these prices to shame for a much better park where you're outside and probably less likely to get covid and more likely to have a good time.

Edited by coasterbill

Honestly, Avatar Airbender or Sandy's Blasting Bronco may now have the highest capacity for a coaster in that park considering Slime Streak takes forever to load and the other two will have one party per car.

Before the shutdown, I thought the rumor was Sandy's Blasting Bronco was ready to go so we'll see if that opens.

I want to go there for the two coasters I missed, but I'm going to wait for some reports showing how well people are actually social distancing considering this is indoors unlike the other parks I've visited.