TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

Yup. There's video of it blasting forwards and backwards out of the station. It's not multi-launching to get up to speed. It launches from a dead stop with enough speed to get through the circuit.

To the Instagram users wanting to see it, check out onetrainops on Instagram and click on his story.

Edited by coasterbill

Yup. There's video of it blasting forwards and backwards out of the station. It's not multi-launching to get up to speed. It launches from a dead stop with enough speed to get through the circuit.

To the Instagram users wanting to see it, check out onetrainops on Instagram and click on his story.

With how short that launch track is, the acceleration is going to feel nuts.

Lol someone just told me on youtube that it's taking so long bc they only have one set of testing dummies and that's why blasting bronco only started testing after the halfpipe was open, if that's true that's just unbelievable lmao

Water dummies typically come with a ride purchase, so I don’t buy that.

Water dummies typically come with a ride purchase, so I don’t buy that.

Sorry Joey - but in most all cases, water dummies do not come free with a ride purchase. Of course, all ride manufacturers are more than happy to supply them, but they can add an unnecessary cost to to the purchase of the ride. Not to mention that if a park gets water dummies for ALL of their new ride systems, there becomes the eventual issue of storage (or disposal) of all of those water dummies after commissioning.

It is much more economical for a park to get a single set of water dummies and re-use them for multiple attractions where and when needed. The only downside to this is if a significant number of rides are testing and commissioning at the same time - but that is actually pretty rare, even for new parks.

^I hadn't seen that until this morning. All I saw yesterday was an Instagram story.

The ride looks great. Look how whippy some of those transitions are when it's going backwards. I love Intamin. It hasn't even opened yet and I already want them to clone it 10 times.

Look at

. Edited by coasterbill

I saw on twitter someone who says they went yesterday evening he estimated there were 25 customers total.

Also looks like they reduced their hours.

Pre-opening PR:

The theme park is expected to be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 10 a.m. to midnight on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Current:

Monday - Thursday - 11am - 7pm

Friday - 11am - 9pm

Saturday - 10am - 10pm

Sunday - 10am - 8pm

Hours have been modified/cut again:

Monday - Thursday - 12pm - 7pm

Friday - 11am - 9pm

Saturday - 10am - 10pm

Sunday - 11am - 8pm

Nobody is going to go to this place on a weekday when schools are in session if the actual mall doesn't have any stores in it. They were on crack when they came out with their original hours and even now I still feel like they could benefit from putting the crackpipe down.

Someone MIGHT take a day off from work to go skiing but since it's December they're probably not going to f*cking East Rutherford.

Edited by coasterbill

So I'm assuming due to this POV you get two circuits, one forward and one backward, and this isn't a temporary thing during testing? Or is it like Fury where you can get to choose somehow? It will be interesting to see if the train resets to forward each time or they can just load whichever way the turntable is at the end so some rides start backward first.

I'm glad this coaster has a proper hard launch and not the gradual, forward-reverse launch stuff we've seen so much of lately. If this is reliable and rides well I hope Intamin sells a bunch of them.

Agree. I'm not a fan of these "triple launches". I mean, it's fun to be launched backwards but they usually end up being quite forceless. I also prefer a single intense launch.

I honestly completely missed this coaster being built but it looks really great. How are the restraints?

I'm glad this coaster has a proper hard launch and not the gradual, forward-reverse launch stuff we've seen so much of lately. If this is reliable and rides well I hope Intamin sells a bunch of them.

Agree. I'm not a fan of these "triple launches". I mean, it's fun to be launched backwards but they usually end up being quite forceless. I also prefer a single intense launch.

I honestly completely missed this coaster being built but it looks really great. How are the restraints?

I'm surprised that this coaster doesn't have a triple launch, and I completely agree that single launches are way more fun. From a practical standpoint, though, if I'm not mistaken triple launches require significantly less power than normal launches, which is why they're becoming so common. It takes a lot to move a coaster train, and launches aren't free for the parks.

So I'm assuming due to this POV you get two circuits, one forward and one backward, and this isn't a temporary thing during testing? Or is it like Fury where you can get to choose somehow? It will be interesting to see if the train resets to forward each time or they can just load whichever way the turntable is at the end so some rides start backward first.

Yeah, I was wondering if they would eliminate a turn at the end of the ride and just be able to launch the ride forwards regardless of which direction it was facing. It would help with capacity (even though the turntable is pretty fast).

Not flipping the table back around after the ride would also reduce maintenance costs, I really hope they don't wait for it to flip all the way back around each time haha... seems really pointless.

This has me more excited than all the other coasters in the park, especially after hearing that Shellraiser is as rough as Takabisha. Those trains were *not* meant for these size rides and it's clear when you ride them.

I'm surprised that this coaster doesn't have a triple launch, and I completely agree that single launches are way more fun. From a practical standpoint, though, if I'm not mistaken triple launches require significantly less power than normal launches, which is why they're becoming so common. It takes a lot to move a coaster train, and launches aren't free for the parks.

Plus it's a bit of a gimmick. Saying that a coaster has a triple launch sounds a lot more impressive than just a launch.

From photos, it looks like Intamin's newer lap bar like Taron. If it's like that, it's ridiculously comfortable.

Great, that's what I was hoping for