TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

Has it been said if the park will open with the mall?

I believe so. Right after Dorney Park gets their giga dive launched flyer.

I think it will be pretty slick. I've never been on a giant wheel or a ferris wheel. I think it would be pretty cool to go on that London Eye thing, but then again I am scared of elevators and when me and my step bro. went to KD I was freaked out when we up the Eiffel Tower

I think it will be pretty slick. I've never been on a giant wheel or a ferris wheel. I think it would be pretty cool to go on that London Eye thing, but then again I am scared of elevators and when me and my step bro. went to KD I was freaked out when we up the Eiffel Tower

If you're in NJ and have an interest in large-ish ferris wheels, I reccomend the one at Steel Pier in Atlantic City. It's not as big as the one at American Dream, but has the decided benefit of actually being open at some point during your lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...

On the upside, NJTransit should have enough rolling stock and personnel back from PTC testing to maybe run service to the mall.

On the downside, everyone's already pretty sure they'll be pushing it back to Spring 2020.

• 1 month later...

American Dream is looking good!

WWD has released several new photos from inside of the under-construction mega mall along with some newer pieces of concept art!

american-dream-1.thumb.jpg.b509576d5703c28bc3a8121174a21065.jpg

Less than five miles from Manhattan, American Dream is in the New Jersey Meadowlands.

american-dream-10.thumb.jpg.3e4cbbca662b28eb289027ccdcade0a8.jpg

The Koi Court’s fountain converts into a catwalk for fashion shows.

american-dream-2.thumb.jpg.f57b12960e780a93ad0eadc486dd8774.jpg

A rendering of the NHL-sized skating rink.

american-dream-3.thumb.jpg.8ba851867bae84759e77848ff6fe0520.jpg

North America’s first indoor ski park, Big Snow, will be a feature of American Dream.

american-dream-4.thumb.jpg.27e6fff61b7d61ec0df65461fd742a34.jpg

The design of each of the six atriums is different.

american-dream-5.thumb.jpg.d52a14a1ef076991420b54a8fcf15d93.jpg

The DreamWorks Water Park will feature cabanas and a cafe.

american-dream-6.thumb.jpg.bc4f4110da987bb1706dc597e9185c11.jpg

The 300,000-square-foot Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park.

american-dream-7.thumb.jpg.ebdb14633fdd2d44fb462efbdb924516.jpg

Ken Downing and Don Ghermezian

american-dream-8.thumb.jpg.f32127c510652514103550c0259f6d03.jpg

American Dream incorporated natural light into the design.

Despite the construction progress, it has been announced that American Dream's Summer opening has been postponed to Fall 2019.

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/40505531/american-dream-megamall-opening-delayed-again-now-slated-for-fall

Officials have once again pushed back the opening date for a massive retail and entertainment center in the Meadowlands.

The long-delayed American Dream project was slated for a late summer opening. But officials said Monday that it will now open this fall.

American Dream will feature 3 million square feet of retail, dining and entertainment, including more than 450 stores and restaurants. The project includes an amusement park, an indoor ski slope, an indoor ice skating rink, an indoor water park and more.

The project has been plagued by financial problems since the first contract was awarded in 2003.

The immense structure, once called "the ugliest damn building in New Jersey" by former Republican Gov. Chris Christie, has sat unfinished between MetLife Stadium and the New Jersey Turnpike for years.

Edited by jedimaster1227

It really is looking pretty amazing. I know it's a bit of a joke with the constant delays and all, but I'm still hoping it turns out to have been worth the wait. Very much looking forward to checking it out...whenever it actually opens. A big indoor waterpark in reasonable driving distance for me will make winters a whole lot more bearable!

• 1 month later...

American Dream has announced an official opening date of October 25th, 2019!

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/real-estate/new-jerseys-american-dream-megamall-sets-opening-date

MAIN-american-dream-mall-1_i.jpg.77c7b230b9536c756ab9d2ec50591461.jpg

The American Dream mega-mall is finally set to open this fall.

The East Rutherford, N.J. mega-mall, which includes the Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park and DreamWorks Water Park, will open its doors to the public on Friday, October 25, launching 16 acres of a fully enclosed family amusement park as well as one of North America's first indoor snow sports centers.

"We know that the community has been eagerly awaiting the launch of this incredible global destination," said Don Ghermezian, president of American Dream in a statement. "We have a one‐of‐a‐kind property that will reshape the way people think about entertainment, theme parks and shopping."

The project has taken years to build since it was first proposed in 2003, as the developers have faced a number of challenges over the years, from the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers to stalled construction.

The mall, which totals approximately 3 million-square feet, will house hundreds of retail, dining, entertainment experiences, with over 20 full-service restaurants, an observation wheel, a performing arts center, and a Legoland Discovery Center and Sea LifeAquarium, among others.

Big Snow Ski and Snowboard Park, the indoor sports center will feature an NHL-size skating and hockey facility, along with an Angry Birds 18-hole miniature golf experience.

• 4 weeks later...

October opening or not this looks really great.

Tourists in NYC are either too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer and there's no indoor experience like this in the area. I think it'll be very successful.

Glad that even though it took forever the final product looks to be quality.

• 2 months later...

Nickelodeon Universe at the American Dream mall has announced pricing plans for their “Special Preview”. As of now it’s $49.99 for a 4 hour time slot on the weekends.

The verbiage makes me think that this is most likely not their extensive list of pricing plans going forward and “Special Preview” is sometimes code for “Not everything will be open right away” so keep both of those things in mind as possibilities before rushing to either buy tickets and be first to visit or rushing to freak out about how overpriced it is. I do expect standard tourist trap / Jersey Shore / Coney Island pricing here long term but that’s just my own personal guess.

View the pricing options here

LOL $40-50 dollars for 4 hour blocks. Man, I know I keep digging on this project, but they just make it too easy. Closed within a year, if it ever opens.