TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

Are they going to put these two coasters indoors? It's going to have to be a pretty hugea$$ building as Takabisha is a pretty decent sized coaster. If so, then I can see myself traveling the 2 1/2 hours in the winter just to ride this thing!

Jump on the train from Harrisburg and enjoy the weekend in the city! Meadowlands is sure easy from Penn Station!

I could see myself making the drive a few times in January-March when all the other parks are closed in the area if they can enclose it. Takabisha's max height is in the ballpark of Mindbender, which they enclosed in Edmonton so it's definitely possible.

Are they going to put these two coasters indoors? It's going to have to be a pretty hugea$$ building as Takabisha is a pretty decent sized coaster. If so, then I can see myself traveling the 2 1/2 hours in the winter just to ride this thing!

The most recently released plans (from 2013-2014) had the whole amusement park being indoors.

I dug a little more and found a website for a structural engineering firm that has a few photos of drawings for the building for the theme park and water park as well as a list of rides to be included in both sections.

It seems to fit as it has the Takabisha clone and spinning coaster around it and it has the ProSlide attractions. There's a couple more photos on their site as well: http://www.structure1.com/project/american-dream-mall/

Sorry if this was mentioned already as I totally haven't been following this project since anytime there is an update someone chimes in to say "it'll never happen" but looking at these photos do I see there is also plans for a "Short Loop Coaster" (Larson Loop?), a "Suspended Family Coaster", as well as a "Surf Rider"? A "spinning drop tower"? Also, does that say "Unicoaster"?

I'll definitely visit if this actually does happen.

Yes that does say Unicoaster. Those are really fun flats. I really liked the one at Belmont Park a few summers back. The Short Loop Coaster appears to be the long flat ride in the bottom left. I have a feeling that's probably a Larson Looper like you suspect. The only other coasters with a footprint like that and loop are the free flies, but I imagine they would have called it a 4D coaster if that were the case.

I'm also excited by the Sky Fly.

Jump on the train from Harrisburg and enjoy the weekend in the city! Meadowlands is sure easy from Penn Station!

Does that train always run now? I went for usc vs Syracuse and had to bus it from seacaucus. Or are they still waiting for this project to make it daily?

I can understand people being concerned about the never-ending delays. But look at the current facts. Construction had started up again, track is delivered, Triple Five has created two wonderful indoor parks. Even if does take a few more years, it will be worth the wait.

Also found a link to a webcam facing the theme park area. Might not be a bad idea to bookmark it for when the vertical construction begins as the Gerstlauer coasters will be front and center. It looks like those white support beams laying on the ground might be supports for the roof structure so vertical construction might not be too far off (barring any delays of course).

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/americandream/meadowlands/

Holy hell, this introduced me to that new coaster being a Takabisha clone.

This sounds like an awesome idea, as I do like shopping malls in most varieties. I could probably plan a comprehensive trip of New Jersey out of this. The aboslute tallest coaster and the steepest coaster drop, all within a few days' time...

a "Surf Rider"

A knock-off FlowRider? Eww, gross.

I think it might be one of those stand up Disk-O rides that Zamperla makes, but it does look like the water park might have a Flow Rider though.

You’re saying maybe “Surf Rider” is referring to something else completely? I just know whatever that blue square on the far left of the water park (shaped like a FlowRider Double) is supposed to represent, it’s definitely not an actual FlowRider.

I think it might be one of those stand up Disk-O rides that Zamperla makes, but it does look like the water park might have a Flow Rider though.

You’re saying maybe “Surf Rider” is referring to something else completely? I just know whatever that blue square on the far left of the water park (shaped like a FlowRider Double) is supposed to represent, it’s definitely not an actual FlowRider.

Yeah, "Surf Rider" is more than likely a name for Zamperla's "Surf's Up" flat ride. Given that there's an Air Race in there, it's not too far of a stretch to assume that they'll have more than one Zamperla ride amongst their collection.

Yeah, "Surf Rider" is more than likely a name for Zamperla's "Surf's Up" flat ride. Given that there's an Air Race in there, it's not too far of a stretch to assume that they'll have more than one Zamperla ride amongst their collection.

Doubtful... if that were the case it would probably be up in the "coasters" section with the loop coaster. Then again, maybe they mislabeled it by accident and forgot to put it there.

Edited by coasterbill

a "Surf Rider"

Actually, my first thought was an Intamin "Surfrider", just like they already have at Nick Universe, especially since its listed in the dry park on that map.

The Short Loop Coaster appears to be the long flat ride in the bottom left. I have a feeling that's probably a Larson Looper like you suspect. The only other coasters with a footprint like that and loop are the free flies, but I imagine they would have called it a 4D coaster if that were the case.

Apologies as I don't know where this screenshot came from but its floating around the FB coaster groups. Looks like what we thought might be a Larson Loop is actually a Skywarp. Funny after so many people suspected Great Adv may get one.

skywarp.jpg.bc1218792e11c3856e318bf6592f28c4.jpg

American Dream has sent us a press release announcing that the upcoming Nickelodeon Universe theme park at the mall will feature two record-breaking Gerstlauer coasters!

The indoor Nickelodeon Universe theme park at American Dream will feature two record-breaking roller coasters by Gerstlauer. They consist of an intertwined Launched Euro-Fighter with a beyond-vertical drop and a Spinning Coaster whose cars rotate on a vertical axis as they move along the track.

"Featuring the best in family and adult entertainment, Nickelodeon Universe at American Dream has been designed to appeal to customers of all ages. By working with the best partners in the business, our park experience will be highly themed and offer one of a kind rides by Gerstlauer," Don Ghermezian, President Triple Five.

The Euro-Fighter boasts the world record for the steepest roller coaster drop, while the Spinning Coaster will hold the titles of the world's tallest and longest free spinning roller coaster.

"These two coasters, appealing to thrill seekers, will break three world-records combined! Gerstlauer has far exceeded our expectations with these new to market coasters and we're excited to have them on this journey with us," commented Gary Hanson, a management consultant at Triple Five.

"We have worked on many projects, but this will be unlike anything we have ever designed. Visitors to Nickelodeon Universe at American Dream are in for a great ride," said Siegfried Gerstlauer, Managing Director of Gerstlauer Amusement Rides.

DNsNXGnVwAAJCGD.thumb.jpg.d1656a4756545cd049ed6dcf1c427a06.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Ride Entertainment (

)

DNqZsbbUEAAQ8HY.thumb.jpg.aee5f48a9cbb2fca16ca44e1549f57ba.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Ride Entertainment (

) Edited by jedimaster1227