TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have a girlfriend, but I don't have enough self-confidence to ask this girl I've liked for 5 years. I'm unclear on whether or not she has a boyfriend. My thing is that I'm afraid of rejection...

Ditto. I got the balls to ask a girl out once. Didn't exactly work out. Now I hate her and she hates me. Go figure.

The last ten pages of this thread was...interesting.

Anyways, back near Valentines Day, I was moaning and bitching because I didn't have a girlfriend. Now I have realized that it doesn't matter whether or not you're in a relationship with someone just yet. I'm only in 10th grade, and I have my whole life to think about stuff like that. Besides, I have more important things to deal with right now, like keeping my grades up so I can go to a good college.

If I do find someone I truly love while in high school, then that's great. But if I have to wait a couple more years, then I won't be discouraged. I hope that when I meet the right girl, we can have a good, strong relationship. Besides, in my opinion, a relationship isn't based on sex. If it was, then society would probably crumble apart.

-Sun "patiently waiting for Mrs. Right" Fire

I would have a girlfriend, but I don't have enough self-confidence to ask this girl I've liked for 5 years. I'm unclear on whether or not she has a boyfriend. My thing is that I'm afraid of rejection...

I used to be the same way (and actually, I still kinda am very shy) but sometimes you just have to go for it. As long as you're not a douche about it, most girls are actually pretty nice and are not as vicious as you think.

Sack up and go for it. As Bucket said, be nice, respectful, and most importantly....be yourself. What's the worst that could happen? She says she's not interested? If so, consider it her loss, and move on. You're 15, there'll be more.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."-W.Gretzky

Good luck.

^Seriously, I don't bother with any girl who's taken as a matter of principle because I am from the plenty of fish in the sea school of thought, always plenty of single ones to get friendly with.

In this case she should break up first, or forget about it.

I've fallen for best friends with boyfriends a few times now. Generally it is a very bad idea and you only end up getting hurt by it.

However to give the small glimmer of hope, I'm getting married in December to somebody who was my best friend (before we dated) and was seeing another guy. So sometimes it does work out, but generally I'd advise keeping off of that bus.