TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I told a girl I was into coasters once. She was too captivated by me and my gorgeous smile to pay any attention to the interesting things I had to say for the next hour. Also, she thought Top Thrill Dragster was the tallest and fastest coaster in the world. Needless to say things didn't last very long after those two events. [/exaggerated post]

Edited by grrt

^ failure.

I'm becoming really fed up with girls as of late.

It seems as if all of the girls who aren't currently dating someone right now have 1 of the 4 following problems:

1. Dumb as a chipped brick

2. Have no self esteem whatsoever

3. Have self esteem and tote it around like they're queen bitch of the world

4. Feel the need to act like whores and get hammered every weekend (both - especially the latter - I find to be extremely unattractive.)

I fail to see a problem with 1, 2 or 4. Maybe it's just me!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, guys, I need some advice.

I need to tell my parents about my girlfriend, who I have mentioned several times on this thread. She's about two years older than me, lives about 250-300 miles away, and I haven't seen her since July and won't see her again until next July, but our relationship as held strong for that length of time. The thing is, my parents are against long-distance relationships, and if I want to stay with her, they need to know within the next two months. Do you guys have any advice, pointers, or anything that will help make this easier?

I need to tell my parents about my girlfriend, who I have mentioned several times on this thread. She's about two years older than me, lives about 250-300 miles away, and I haven't seen her since July and won't see her again until next July, but our relationship as held strong for that length of time. The thing is, my parents are against long-distance relationships, and if I want to stay with her, they need to know within the next two months. Do you guys have any advice, pointers, or anything that will help make this easier?

Plenty of advice. How about: enjoy being a kid, because getting involved with relationships at a young age is just more drama than you want to deal with?

Heck, I'm 22 years old, and the drama from my wedding this upcoming September is too much for me. I almost wish we had waited a little longer, even though:

-We have both lived away from home for five years

-Moved in together two years ago

-Both graduating college within the next few months

-Both have full-time jobs and fully support ourselves

Trust me, it might be "cool" to have a boyfriend/girlfriend, but is all the drama really worth it at that age? I'd be more embarrassed that you can't even drive yourself on a date than I would be worrying about needing a relationship.

My two cents.

^While that's all fine and good, a lot of teens (like myself) don't let the drama of relationships get to us too much, and just focus on enjoying them for what they are: high school relationships. Unfortunately, it may seem like this case *is* a bit more...eh, serious, I suppose.

As for your predicament OneWheeled, I only have but one thing to say: If you love her, and I mean really love her, beyond just a "I like you, you like me" type of relationship, then you need to do everything you can to make sure that you stay together. If that's the case, just sit your parents down one day, outline everything and don't let them interject once, making sure to let them know that you'll respectfully listen to their thoughts if they listen to yours without interruption. Make sure to say that you and her have already kept together so far apart this long, and that it will continue to be so, possibly in a better way, if they support it. It might very well be an uphill battle, but I know from what you've posted here on TPR that you can make a convincing argument, and that you can do it.

I've had to do pretty much the exact same thing before, so I know what it's like.

Good luck.

Okay, guys, I need some advice.

I know you are are only 16, but what right do your parents have to say no to you seeing her. Based on how it sounds you guys are relatively serious, and you dont seem to be doing anything too harmful. My parents said I couldn't date til I was was 16. I got a GF when I was 15 and just told my parents "Were going to dinner and the movies when were going out and when I go to her house I'll make sure her parents are there and vise versa if she comes over here." They just said be responsible and dont disappoint us.

I am currently single as I am VERY shy. I have had one short term relationship, which lasted a few months, which is the one I mentioned above, and have been single since. I am just REALLY shy around girls I like, which is weird cause I am pretty outgoing in general. It never occurs to me to ask someone out, cause who the hell wants to go out with me? The only reason I have ever had a girlfriend in the first place is that we met at a school dance, she liked my costume(it was a costume dance) and then we got to talking about music and stuff, we made plans to hang out as friends, but when I went to hang out we just decided to date... and she asked me. Pretty much I dont know what to do. Oh well, its fine for now, Im semi struggling through community college, have no job(just applied somewhere though) and am relatively busy at the moment. Hopefully when I move out in a few years I will look for something long term, but Im busy right now!

I am currently single as I am VERY shy. I have had one short term relationship, which lasted a few months, which is the one I mentioned above, and have been single since. I am just REALLY shy around girls I like, which is weird cause I am pretty outgoing in general. It never occurs to me to ask someone out, cause who the hell wants to go out with me?

I feel the same way about dating.

So how's that long distance thing work? You guys talk over skype or something? I think that would be really hard to only see her once or twice a year. The only thing that would bother me is that you would never know what she's doing if she's that far away. Not to be pessimistic or anyhing thought. I wish you the best of luck with this one dude, and by that I mean the relationship. As for your parents, I really dont see why they would be against it.

I think i'm falling for a guy who has a girlfriend......AGAIN!

Why, why do i always fall for people I can't have

I do that all the time...just replace the guy bit with a girl. The rest is the same...

Yeah, for some reason I always seem to fall for the chicks that happen to like other chicks...I don't get it either.

I think i'm falling for a guy who has a girlfriend......AGAIN!

Why, why do i always fall for people I can't have

I do that all the time...just replace the guy bit with a girl. The rest is the same...

Yeah, for some reason I always seem to fall for the chicks that happen to like other chicks...I don't get it either.

suck, don't it?

Sometimes, patience is your best friend.

A couple days ago, it was my girlfriends birthday. Although she is at her parents house for spring break (we go to the same school here in California ) in New York, I still surprised her with a package sent up there and boy was she very very surprised!

A nice little collection of poetry, that I have written and others that express the feelings I have, and a nice necklace. May of this year will be our one year anniversary.

For me, being in a relationship is a lot of work- You have your bad days, and then you have your good day.

All kidding aside, I've been with my BF now for just shy of three years (Shocking to me) and we've lived in separate cities for the majority of that time. My work keeps me on the road more often than not, and I tend to spend a lot more time commuting than I care to do.

However, for us, it does work. We talk frequently via IM, and I do go home to San Fran often enough to see him. It's tough in that I can't reach out and be with him when I need him, but I do know that it's well worth the end result- Three years is nothing to sneeze at relationship-wise.

However- I give this warning. This is NOT a situation that you should ever consider entering if you're the jealous type. You MUST be able to have a good bit of trust in order to make a LD relationship work. If you don't, then you are bound to fail.

Blech.. Women. I've learned they aren't worth all the trouble they put you through. At least to me. I'd find a girl, and they'd either be taken within the next week or things would go well for a while, and then just before the first date there'd be a crazy excuse that they couldn't go.. and kaboom, things would suddenly go downhill after that.

^ you're 16. give it some time. Guaranteed you haven't figured it out yet. Im 21 and im not going to claim to be a pro. I've been with my lady for 2 and half years and it just works for me. Other people just have conflicting personalities. You're much to young and inexperience to really judge your own dating life. Try not to be so gloom about it and just enjoy whatever you got or move on from whatever you dont have.

Yeah that's the thing. In high school, relationships are all out of whack. Most women I've met in high school are really immature, and the ones that aren't are taken. And both genders don't really know what they want. I kinda just go with whatever I find and roll with it for a while, I have no real particular tastes. I'm not really looking anymore though that's the thing. Too much effort, not enough payoff.

Hmm...for some reason the username grrt and it being in a relationship thread remind me of something...don't remember what though.

On topic: Apparently, after my family decides that we'll move across the country at the end of the summer, I start having girls telling me they've liked me for some time and that they want to be with me. So now, I have to decline every one of them, as any relationship I'd end up in would only last a short few months, majority of which I'll be out of the country anyway. Great timing.

Yeah... I've had one too many bad experiences with women. You'd be right about my name being plastered across another relationship thread. That was a looong time ago, and hopefully members who remember it don't hold it against me. I was pretty immature in middle school.

And yeah, that really stinks! People take things for granted, it's a shame they miss out on opportunities.

"That track means...that means it's Intamin, right?" It's like training a puppy to do tricks!

Aw, how cute! You just made my day alot better!

My bf is not a coasterfan, and tries to avoid themeparks as much as possible. BUT I always get what I want, so last summer we visited Liseberg, and my bf and I rode lots of rides, and Lisebergbanan! I was so proud