TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

I never try to force a relationship (well, maybe once) out of a situation that won't work, there are (mostly were) just people I liked that it didn't work out with. The two relationships I have been in came as a result of one asking me out (lasted a week) and a long distance relationship with a friend (which lasted six months). Nowadays I just sorta drift along, not trying to actively make a relationship happen, just sorta being a friend to, well, my friends, regardless of how much I like them.

Also, most of the time I know high school relationships don't work out, I just enjoy them for what they are.

Hopefully that makes sense.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I always tell my friends (or myself) after a break-up in high school, to not worry because in 2-3 years you'd forget all about them anyway.

Of course since I'm so young I try to seperate myself from any type of relationship, ever since something pretty ridiculous happened. I couldn't talk to my girlfriend for two days because I was studying for exams, and when I talked to her again it turns out she got a new boyfriend, without letting me know.

• 4 weeks later...

^ what the heck?! That is bizarre! Maybe it's an age thing

Well yeah, mine is a pretty complicated story...

Even though i'm gong to be 19 at the weekend, i find myself liking younger guys (16ish). So i started (about November last year) falling for my brother's mate who is 16, but i'm one of these girls who really just can't tell someone i like them unless i know they like me - cause i'm a crapbag pretty much :L

So yeah, he started seeing this girl who lives like an hour away, but turned out she had a boyfriend - the boy i liked knew about this but didnt seem to mind.

but "stuff" started happening between me and this boy whilst slightly intoxicated and i got really really confused about the whole situation.

So yeah, he the girl he was seeing decides to dump her bf for the boy i like and i'm like "dang!" but i mean, at least i know where I stand now eh? BUT NO, he still tried it on with me, after they are "officially" going out so this weekend i told him that i like him and that he has to back off cause what he's doing is hurting me and he seemed a bit taken aback and said he doesnt really know how he feels about the whole situation......

So i am no closer to finding out what going on with him - so im just gunna hope that he backs off so i can try to get over him (even though i like him SO much)

it sucks......

Woohoo now 7 months Feb. 22nd. Its been pretty good and all, we're both high school juniors. She was my best friend, one of my only friends during my 'dark period' where I didnt give a f@#$ about anything. But then kinda just fell for her. She then told me after that, that she'd reeeallly liked me for 2 (!!!) years at that point.

So yea, 7 months and all is well. But being a guy, I get harrassed a lot for not 'getting any' yet. I'm still stuck on 2nd base to be specific. But that's not really her thing and I've told her before that its okay. But all the people I talk to say that stuff should've happenned 2-3, sometimes even 4 months ago. It hasnt though and I guess I'm getting a bit impatient. Anyone else have any light to shed on the subject for me?

As yet I've dated 3 girls.

One, the relationship did not work out.

Two, she turned out to be bisexual, and then she fell for someone else.

Three, she admitted plainly that she was a lesbian.

Oh well, that's life .

Anyone else have any light to shed on the subject for me?

Have you had a proper conversation about it? I mean, has she told you a legitimately sounding reason for not wanting to have sex?

It would be she just feels she isnt ready, or she feels she's too young, or too soon?

It will be an extremely awkward chat, but just talk to her?! 7 months is a long time, i'm sure you guys are close enough to talk about it?

^I talked to her about it around the 5 month point. I said that I was fine with being ready whenever she is, and I still am, just a little impatient. 'Course its been two more months since and we havent gone any farther in the past two than in the previous 5. I guess she's just not ready, and that's fine to me. I'm just impatient I guess. If its in the cards, it'll happen. If not, it wasn't meant to be.

Either way, I love her to death so it definetly won't get in the way.

I've never had an actual boyfriend. Mostly because I just came out six months ago and really haven't put myself out there too much.

I did go on a date with one guy, but when he told me that my love for theme parks, roller coasters, and Halloween Horror Nights was stupid I didn't even call him back.

I'm becoming really fed up with girls as of late.

It seems as if all of the girls who aren't currently dating someone right now have 1 of the 4 following problems:

1. Dumb as a chipped brick

2. Have no self esteem whatsoever

3. Have self esteem and tote it around like they're queen bitch of the world

4. Feel the need to act like whores and get hammered every weekend (both - especially the latter - I find to be extremely unattractive.)

This isn't really aimed at anyone in particular, I'm just expressing discontent with the general population of girls at my school.

But, on the flip side, I'm 17. I don't exactly need to find someone I can stand for the rest of my life right now. Still frustrating though.

I've never had an actual boyfriend. Mostly because I just came out six months ago and really haven't put myself out there too much.

I did go on a date with one guy, but when he told me that my love for theme parks, roller coasters, and Halloween Horror Nights was stupid I didn't even call him back.

I would have walked out and said nothing. I actually did that before to a guy. We were in his apartment and I was showing some of my favorite music videos on youtube. He was a classicly trained musician and HATED all of the pop music that I LOVE. So he was bad mouthing EVERY song about how stupid they were and have no meaning. I can NOT help what kind of music I like or the artist I enjoy. So I just simply got up and left and said nothing. He just sat there with this confused look on his face. I never heard from him again.

I would have walked out and said nothing. I actually did that before to a guy. We were in his apartment and I was showing some of my favorite music videos on youtube. He was a classicly trained musician and HATED all of the pop music that I LOVE. So he was bad mouthing EVERY song about how stupid they were and have no meaning. I can NOT help what kind of music I like or the artist I enjoy. So I just simply got up and left and said nothing. He just sat there with this confused look on his face. I never heard from him again.

I don't know why I didn't just leave. I can understand someone not understanding another persons interests, but there is no reason to be so disrespectful about it. I need to date a guy who would at least be willing to go on a few TPR trips or at the very least respect my interest.

I don't know why I didn't just leave. I can understand someone not understanding another persons interests, but there is no reason to be so disrespectful about it. I need to date a guy who would at least be willing to go on a few TPR trips or at the very least respect my interest.

I totally agree with you. I will not date a guy who will not try to understand me and my interest. I mean that is part of getting to know someone. I have been with a few guys that have said something along the lines of "I have never did such and such thing before but i am willing to give it a shot because you enjoy it and I want to see you happy". That made me so extremely happy. Granted I am not with them anymore for one reason or another but to have that is awesome.

I've also dated people who did not share my interest in theme parks. Well - he didn't share my obsession . We'd go to local parks together and have a fine time, but I'd go on the TPR trips without him. He was into his own thing (church music ministry) and he'd do that on his own as well.

It works if you both respect each other - even if you don't "get" it, and trust each other to do their own thing without jumping on the nearest thing with a pulse and a penis .

David

I kept my roller coaster hobby on the DL for a few months into my relationship, haha. Eventually I slid things in, and then I guess at some point I just figured "Alright, we've been together for some time - this is my bedroom, there's my Cedar Point posters, there's my stack of TPR DVDs, there's my catalog of ACE magazines..."

Now he keeps up-to-date with coaster news through me, we sit around and play RCT together, and we go ride coasters together at least once a month - this year we're headed back to CoasterMania! It's funny to watch him learn, too. "That track means...that means it's Intamin, right?" It's like training a puppy to do tricks!