TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

So just an update, the breakup went absolutely splendidly. She took it well, and we're still cool with each other, so no insane exes to worry about!

And with the long-distance relationship I mentioned, I decided to call off the one that could have happened in the near future. She's two years older than me and lives 300 miles away, in Santa Clarita to be exact. I wouldn't be able to see her until next year at camp, so I figured we could just wait until next year, when we'd see each other much more often, to actually try a relationship.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Just be prepared that if you wait a year, she might have someone else by then. But so could you. Alot happens in a year.

Well, one year married and we haven't tried to kill each other, despite many stressful situations over the last year. Relationships based on friendship and support, where physical attraction is secondary, are the mutts nuts.

Well, I just ended an 8 month long distance relationship. It wasn't easy, but it had to be done.

You did what was right. Hope you guys are still great friends.

Thanks. I had to end it because lately we have done nothing but fight. Usually over stuff shes done, (going to parties and getting drunk, spending the night with guy friends, and a bunch of other stuff that got up my ass) so I had to end it. Also, I will never again allow myself to be in a polyamorous relationship. No matter what I always felt like #2, even though she said I was #1. I had to get out of it before I went insane.

• 2 months later...

Why are girls such effing idiots? My ex (mentioned above) has finally gotten over me, and now she keeps going out with these fucking douchebags who obviously only want sex, and telling me that they're "nice guys" when I raise a red flag. I don't understand what shes not getting about these guys. I don't still like her, but I certainly don't not give a shit. Its just freaking annoying to watch her set herself up to be hurt when its so easily preventable.

• 2 weeks later...

So.

I'm in an unofficial long-distance relationship. With that 17-year-old girl I met a camp, mentioned a few pages ago.

The reason it's unofficial is that I haven't told my parents about her yet, I'm waiting for the opportunity for them to meet her over Skype, as opposed to me just describing her to them. But we're basically a couple in every other way. And we're both very happy.

• 2 months later...

So I know this is a bit of an old topic, but I have a question for you all, and was hoping someone may be able to shed some sort of light on my situation. So here is the situation...

A year ago today my partner and I split up. I still sadly love him more than anything in this world. I still think of him day and night. I still dream of him on almost a nightly basis... I still talk about him to everyone I know (not trying to, it just happens) I mean I still love him dearly... I cant bring myself to even consider a relationship with anyone else simply because I just want to be with him...

So here are my questions... Is this normal?? Will I ever be able to move on?? Has anyone else ever had a situation like this? Any advice?

Thanks in advance...

~Matthew

^I've been in a similar situation. It'll eventually go away, you just need to really decide to not give a f*ck. Like, I've become much more apathetic to dating, and not caring makes me much happier. I mean really, it took my friends convincing me to just get the hell over it that made me finally just not care anymore.

Six months.

As of yesterday, it has been six months since my long-distance girlfriend and I had our first date. I still hold that night as one of the most awe-inspiring of my life, everything about it was perfect.

Too bad my parents still don't know about her. I know they're gonna find out eventually, and I understand that it'll be a lot easier for me to tell them, but I just don't know how. They're against long-distance relationships, they think they never work, but this one is working.

Well, this one is quite a story. Yeah, i'm 14 and I am pretty much the only guy that avoids drama and stuff like that at our school, but anyway...There was some girl who has been through so much. She was forced to do some things she didn't want to do and was made fun of for it and everything. I don't even know why she still came to school, it was terrible for her.

I'm I nice kid that is always happy to help and is pretty much friends with everybody. So in November, she decided to come to me for help. I thought it was trouble from the start but she proved me wrong. I helped her get through it all and she kept telling me how perfect I was and how lucky she was that I am around. So eventually I start to really like her, and she made me feel as if she was in love with me. Tonight however, she told me that she was thinking about how much she actually liked this other guy that "broke up" with her previously. I was pretty sad because now apparently they are together again. She didn't leave me in the dust though. She still tells me how amazing I am and stuff and when she told me about her feelings for the other guy, you could tell how bad she felt telling me this.

I don't know what to think of the whole situation. She pretty much built me up and then right when I was about to be topped off, she tore me down. I'm still really confused by everything. I told her that she just needs to be happy after what she has been through. That is really all I care about. That is why she started talking to me in the first place.

This probably made no sense. I am typing this because I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about her. Oh well...that's middle school drama for you

Edited by Cavs Fan

I think all of the relationships I've tried to be in have ended in "friend zone" territory much like Cavs Fan's. I'm to damn empathetic and nice to not like (or at least, that's what they tell me), but too different to consider being in a relationship with. Either that, or what they come to talk to me about is usually them coming out to their parents (I'm straight, so obviously that doesn't work out) or trying to get another guy.

For the record, when I say all, I mean in the ballpark of 15-20, and they're all still friends with me.

^

Ace, As much as I hate saying it, but high school is not the best area to find something lasting. I can't count how many relationships die after high school.

Love is a wondrous force that only comes by surprise, for love is more than commitment, or beauty you see in your eyes. I mean, after all this friend zone issues, I have learned that when you force something to work, or even look, it doesn't come. Love isn't meant to be easy, heck, that's why sluts are easy.

The advice I always give out in this situation is don't expect happiness to come when you demand it, for happiness takes a whole life time to discover. Patience is the key to grasping this bond.

Truly inspiring^ lol.

I never wanted to get caught up in something like that. It just isn't the average person who gets "chased down" by the sweetest, nicest, and most attractive girl in the school. I am just happy we are friends and nothing stupid happened. She taught me a lot and helped me get through some tough parts of the year.

I'm gonna miss it. It was fun while it lasted, .

Haha, I am so silly.