TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a girlfriend prior to Sunday. She broke up with me after a bit of thinking. She came to the conclusion that she thought of me more as a friend than as a boyfriend. I'm happy that we are still friends, but I am still really depressed. She wasn't my first girlfriend, but she was my first serious one. And she was the first girl I could truly say I loved. I'm usually ok for most of the day, (although Monday I was really distracted all day and since I was in electrical for the day I was working with staple guns, and wound up shooting myself in the foot because I wasn't paying attention. Ouchie!) but once it hits around 6 or 7 o'clock I start to get depressed. Usually because we would call each other at around 7:30 and talk until her parents made her get off the phone. (About 30 minutes to an hour and a half) Now, when I would usually be looking forward to talking to her, I just get depressed. I would think spending some time with her as just a friend would help, but at the same time I'm afraid of embarrassing myself, making her feel bad (She already feels bad for having her friend give me the news because she was too afraid to) or both. I'm gonna stop here because I'm practically on the verge of tears, but are there any things you guys would recommend to help get over this?

Dude....honestly. You are 14. You have your whole life ahead of you for relationships. I don't think you understand what "true" love is at such a young age. Myself being 19, and having had several "serious" relationships and some really short ones, I have not hit the "love" spark yet. I care about these girls and would do anything to help them....but love is strong word, and so much is attached when you say it to someone. I don't think you should throw it around so easily at 14.

I just got off the phone with my crush, who really likes me. We talked to each other for just over 4 hours (2 hours MSN, 2 Hours Phone). It's kinda funny, at the end of the conversation when we were saying bye to each other, there was an awkward silence and we could both tell that we wanted to say something more to each other than just "bye". We just kinda laughed and hung up.

I am so asking her out on monday. I seriously believe that she is one that I can say I can truly say that I "LOVE", because out of the other 3 girlfriends that I have had in the past (all relationships lasting at least 2-7 months) I have never felt this way about any of them. I can tell that she trusts me because tonight she told me some stuff that she hasn't told anyone except her best friend, and we aren't even dating... and knowing that I trust her.

I think I am in love...

I had a girlfriend prior to Sunday. She broke up with me after a bit of thinking. She came to the conclusion that she thought of me more as a friend than as a boyfriend. I'm happy that we are still friends, but I am still really depressed. She wasn't my first girlfriend, but she was my first serious one. And she was the first girl I could truly say I loved. I'm usually ok for most of the day, (although Monday I was really distracted all day and since I was in electrical for the day I was working with staple guns, and wound up shooting myself in the foot because I wasn't paying attention. Ouchie!) but once it hits around 6 or 7 o'clock I start to get depressed. Usually because we would call each other at around 7:30 and talk until her parents made her get off the phone. (About 30 minutes to an hour and a half) Now, when I would usually be looking forward to talking to her, I just get depressed. I would think spending some time with her as just a friend would help, but at the same time I'm afraid of embarrassing myself, making her feel bad (She already feels bad for having her friend give me the news because she was too afraid to) or both. I'm gonna stop here because I'm practically on the verge of tears, but are there any things you guys would recommend to help get over this?

Like others have said, I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. You're young, and there's plenty of other girls out there waiting for you. As Terry said, keep yourself occupied and it'll be much easier. And be glad that you are still friends. I know of people (not me personally) who break up wit someone and can't stand being around them anymore. It's so much better when that doesn't happen. Trust me, when it does, it gets ugly. Really ugly. More than anything, stay active and meet new people. Somethig will come up sooner or later - but not if you brew over her.

That said, I'm personally in a relationship with an awesome girl at the moment. I've been with her for about 2 1/2 months now, and I know its something special. At the risk of sounding corny, I really feel... alive... when I'm with her. She's my second serious relationship, and right now I couldn't be happier. And to think I hadn't ever kissed a girl before this time last year.

• 2 months later...

I wanted to resurrect this thread because middle/high school drama never dies and the rant thread's already crowded as hell . Also, I have a weird relationship with this girl who's going out with someone. First of all, don't tell me she's just slutty, because that's not going to help at all. Anyway, me and this girl have known each other since kindergarten and have been really good friends for a few months. And tonight she told me she liked me, and I like her too, but she has a boyfriend right now (who is a really bad boyfriend) and we kissed on truth or dare. We were hanging out after and I said "damn, that was a really bad kiss. I want a redo!(joking)" And she said, let's do a redo and we kissed again, and we kissed before I went home. Honestly, I'm confused as all hell.

"I wanted to resurrect this thread because middle/high school drama never dies" (Yankee cannonball)

Let's see here... you're kissing someone who's already involved with someone that you don't approve of.

Sounds like you're helping to create even more drama.

Eric

I wanted to resurrect this thread because middle/high school drama never dies and the rant thread's already crowded as hell . Also, I have a weird relationship with this girl who's going out with someone. First of all, don't tell me she's just slutty, because that's not going to help at all. Anyway, me and this girl have known each other since kindergarten and have been really good friends for a few months. And tonight she told me she liked me, and I like her too, but she has a boyfriend right now (who is a really bad boyfriend) and we kissed on truth or dare. We were hanging out after and I said "damn, that was a really bad kiss. I want a redo!(joking)" And she said, let's do a redo and we kissed again, and we kissed before I went home. Honestly, I'm confused as all hell.

You're 13, dude. That's how things work at that age. It's "ok" for a 13 year old to like more than one person at the same time. In fact, in a month, I'm sure both you and her will have new crushes on other people because that's just how it flows in middle school.

I wish I could tell you to just sit back and live it up, but I know it's impossible to understand it right now. But I guarantee you by the time you are 16, you'll be looking back on it all and laughing about how awesome middle school was because everybody was just a flavor of the week, and that was ok.

As for real advice, don't chase after her. If she's doing that behind her boyfriend's back, how would you be able to trust she's not doing the same thing behind your back if you became her boyfriend? Let her come after you... or just wait a few weeks until you have a crush on a new chick.

"If there's a hell, it's modeled after junior high."- Lewis Black

My twin, who is also 19 surprisingly, has never kissed a girl. I'm 19 and I've never been in a serious relationship. Does it bother me? Not really. I want to wait for that right person. It's frustrating not knowing when I will meet her, but I'm more than happy to wait for the 'one'. Nothing would suck more than to settle for less.

AWEH! You'll find her. Don't worry, there's always someone out there and I'm sure you guys will find someone perfect for you. It sucks to never know what's coming but it just makes the experience when it does all that more worthwile!

Not as if it's happened to me, though. I've never had my first kiss -.x

LAWL, but it's cool. You'll find someone.

Let's see here... you're kissing someone who's already involved with someone that you don't approve of.

Sounds like you're helping to create even more drama.

Exactly. Let it go. If she breaks up with that other guy and gets with you, she would most likely be kissing other guy(s) while with you. I don't really believe in karma, but it sounds like that she is a sl...it sounds like she wouldn't have a problem messing around with other people, no matter who she is with.

I know I'm probably over-analyzing this, it being a middle school situation and all, but I'm just saying...

^It irks me when people complain about the drama in their lives and you see them diving right into it and creating it. If you constantly thrive in it, don't complain... you must like it deep down.

If she's doing that behind her boyfriend's back, how would you be able to trust she's not doing the same thing behind your back if you became her boyfriend?

If you remember nothing else, keep this gem.

Terry

Just don't let her know your into coasters, that is a sure fire turn off.

Thats the problem I keep having However this year of high school has been better than previous years. Besides TPR shirts & hoodies I hide my coaster obsession & wear other cloths like Yankees jerseys & Hollister shirts. Now I talk about cars & sports not about airtime & coasters.

^Besides if they don't like what you like, how do you expect to do anything together?

Some of my friends, dates and acquaintances said my coaster hobby was stupid, which prompts me to go though a list of their bad habits and flaws... which makes them get mad and fume. I end it with "my other hobby is 'reading'. Now shut the hell up."

EDIT: On the relationship front, the person I'm seeing is more a friend now than anything else. Surprisingly enough, it doesn't bother me and I'm kind of relieved. He's going to Orlando this weekend (probably to the parks) and I'm staying home and trying to relax and get my workout going again! Yay!

Terry

I have plenty of interests other than coasters, so if I'm with a girl who isn't interested in coasters (which is every girl I've ever hooked up with) then I have no desire to talk about coasters, so in my case I'm not really denying who I am - it must be a Gemini thing, I feel like I have a split personality sometimes. Though I will admit the whole coaster thing definitely isn't viewed as cool.

I've really been stuck in a big in-between, the thought of settling down is totally boring to me and sleeping around has been making me feel like I have no soul. I hope I grow up before it's too late.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm tired of single life, and I'm definitely tired of the horrible hookups that I've been put through. Settling down with someone for a few months is completely ideal.

I've realized I have a dilemma when it comes to dating:

The guys I like don't like me back since they're either straight or taken.

The guys that like me only want to use me as a f*ck-and-run checkpoint.