TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still single.

Don't worry about it bro. You'll find that special someone eventually, they'll come along in due time.

---Brent

Yeah, I don't have a "gf" yet. But, Im in no hurry, neither should you.

But, I know that special someone will come in my life one day. Even if I have to do a MTV dating show!

-Tatum

Still single.

Don't worry about it bro. You'll find that special someone eventually, they'll come along in due time.

---Brent

Yeah, I don't have a "gf" yet. But, Im in no hurry, neither should you.

But, I know that special someone will come in my life one day. Even if I have to do a MTV dating show!

-Tatum

Dude, you're not so bad off. I'm almost 18 and I have never even held hands with a girl. Now THAT is bad.

First she tells me how great of a guy I am and excited she is for when she comes out to visit in less than 3 months for my prom; now she (without telling me) abandons me for another guy.

There was a group of girls at my High School that got with some nerdy guys just so they would buy them prom tickets. As soon as they did they would promptly break up and keep the ticket. So it could be worse.

As for me, my prom date was kind of a monster.. Which brings me to the best part about prom... It's already 5 years in my past and I never had to worry about it again.

I guess you're right about that. It could be worse. I just contacted her over the weekend and she says she is still flying out to California after her graduation to go to my prom with me even though she has a boyfriend. I wonder if it's commitment, or if she just feels sorry for me since I have had such bad luck with girls over my life.

^ Hey! Don't get yourself down! All you need is that one girl to come into your life, and trust me, that girl will come. It just happens at different times for everyone. Like I've already found my soulmate. But, it's different for everyone. So don't be all down on yourself because you haven't held hands with a girl and you're 18. Time will tell my friend and if you just keep living your life, that girl will eventually come into your life.

---Brent

If she's the one, that don't stop trying to sweep her off her feet! Don't give up just because she has a boyfriend. A lot of stuff can happen between now and the time your prom happens. You never know mehn, life has its own plan, and maybe she's sketched into yours for you!

---Brent

EDIT: ^HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I still think she's "the one." After all, high school relationships tend to have lots of drama. And it is still just over 2 months until she comes out. I don't know what else to say about this. It's all so complicated...

You're setting yourself up for failure if you are thinking she's "the one" even if you haven't had any hint of an actual relationship with her. Not to be the bearer of honest but bad news, but you're infatuated with her, and she probably feels bad for you to a certain extent, which is why she agreed to go to your prom. But if she has a boyfriend she's definitely not interested in you.

EDIT: Brent, you know I think you're an awesome guy, but you're still young enough where I don't know if you should be dispensing advice on certain aspects of relationships. This isn't a knock on you at all, I admire you quite a bit for your maturity at your age, but there's things that you learn when you're in the dating world that you couldn't possibly know when you're 14.

If she's the one, that don't stop trying to sweep her off her feet! Don't give up just because she has a boyfriend. A lot of stuff can happen between now and the time your prom happens. You never know mehn, life has its own plan, and maybe she's sketched into yours for you!

---Brent

EDIT: ^HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Thats exactly what my one of my friends is telling he. He's only 15 but he has the maturity level higher than that of most adults I know, so I trust him.

I still think she's "the one." After all, high school relationships tend to have lots of drama. And it is still just over 2 months until she comes out. I don't know what else to say about this. It's all so complicated...

You're setting yourself up for failure if you are thinking she's "the one" even if you haven't had any hint of an actual relationship with her. Not to be the bearer of honest but bad news, but you're infatuated with her, and she probably feels bad for you to a certain extent, which is why she agreed to go to your prom. But if she has a boyfriend she's definitely not interested in you.

The thing is, we have had hints of a relationship before this. But the fact that she lives in Louisiana and I live in California has something to do with it. She has told me sometime before this how if she lived in California that she would date me. But in reality, you're probably right.

The thing is, we have had hints of a relationship before this. But the fact that she lives in Louisiana and I live in California has something to do with it. She has told me sometime before this how if she lived in California that she would date me. But in reality, you're probably right.

Ah the old "If , I'd totally date you!". She's being nice, she doesn't want to hurt your feelings.

Uncle Wes Tell us how babys are made!

You're really close to getting a temporary ban for a multitude of pointless posts, best cut back on what you reply to.

^ Good point Tyler.

I'm just going to hang in there and see how things play out between now and prom. I'm sure that even if she still has a boyfriend that things will go fine. If not, I have college to look forward to in 5 months to make a brand new start with my life.

^ I agree with that statement.

I've spent my whole life looking forward at some milestone to change me. In fact, I did so much time waiting to change, that I never changed. And that doesn't help me. Make change today. If you wait for it to happen tomorrow, it never will.

I also don't reccomend dealing in terms of "the one". That will only be a handicap in the end. Just go out and have fun. Meet people. Take different people for a test drive, even if they don't appear to be "the one". You'll get much farther that way.

-Jahan "I cant believe I just said that" Makanvand

^ I agreee with the 2 statements above me. You can't hang around waiting for change.

Its amazing as you get older how fast time goes by. I'm always saying I'll get around to different things, even crappy trivial things. Before you know it time has just gone, and its only when you look back you realise just how long doing this particular thing, or making a particular change has taken.

And Goliath513, I'm sure college will be a good change for you, and by all means if you want to make specific changes they why not start now? Meeting lots of new people will open up loads of new opportunities and all that good stuff. As for the girl and the prom, even if it doesn't work out how you would like it to, just enjoy it for what it is, and just have a good time.

On a general note to agree with whats been said already, its not easy to predict who 'the one' is very early on. Sure maybe you will get lucky and meet the one, know from the first time you met that it was right and live happily ever after. But then how many people do you know that have been in relationships for a couple of years and then realised that person isn't the one?

I always remember that in the earlier stages of our relationship, me and my (now) wife were always realistic about it, we both agreed that if we did break up in the future, we could at least look back on the time we were together as a really good period in our lives. You shouldn't worry about the bad things that might happen in the future, but simply enjoy the time you do spend with people you like.

For a very long time I went around trying to find "the one." Generally speaking it was a bad idea when I look back. Figuring out who "the one" is takes a lot of time and is not something you come to over night. I passed up dating a lot of people because I didn't think the relationship would last forever, that is no reason not to date in High School however. It's good to be broken up with a few times, it teaches how to actually survive a relationship. Go out and look to have some fun, chances are the person you meet who becomes "the one" will only do so after you've been together a while.

My girlfriend and I didn't really care for each other for the first three weeks we knew each other. We're getting married at the end of this year. When we first met, it wasn't like, "Wow she's the one," but things still just worked out that way.

^ You know, I try my hardest not to think she's "The One" but I really love her. I actually enjoy spending time with her. Yet I have to think that this will probably end, but I dunno its all a big crazy stress ball to me.

And sorry Wes for the stupid posts.