TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Apple iPod Touch

verticalzero

Not only am I hoping they don't jack up the price, but actually bring it down when the introduce the 3rd-gen touch. Hopefully the 32 GB one will be $350 or less. I'd like to replace both my 8GB 3rd-gen Nano, and my 4.5 year old monochrome 40 GB iPod, by getting a 32 GB touch. I want all my songs and more with me!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a stupid decision to have the touch in flash memory... they should have just stuck with HDD. And the $500 price? No thanks. They could've at least killed off the 8GB version and made the 16GB version $399 and the 32GB $499.

I know this is old, but it needs to be stated that with such a large screen + flash storage means that the device will be smaller and have a longer battery life than it would with a HDD. A HDD iPod touch would be thicker than the classic and have horrible battery life.

One of the issues of having a HDD in a portable device like an iPod, is that if it gets jostled around a lot, it gets messed up. (personal experience) HDDs may be cheaper than flash, but don't take a beating like flash would. Apple also makes the MacBook Air, which has an option of having a flash drive for storage (but no optical drive), unlike the MacBook Pro.

Does anybody care what I think about the iPod touch? Well, either way, you get to know. :)

I have the 16gb, first generation version. I haven't used it in probably 8 months and I'm going to sell it soon.

It's nice, but I'd rather get an iPhone for my next phone so I can have everything (Internet, music, phone, camera, apps) on one device, instead of carrying around two devices, which only comprise phone, music and camera.

Advantages: I could fit the majority of my "favorite" music, which was basically me narrowing down my oversized library to, well, my favorites. Although I like having all my music on my 160gb iPod classic, it was also nice to have a "focused" iPod that didn't have all that extra music I "shouldn't" have bought.

Games were fun, apps were nice but really just "extras", not life-altering. Internet was a bit cumbersome, but nice to have, although I was strangely prevented from accessing or logging into certain sites. Also, I couldn't get a connection at the most convenient place, school. (I could get it on my laptop, for comparison.)

I highly recommend jailbreaking (at least way back when--I'm not sure how it is now), just for the apps. I spent 2-3 hours trying it unsuccessfully, then did the exact same thing again and it worked, thank goodness.

I never bought the $20 upgrade. I was on the borderline of buying it but I wanted to keep the jailbreak intact, or something.

Personal moral: An iPod for music only is enough for me, but an iPhone would be nice in the future.

The end. :)