TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Firsts

X:/ NO WAY OUT at Thorpe Park is the world's first and only backwards roller coaster in the dark. I wonder why

Actually, Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios has a backwards section in the dark.

The Beast was the first roller coaster to exceed 7,000 feet in length.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X:/ NO WAY OUT at Thorpe Park is the world's first and only backwards roller coaster in the dark. I wonder why

Actually, Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios has a backwards section in the dark.

Oops, i'll have to check what is says on X's sign, maybe I should have said world's first backwards coaster in the dark or something similar. It is however still the only backwards rollercoaster in the dark for the full circuit

Another (minor) one for Walibi World - First and so far only use of the 'the Stengel Dive' element on Goliath.

I love that part/ride/park. And the Kangaroo (<) agrees. Also:

Black Mamba Phantasialand has the first Jr. Immelmann

Shockwave Drayton Manor first stand up to have a barrel roll/in-line spiral/Zero G Roll, whatever you want to call it (even rcdb is confused)

Hundeprut BonBon Land (hopefully) first and only coaster to use dog poo as theming

Deja Vu (x3) The first coaster triplets, same colours, design and name opened at the same time (give or take a few weeks )

You are actually wrong. Before them was the Mind Eraser's at Elitch Gardens, Darien Lakes and Riverside (SFNE)

-Dainan "They were probably the first" Rafferty

Maverick, 2007, Cedar Point--first coaster to feature a launched "lift hill".

What about Hulk?

Hulk uses high speed drive or 'pinch' wheels to fling the train up the lift. Maverick uses LIMs. Doesn't California Screamin' (built before Maverick) use LIMs on the lift?

Maverick, 2007, Cedar Point--first coaster to feature a launched "lift hill".

What about Hulk?

Hulk uses high speed drive or 'pinch' wheels to fling the train up the lift. Maverick uses LIMs. Doesn't California Screamin' (built before Maverick) use LIMs on the lift?

Ok? He didn't say anything about LIMs, he said that Maverick was the first coaster to have a launched lift hill, but I'm questioning that because I believe it was Hulk. Also, for the record, Maverick uses LSMs, not LIMs.