TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland postpones Eli Manning parade

Link:

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1290

Disneyland postpones Eli Manning parade

Eli Manning isn't "going to Disneyland" just yet.

It turns out the Super Bowl winning quarterback's schedule is so jam-packed and the skies over Scottsdale, Arizona so crowded with air traffic that Manning could not make it to Anaheim in time for today's 10:30 a.m. Disneyland parade as previously reported in this space.

Manning is instead heading to New York City for a taping of the "Late Show with David Letterman" this evening and then a tickertape parade down Broadway on Tuesday.

Disney officials hope to reschedule Manning's visit, but so far the details remain up in the air.

Disneyland had several scenarios in place for today's canceled parade - including an 8:30 a.m. start time that was a full hour and a half before the theme park opened. But the newly crowned Super Bowl MVP's crowded calendar simply did not allow it.

This just in: It turns out Disneyland held the Super Bowl parade today without Eli Manning. Photographic evidence from Laughing Place shows a bunch of forlorn Pop Warner football players from Tustin, California riding the float sans the MVP. (Hat tip to the Disney Blog.)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Last night was amazing. I don't know what you're talking about.

I mean, it was the best time the Patriots could lose. Ever! They were so close to a perfect season, and the lost it at the end to a team they'd beaten before. So excellent.

Pop Warner football players from Tustin, California

Woot, shout out to Tustin folks! I guess that's the reason why some of the kids from my school weren't at school today. Anyways, just the hectic schedule of getting MVP and winning the Superbowl, meh, who cares, it's a stupid parade. But, they did play amazing last night though.

---Brent

I know I wouldn't want to go to Disneyland at noon the next day after something like that. Especially including a flight and who knows what other media stuff. In fact, I don't think I'd want to get up before late afternoon the next day.

Actually now that I think about it, my head would explode from stress before getting on the field.

Stupid Eli Manning he just got lucky. Tom Brady deserves this, the Giants just got lucky.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh, I'm just trying to blow off steam from last night.

Further proof that New England fans are the sorest losers along with being the least graceful winners.

Stupid Eli Manning he just got lucky. Tom Brady deserves this, the Giants just got lucky.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh, I'm just trying to blow off steam from last night.

Further proof that New England fans are the sorest losers along with being the least graceful winners.

If you look at the Super Bowl thread I think you would see that that is not the case. It seems that Colts fans are the worst.

I can also vouch for the attitude around New England right now is not "poor loser". There were a great many mistakes on both teams part. Yes, the Giants did have some luck go there way, but that is the case with any winner. Had the Pats won, it would be because they would have gotten lucky (it's too bad that last long pass that was almost complete was not).

I admit fully that I wish it were Tom Brady was the one in the parade. Those Manning boys just are not hot at all. And when you add Tommy to the mix they are just plain ugly in comparison.

If you look at the Super Bowl thread I think you would see that that is not the case. It seems that Colts fans are the worst.

I can also vouch for the attitude around New England right now is not "poor loser". There were a great many mistakes on both teams part. Yes, the Giants did have some luck go there way, but that is the case with any winner. Had the Pats won, it would be because they would have gotten lucky (it's too bad that last long pass that was almost complete was not).

I admit fully that I wish it were Tom Brady was the one in the parade. Those Manning boys just are not hot at all. And when you add Tommy to the mix they are just plain ugly in comparison.

Thank You!

Please don't mix all Colts Fans in there, the only ones who are, are the bandwagon ones and some the underaged ones. If you visit the Colts forum, you will see a bunch of classy Colts fans. I personally gave credit to the Pats for their season on the Colt's board after I was done heckling the Patriots fans that was annoying to me this whole season.

And I still think that some Patriots fans are because since week 6, more and more of them kept saying they were going undefeated and winning it all, this was before they had to play more than one good team (the one good team up to this point was the Colts). They had a easy schedule for the most part, it is easy to look good. They seemed to forget more and more that the reigning Superbowl Champs was the Colts, at that point. I don't care who you are playing, that deserves respect.

I'm sure Eli will make it to Disney at some point....

Regarding the Patriots easy schedule, I wouldn't go that far to say that it was that easy. During the regular season they had to beat - AFC #2,3,4 seeds (Colts, Chargers, Steelers) and the NFC #1,5,6 seeds (Cowboys, Giants, Redskins). They had 6 playoff teams on their schedule this year and beat all of them. Now I know they play in the easiest division in football, but they still had to beat some really tough teams this year.

* I am in no way a Patriots fan, or like them in any way.

^ You own the Colts?

That AFC Central is real rough too.....

Please. Pretty much every team has easy games throughout the season -unless you are the worst team in the league (Dolphins).

I saw the Eli Manning commercial yesterday a couple of times. I thought Disney was doing away with that campaign? I remember a press release a couple of years ago. Did I miss something along the way? I figured they would still have the MVP visit Disney, but I just didn't think that they were going to run the commercials anymore.