TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Water Coasters - They Good?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ridden Poseidon at Europa Park, but I was not really impressed by it. The splash(es) didn't really got me wet, and I found the coaster to be a bit rough (actually uncomfortable is a better word). I did however liked that the curvy drops and the theming was beautifull, but that depends on the park.

I'm surprised these haven't caught on with more parks. Finally something new and exciting besides the standard raft ride/flume ride/chute-the-chute that every park has some combination of...you would think parks would jump at the chance to market something unique.

It depends, Many of the smaller layouts consist of a predrop/turn table/drop combination. (Think That's Right) These are fun to ride.

Then there are the full sized ones: River Channel/Drop/Coaster Section combinations.

The better of the two are the full sized ones like Journey To Atlantis. They are overall just more fun to ride and have more variety

^Who knows, the state government is apparently in support of it, and it has been considered as recently as 4 months ago. I'm expecting an opening post 2009, given the Hippopotamus exhibit is what is in line next.

You can see more about it here: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=3924

As for my thoughts on water coasters, they are pretty good actually, I'd think of it as a more intense version of a shoot the chute since they have those high speed turns. They do what they do well, and aren't excessively wet. They lend themselves to being themed well, and appear to be a crowd favourite.