TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CGA's Flight Deck STRIKES BACK!!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I e-mailed CGA and here is there response to the name change to Afterburn and back to Flight Deck.

Thank you for your interest in California's Great America. The name change from Flight Deck to Afterburn on our web site was a mishaps by our web designer. The ride name Afterburn is the new name for Carowinds ' Top Gun. At all the other Top Gun parks the name will be changing to Flight Deck. We hope this information helps you and we hope to entertain you in near future.

Sincerely,

California's Great America

Guest Response

I e-mailed CGA and here is there response to the name change to Afterburn and back to Flight Deck.

Thank you for your interest in California's Great America. The name change from Flight Deck to Afterburn on our web site was a mishaps by our web designer. The ride name Afterburn is the new name for Carowinds ' Top Gun. At all the other Top Gun parks the name will be changing to Flight Deck. We hope this information helps you and we hope to entertain you in near future.

Sincerely,

California's Great America

Guest Response

Well at least Carowinds' Top Gun is getting a half way decent name.

I still have no idea why on Earth CF named a ride Flight Deck. IMO, that is almost as stupid as naming a BTR clone Goliath.

Now THAT is stupid (IMO)!

1.) Afterburn > Flight Deck

2.) Now Cedar Fair has to buy merchandise for both! Why would you do that? Infact, if I were Cedar Fair, I wouldn't even order merchandise for Flight Deck. Nobody in their right mind would/should want it...

Flight Deck is a lot like Jesus. Hated by the establishment, dies and then comes back from the dead two days later. Time to accept Flight Deck as your saviour.

Post of the year.

OMG, we agree on something.

I'll second your "post of the year" nomination.

The year is still young, though.

I think what's probably behind it all is Dick has a couple monkeys throw darts at possible names on a board. Apparently the one that had hit "Afterburn" had an accident with his diaper and was punished with the take back of the name.

It's a shame how low and unskilled it gets.

Oh wait a minute, I learned from the Geauga Lake episode that CF doesn't do animals.

It's McDiculous.