TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure Island Waterpark

TopThrill182

I'm trying to find some info on Adventure Island Water Park. I've searched the web but can't find any reviews of the place, let alone pictures. Here's the issue. My family is planning on going up to the Tampa area for vacation this Spring. In relationship to our hotel, Adventure Island is much closer than other parks such as Aquatica, Blizzard Beach, and Typhoon Lagoon. We have been to the Disney water parks and loved them, and I was wondering how Adventure Island stacks up?

Adventure Island would be the most convenient water park, but we wouldn't want to waste the money going there if it isn't that great (or if Aquatica is going to be so much better). Would anyone who has been to Adventure Island like to share some thoughts? Would we be better off just making the drive to Aquatica? Or do you think that the Disney water parks / Wet N' Wild are better choices?

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adventure Island, in comparison to other water parks, is kind of pale and well, old. I wouldn't be surprised if Adventure Island is given the ax sometimes soon because of Aquatica.

While Adventure Island has a great selection of slides, other water parks in the Orlando area have basically blown away AI. Aquatica most definitely with having a more diverse selection of slides and atmosphere. Wet N' Wild has a diverse selection. Disney's water parks have theming and atmosphere down.

Adventure Island just feels, dated. It's a water park that has no "umph" in it. However, it is something to do, and the park is still fun. But the Orlando parks are much better.

^I totally disagree.

Adventure Island is really nice. Part of being older means that trees have grown in, there's some theming (much more than Wet n Wild) and they have some really good rides.

Of course it's no Disney Water Park, but nothing really is. And if you're going to compare it to the Orlando Waterparks that's also not that fair since the Orlando waterparks are pretty much the top 3 soon to be 4 out of top 5 in the world!

Go to Adventure Island, you'll have fun and won't be disappointed.

^Listen to the woman.

Adventure Island is a lot of fun. I go atleast once every year or so, and its worth the money (like $24 bucks?) for the visit. They have a good selection of slides to keep you occupied, so don't worry about having nothing to do. Check it out, I always have a good time there.

Adventure is a fairly nice family water-park. It has a decent selection of slides, but don't expect anything extreme like a toilet bowl or a Tornado. They have a few "wedgie" slides and some more conventional slides, a decent wave pool and a good lazy river, but the theming and atmosphere are what make the park.

If you go early in the operating season, the crowds are very light, and if you visit BGT too you can probably get a good price on a combination ticket.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

So would I be better off going to Adventure Island than Aquatica or the Disney parks again? At this point we still could go to Aquatica or other Orlando water parks (we would most likely stay in a hotel up in that area for two days or so before heading back down to Tampa). I'm just confused as to whether people are saying Adventure Island is just as good as the other water parks, or not as good but will suffice.

Thanks again for the thoughtful replies.

^I totally disagree.

Adventure Island is really nice. Part of being older means that trees have grown in, there's some theming (much more than Wet n Wild) and they have some really good rides.

Of course it's no Disney Water Park, but nothing really is. And if you're going to compare it to the Orlando Waterparks that's also not that fair since the Orlando waterparks are pretty much the top 3 soon to be 4 out of top 5 in the world!

Go to Adventure Island, you'll have fun and won't be disappointed.

I know Adventure Island is still fun. But a short drive away leads you to some of the better water parks out there. Don't get me wrong, I like Adventure Island, but I think it would fare better if it were located in a less competitive area. Like if it were in Georgia or Alabama.

Adventure Island is worth checking out--especially if you have a Busch platinum pass (or a two-park ticket for it and BGA). It has a good selection of slides (including body slides, which we don't have at Water Country in Wiliamsburg anymore) and nice atmosphere.