TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2008 - The Official Thread!

I'm still amazed at how both Jay and Neal all but dropped everything to help me find my camera early in the day. Never have I had such service.

I'd like to hope that as time goes on and people see how much SFMM is changing for the better they'll be a bit more friendly back to Jay and/or Neal should they happen to meet in the park.

Eric

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the most exciting things Jay said all day was the policy that every ride will run until closing unless it is in refurbishment or malfunction. To me this is one of the best concepts an amusement park can practice and I commend Jay and the entire staff for setting the standard and setting out to do it.

I keep thinking about how truly magical this WCB day was. I've been going to MM since the late 70s as a local and I'll never enter the park again without lamenting about 08 WCB! We are all very fortunate.

It is so amazing to hear all the positive comments about Magic Mountain. Just a year ago when the word spread about the park being sold i dont think I heard but maybe a handfull of positive comments about the park and that was mostly just the hardcore fanboys. I have absolutley loved the park since the first time I have gone, even through the "rough years" the park has had, and i have not been to the park in the last two years due to heavy work schedules and starting my family. After hearing all of the positive feedback I can only imagine how fantastic the park has become and can only dream of how much greater it will get. Hopefully i will be able to attend the wcb event next year.

I just thought about this...what will WCB 2009 offer? Surely they'll try to top this year's event, though it'll be tough.

Well, I've thought about this. And while I haven't pitched it to the MM guys yet, what do you all think of this....

An all coaster ERT, with all the coasters....ready for this this.... *ON FIRE*

Because, let's face it...pyro and explosions instantly makes everything awesome.

Ok, so maybe I'm just joking...but hey, one can dream, right?

--Robb

^If they ran Tatsu's trains with the seats in the down position, it would pretty much amount to the same thing, right? Still, I'm sure Batman's trains on Tatsu or even Tatsu's trains on batman would be painful with the G forces applied to different parts of your body.

Anyway, I think WCB 2009 will be better just by virtue of X2 being open. Not that we needed another coaster to thin the crowds, they were quite thin enough. I would guess the backstage tour will include the construction site of the new coaster, that is if it isn't open by then! The big surprise will be...RETURN OF THE TILT-A-WHIRL!

They could make it better by letting us ride Goliath Jr/Percy without needing to borrow a kid AND having Deja Vu running, though we can't count on the latter.

For Percy, adults cannot ride even if you do have a kid.

--Robb

I am so excited about the future of Magic Mountain! This was my first real "themepark" when i came to the States in '89.

Can't wait to see what the management has in store for us, looking forward to a bright future (As opposed to almost getting my heart ripped out by the news the park might be sold and close down)

Cant wait for the Update by Robb!!!

I've got all the pages laid out and the captions are being written now!

I ended up having about 3,000 photos to sort through (thanks to everyone who sent them in) and it was a REALLY busy week at my 'day job' so I had to swtich gears for a few days.

The update should go live before I go to bed tonight!

--Robb

I could just kill myself for not going (although I think driving my Vespa to Valencia from Ventura just might do it- Dead Man's Curve here I come!). It looks & sounds like you all had a blast. Glad to see SFMM getting some much needed TLC. Hope to attend the next one!

We just made it home yesterday. Again, I want to echo Robb's statements. We REALLY appreciate everyone that attended this event and those that have supported us and this event over the last 5 years. You are the reason why this event happens and we hope to keep it going for years to come.

Those that missed the event really missed an epic day. Thanks to Jay, Neal, Tim, Sue, and everyone at MM that made this event possible. Thanks to William, Jahan, and the other tour guides. You guys were awesome! Excellent job on the museum Brandon. Most people don't realize the long history Magic Mountain has and hopefully the museum will help people appreciate what they have and remember the past.

It was great seeing old friends and making new ones.

See you next year!

Chris Godsey

RideWorld.com

Yeah, I should have come on stage and said thank you personally. My wife and I have a 6 month old daughter and Robb and Elissa were kind enough to take on an expanded role in this year's event since we were dealing with a little one. Needless to say our hands have been full with her! Again, thanks to Robb and Elissa for going the extra mile to make this year's event awesome. I have been talking to SFMM about expanding this event for several years now and it's refreshing to see management finally take to the idea and run with it. I think West Coast Bash is set to be "the must-attend" event in 2009!

Chris