Congrats to our own Oscar Winner!

SharkTums

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^I don't think we really have to kiss her @$$ any longer. She posted on this site a few times last year, but now she's an Oscar winner and probably will never return. I think we now can say what we really thought of the movie. She'll never read it anyhow. I think it's funny how people have addresse their posts to her. Pretty much like writing a letter to Anne Frank.

So why did you feel the need to kiss her @$$ in the first place? Most of the rest of us were being sincere....whether she finds time in her busy schedule to post again, or not.

Well I'll make sure she sees RIP Psyclone's post! Since we are in communication with her and she does still read the board (ever think she's just not logging in!?!?)

She made sure to thank us for this thread and was talking with us while she was filming her new movie up in Vancouver.

But good job ASSuming!

^I don't think we really have to kiss her @$$ any longer. She posted on this site a few times last year, but now she's an Oscar winner and probably will never return. I think we now can say what we really thought of the movie. She'll never read it anyhow. I think it's funny how people have addresse their posts to her. Pretty much like writing a letter to Anne Frank.

If winning an oscar gets people to stop posting on this site may I be the first to nominate you.

I'm not sure how congratulating someone on a notable achievement is "kissing their ass." Think about how many other TPR members have had babies, ridden a hard-to-get credit, or anything else, and have gotten a stream of "well dones."

Hopefully, Diablo will see this and send you a well deserved NastyGram.

Eric

If winning an oscar gets people to stop posting on this site may I be the first to nominate you.

*yawn* Sorry, this fish doesn't bite flamebait.

*yawn* Sorry, this fish doesn't bite flamebait.

Hmm--interesting coming from someone who made two radically different posts in the same thread, including one that was certain to bring about a negative response.

Oh, wait--You only cast "flamebait," you don't respond to it.

My bad.

^^That's a very blatant ad hominem attack. I don't mean to backseat moderate, but that's against forum rules.

However, I'm being attacked for giving Juno a mixed review. As I am a participating member of TPR and have shown my face at an event, I think I've at least proved I'm not an anonymous coward here to stir things up. Expressing my opinion of a movie is something I think I have a right to do!

^You're right, Elissa, trolls belong in the Sky Tower, not on TPR.

^ So I'm a troll? And yes, it was a blatant attack, that is obvious.

Anyway, you weren't giving your opinion of a movie, you were saying some kind of stupid crap about how someone who won an Oscar is too good for TPR now, which is a load of garbage and you should know that.

Anyway, I haven't seen Juno yet. I am planning on renting it at a RedBox near me though.

I just watched Juno (DVD screener copy), and I must say, I've never seen a movie with as much cringe-inducing dialogue, but it did have heart.

Personally, I thought the "cringe-inducing dialogue" was one of the reasons the movie was so good. I actually enjoyed the fact the movie felt "real" so to speak.

However, I'm being attacked for giving Juno a mixed review.

I don't think anyone has a problem with you not liking the movie. I think the issue is that you posted about watching a pirated copy of the movie, accused us all of simply kissing her ass, and went ahead and assumed that she would suddenly be too good for us (which, as Elissa pointed out, was totally wrong).

However, I'm being attacked for giving Juno a mixed review.

I don't think anyone has a problem with you not liking the movie. I think the issue is that you posted about watching a pirated copy of the movie, accused us all of simply kissing her a$$, and went ahead and assumed that she would suddenly be too good for us (which, as Elissa pointed out, was totally wrong).

Joey's right, man. You weren't being called out simply for your less-than-flattering review of the movie. It was only because you blatantly contradicted yourself by first kissing up to her, and then flipflopping altogether because she "hasn't posted since she won." Not to mention, in a thread started by Elissa, specifically with the intention to congratulate her on an outstanding accomplishment.

If you didn't care for the movie, that's fine. There's a movie review thread for that. Don't you see where we're coming from?

^I've always liked your posts, Chuck. Perhaps what "cool" Rich did was more along the lines of an ad hominem attack. The "yawn" was because he's been doing it for some time, without an apparent motive.

First the "cool" thing is a joke amongst my friends. Second like others have said I have no issue whether you like the movie, my issue was including all of us in some butt kissing parade and assuming how Cody will act now. Course you often "assume" how others act without ever meeting them. I am not trying to draw you into some flame war, I just don't care for you and find a lot of your posts to be inappropriate or creepy. I found this post about Cody to be particularily mean spirited so I called you on it. Had it been the same post for any member who didn't deserve it I would respond in the same way. I don't mince words or have a hidden agenda and if I cross the line feel free to call me on it at your leisure.

Remember, if you rent "Juno," make it a double feature and rent "Rocket Science" too.

I wonder...will our Ms. Cody write about TPR in EW? I can see the column now..."There's this website called Theme Park Review..."

^ Unfortunately, this occured to me "after the fact"... reading the article, etc.

But I think that particular shoot she was working on has/had already finished up, packed up, and headed back to JollyWood, USofA.

^^I don't know about you, but I think Bill is a tad bit old to be playing a high school student. Maybe he can be a teacher, the principal, or the weird janitor.

Nah... teenager or nothing.

mayvisit07_02_171.jpg.184c0783929ebbcc14c54ee1f11e0c3b.jpg

He's already got a picture just grainy and creepy enough for MySpace!