Congrats to our own Oscar Winner!

SharkTums

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5. Finds out one of the first people he met on TPR, who not only likes parks, but likes photography and old abandoned parks, is a smoking hot, highly witty punk chic, who's written not only a best selling book in Dave Letterman's book club, was on his show, AND is up for awards for a screenplay she wrote. AWESOME!

6. She's married. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Still and all, damn she's hot, but I am spoken for, and the girlfriend would kill me.

hm... I almost confused this for an "RIP Psyclone" post

That is cool though. Congrats, and I hope you win. I've been dying to go see this movie!

I caught Juno at the Tower Theatre in Sacramento and thought it was great. So did my parents, who are in their mid-70s.

Congratulations--this will definitely make the Oscars worth watching, strike or no strike.

^^Will we be watching if there's still a strike? Hell, I still don't know who won the Golden Globes?

I have not seen Juno, but was watching something up on the waiting room tv today about it-maybe just a commercial? and thinking that I would like to see it. Now, I definitely will have to in support of a TPR member. OOH.. I feel like I am rubbing elbows with Hollywood types now.....

Congrats DCody!

Shari

^^Will we be watching if there's still a strike? Hell, I still don't know who won the Golden Globes?

I have not seen Juno, but was watching something up on the waiting room tv today about it-maybe just a commercial? and thinking that I would like to see it. Now, I definitely will have to in support of a TPR member. OOH.. I feel like I am rubbing elbows with Hollywood types now.....

Congrats DCody!

Shari

Hell, watching a few clips and having them just read the winners might be an improvment over the three hours plus of crap the Academy usually provides for the Oscars.

ParkTrips wrote:

hm... I almost confused this for an "RIP Psyclone" post

(Laughing) Yeah, I guess you're right... Guilty. Just calling em like I see em.

Hey, wierdness aside, I really am happy for DCody and all the cool creative stuff going. Glad things are coming up roses.

It just goes to show, that it's a good idea to be nice to everybody, because you just never know who you're talking with or who's listening.

D, big congrats from one eccentric creative to another. Rock on!

I've been meaning to see Juno since a former student of mine RAVED over it. The concept is definitely intriguing, along with all the positive reviews everywhere in the media. My husband and I will be enjoying your film this weekend. Having you on the site, AND getting such an esteemed nomination has only made us more eager to see the movie. Congratulations and good luck!

I just went to see Juno today, and I thought it was great! Ellen Page is a good actress, and I'm glad to see she's up for an Oscar. Congratulations DCody for writing such a good movie. It's the best time I've had at the movies in a while. I'll be cheering for you at the Academy Awards!

At the beginning of the movie, when it said "written by Diablo Cody" I silently cheered for you. You defenitely have great writing skills!