TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "old" West Coast Bash 2008 Thread!

Basically at Disney we'll want to get the "credits", then hit whatever else we want. The main park is open until 11pm that week, so shouldn't be too bad. (Must be getting close to spring break!?)

I doubt I'll be as tired as the Midwest Trip last year though. Plus Knotts and Universal are only open until 6pm. Plenty of time to relax and get some ZZZZzzs.

Anything else in the area that's a must see?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ We just did Knott's AND both Disney parks from 10am to 8pm last week for Colin and we did fine. Got in all the credits at both parks and even a few Disney non-coasters. (Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Mr. Toad, Indy, etc)

If you're not THAT into Disney, meaning you don't care about comparing every ride to it's alternate parks versions, you can easily get everything done in a day.

--Robb

Godsey, yes I am one of those. But a God, I am not. I love putting these events on even if I don't get one ride in. I love proving people wrong when they say "you can't put on a mega event without ACE". Those days my friends, are OVER!

There are 4 hotels at the SFMM Exit.

From Highest to Lowest Price:

Hyatt

Hilton Garden Inn

Holiday Inn Express

Best Western Valencia

There are several more hotels at the Lyons/Pico Canyon Exit about 3 miles south. I would ONLY stay at one of these two exits. Do NOT go to Sylmar, it is cheap, but a crack town. If you are looking for super cheap, you can do Castaic (I believe there's a Days Inn) It's about 10 miles north.

Our friends and family have had very good luck using Priceline for this area.

I got a good deal via Hotwire at the Extended Stay America on Pico Canyon/The Old Road (in Newhall/Stevens Ranch): $52 bucks a night, and the room had a little kitchen with a full-size fridge. The catch: no maid service unless you're staying seven nights or longer. I have no complaints about the place (but you better like a firm mattress).

You can take The Old Road to Valencia and be at SFMM in less than ten minutes.

And yes, I'm contemplating abandoning my family for the weekend and flying out there.

If you're flying in, and intend to visit only SFMM, consider flying into Burbank instead of LAX. Much closer, and the rental car situation is much easier.

Oh, and there's a really good BBQ place by the airport too.

How much is this going to cost?

We will have more details later this weekend when we release an official flyer, but there will be two options:

Option #1 - FREE Morning ERT -

Just like in past West Coast Bash events, if you show up with your season pass or admission ticket you will get ERT on Tatsu and at least two other coasters.

Option #2 - $20 upgrade -

Since this event is expanding quite a bit this year, we are offering a full day event for only $20 (not including your park admission) that will include:

- Morning ERT on Tatsu, and at least two other coasters (8:30am - 10:00am)

- Night ERT on Tatsu and at least three other coasters (8:00pm - 10:00pm)

- Breakfast AND Lunch Included

- Multiple backstage tours of past, present, and future SFMM attractions

- Q&A Session with Six Flags Magic Mountain management

- Guest Speakers and presentations by Six Flags Magic Mountain and industry representatives

- Screening of Coaster Expedition Volume 10 DVD

- Event T-Shirt

- LOTS of surprises and goodies that you do NOT want to miss out on!

So if you have a season pass, you get all this for only $20. If you do not have a season pass, SFMM is working out a very special one day ticket price for us which we will announce very soon.

In a nutshell, if you remember what Solace USED to be like - an all day event with ERT, guest speakers, tours, and other surprises throughout your day, that's what we will offer at Magic Mountain.

Trust me, you do NOT want to miss this event!

--Robb

when you post more details is it going to include a schedule so i know what time to get there so i don't miss anything?

Hopefully they can tell us what is going in where the two rides used to be!

mod edit: Cleaned up your post. Please make sure to read the posting rules. Enjoy the site! -Joey