TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Inside Dubailand Sales Centre.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I think Dubailand is absolutely the biggest project ever, or it appears to be...

What strikes me, however, about the models which I've seen in pictures before, is that it all has a very RCT feel to it, although I can't point to why exactly.

I'm very curious as to how they expect to transport guests everywhere, and how to keep everything staffed, all of the food and merchandise in place, etc. I know how much WDW does, and overall it's about 1/10th to 1/20th the scale of this project overall.

Much like the rest of Dubai, Dubailand will probably have people brought in to work in it(DubaiDave is one of them), seeing as up to 10 years ago dubai was jsut a highway with some apratment buildings, and now its a metropolis, %95 of Dubai's citizens are foreign workers from India and the likes

Us Universal People have the Dubai talk all the time. Our Department Director just went to Dubai to be one of the Executives there. I and quite a few co-workers would LOVE to transfer there in 2010-2011 when USD is supose to open. I think it would be an AMAZING experience to see the whole thing. Not just the Universal side but the whole project just seems to be so amazing. I am into theming and this place to me is just a Mecca of theming!!!! Thanks for the Pictures!!

I'm honestly wondering about the realisim of this place/model though, it looks awesome, but it seems that they have just built this huge model and filled it up with as many rides and fun looking things as they could think of:

I mean, would I be led to believe that one of the parks they are building will only have a Dueling Dragons rip-off and 4 carousels for it's attractions?

^That's not an inverted coaster, it looks like Fujin Rajin: http://www.rcdb.com/ig1213.htm?picture=2 (I have no idea why all the photos in RCDB of it are of hte lift hill, the coaster itself is pretty big, like the model)

Just because its a red and blue racing coaster doesnt automatically make it a ripoff of another coaster.

As for the "carousels", I dont know why there are two wave swingers(maybe one is a lie down version or just operates differently?) but the other 2 could be a rotor and a merry go round or a thunder bobs ride or basically any round canopy ride.

There is no doubt that the model is not scaled correctly and is unrealistic(for example: the log flume with the twisting drop, lift, and basically everything about it, or hte rollercoaster with no supports) but I think the model is supposed to function more like a park map, which, as can be seen in many parks, are hardly ever accurate depictions of the rides(for example, the boomerang at my home park is not several miles tall, despite the fact the park map shows it going through a cloud). But at their core they're not that different than what will actually be there. So where you see the weird shaped deja vu it'll probably just be a regular deja vu, etc.

^That's not an inverted coaster, it looks like Fujin Rajin: http://www.rcdb.com/ig1213.htm?picture=2 (I have no idea why all the photos in RCDB of it are of hte lift hill, the coaster itself is pretty big, like the model)

Just because its a red and blue racing coaster doesnt automatically make it a ripoff of another coaster.

Yeah but the fighting dragons at the entrance sure helps it look like another coaster.

The parks look like they will be amazing even though I can see a lot of them looking substantially different when the parks are actually built. The thing that excites me the most is the level of theming throughout most of the park. Whether they actually build all of this by the time their money runs out, I will still visit Dubai. There is just a lot of really cool things going on there right now.

As a side note so Bawadi is essentially Vegas 2.0 from the pictures? There even seems to be a few familiar hotels like the one that happens to look like the Mirage. The whole thing is like a futuristic mirror image of the Strip.

Edit: It seems as if the original concept for Bawadi is actually still going to happen, it is just a portion of the project though. It seems as if they aren't full scale luckily and there is no Burj Al Arab. As a bonus it does have its own coaster in the lake in front of the property.

(from sckyscraper page forum link posted earlier)img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn35539rj.jpg

Wow, What a way to save an economy! This is a massive project. Is it in Dubai then, Because someone said it is going to be a bit bigger than Dubai itself (or something like that) a few pages up. Anyways. This is something that I hope gets completed and is worth every penny they spent.