TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I started this the second I found out tri-rail track was availible for Euro Fighters in 1.7 - check it out!

Note: Please comment! I want to see what you think about the ride!

Kilauea - Copyright © 2008 Andrew C.

Type: Steel - Sit Down

Make / Model: Gerstlauer / Euro Fighter

Designer: Adrenalyne Design

Capacity: 640 Riders Per Hour

Length: 1520'

Height: 88'

Drop: 82'

Inversions: 3

Speed: 50 mph

Duration: 1:00

Max Vertical Angle: 98°

Trains: 3 trains with 2 cars per train. Riders are arranged 4 across in a single row for a total of 8 riders per train.

Colors: Track is painted blue with yellow supports, trains painted red, yellow, or blue.

I'll be working on a video soon for all of you folks without NoLimits. Keep an eye out!

1.jpg.0ad4abd93c54837007effc5cf20120c1.jpg

2.jpg.356c9c92120140a382a168b623c50162.jpg

3.jpg.b1718a30b10316af29e799f1f3714156.jpg

4.jpg.e5d9159ff105d349799d7dde64297422.jpg

5.jpg.b222ea743725684547d754bab5cf0bf4.jpg

6.jpg.baba30054b394d051b2fdaec4b7cbd82.jpg

7.jpg.8e3ab1f70ece5e85f17e74a5f4acdb46.jpg

8.jpg.02573a508f0aa57efc5e37085d75290c.jpg

9.jpg.1c109214ccbbdb16c57e66b15ddb0b20.jpg

Kilauea.nltrack

Here's the track - enjoy it!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good coaster, very realistic.

But:

The clearances are really bad, tunnel-test multiple times during construction.

The brake after the station isn't realistic, you can't have that kind of brake on a turn, if you need a block/transport, add one with just kicker wheels.

The two supports before the MCBR that is over the helix below (pic 6 on the right side), needs a brace between the poles just beneath the tubes that attach them to the track, or it will not be a realistic support (ie. it will break IRL).

But:

The brake after the station isn't realistic, you can't have that kind of brake on a turn, if you need a block/transport, add one with just kicker wheels.

The two supports before the MCBR that is over the helix below (pic 6 on the right side), needs a brace between the poles just beneath the tubes that attach them to the track, or it will not be a realistic support (ie. it will break IRL).

I know the tunnel testing sucked, but they would only be a problem if two trains were intersecting at that point. Otherwise, the clearence doesn't pose an issue.

The brake after the station is the transfer track. If you look at other Euro Fighters, they use small segments of track that pivot on a single support axis.

You're right about those supports, though

But:

I know the tunnel testing sucked, but they would only be a problem if two trains were intersecting at that point. Otherwise, the clearence doesn't pose an issue.

The brake after the station is the transfer track. If you look at other Euro Fighters, they use small segments of track that pivot on a single support axis.

Yes, but you are still better off using kicker wheels.

But:

I know the tunnel testing sucked, but they would only be a problem if two trains were intersecting at that point. Otherwise, the clearence doesn't pose an issue

Well even if it will never occur a run with 2 trains on that piece that is way too close, but health and safety would never approve to the design, and you had supports that were sticking far into the tunnels which are as equally bad.

Ok, but after taking a look on other Euro Fighters I see that every transfer track is straight, and your is not. And my point was that those kind of brakes and LIM does not work on a curved track. Which makes your track even more wrong.

When we are talking about brakes and stuff, then you should use only LIM brakes on your final brake run, and friction wheels instead of LIMs on the 2 bloks before the station.

this is the best NL track i have ever seen. period. and ask anyone, i'm a pessimistic biotch

you also seem to be easily pleased...while this is a good track it is what I call a "safe" design. Nothing totally major but a nice short ride.