TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags signs new deals with Lo-Q and Tyson Foods

CHICAGO, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Tyson Foods Inc (TSN.N: Quote, Profile, Research), the largest U.S. meat company, will be the exclusive supplier of chicken to Six Flags Inc's (SIX.N: Quote, Profile, Research) U.S. amusement parks, the companies said on Thursday.

Under the agreement, Tyson will become a Six Flags Corporate Alliance partner and Tyson chicken will become the official chicken of Six Flags.

In addition, the two companies will collaborate on a number of marketing and advertising initiatives. The deal includes exclusive product placement on menu boards wherever Tyson products are sold, in-park signage, billboards and messaging via the Six Flags Media Networks.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed. (Reporting by Bob Burgdorfer; editing by John Wallace)

From Screamscape:

Lo-Q has announced that they have expanded their deal with Six Flags to add their new VQ2020 Q-Bot system into one new Six Flags park this season (Six Flags Fiesta Texas) and expect to add a ninth park in 2009. They will be upgrading the older existing systems at four other parks to the VQ2020 system before the start of the 2008 season. With the new park coming online, this means seven of the eight Six Flags parks will be using the new VQ2020 system. (I wonder who will be left out…).

Six Flags currently has Lo-Q systems running at La Ronde, Six Flags over Georgia, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags New England and Six Flags St. Louis. This leaves Six Flags America, Kentucky Kingdom, Magic Mountain or Discovery Kingdom as the mystery 2009 park.

Not so sure about the chicken but the upgrades for the Q-Bots sound great. I vote for Discovery Kingdom to get the Q-Bot for 09. Maybe Magic Mountain but attendance(IMO) needs to increase there before it happens.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q-Bot is amazing. I think SF should have a season-long Q bot that you can just pay for once for the whole season. That way you could skip the entire line to get the Q-bot each day, pick it up by showing them your ID (you've already paid for it on your first visit of the season), and returning it at the end of the day.

..."the official chicken of Six Flags"...lol! They should strike a deal with LG so the employees while working could be on "the official personal electronic device of Six Flags." Besides all that, I hope the new system works well. I have not had the pleasure of using it but it sounds like a really good thing.

Does anyone know how Six Flags benefits from this Tyson deal? Who was their previous 'chicken' supplier?

I'm guessing Banquet. Cause it was pretty bad. But Tyson isn't that great either.

I'd like to see SFMM get Lo-Q or Q-Bot. FlashPass doesn't cut it.

Amen to that. Can't believe we don't have one yet, maybe sometime in the future when the clientèle improves.

^True you could but that doesnt mean anything since at this point nobody knows which parks are going. And, as someone pointed out, its going, most likely first, into smaller parks with fewer rides which would tend to have longer lines so it would not make sense to use it yet at the bigger parks with more rides and comparably shorter lines. So in that respect, you cannot use this to judge which parks would be sold off, in my opinion.

^Thats definitely a good way to put it.

I'm thinking you can take a look at that list of parks without the QBot system, and see the list of potentially "for sale" parks...

dt

If you combine that with the parks that aren't getting squat in 2008, you might have something going.

..."the official chicken of Six Flags"...lol!

It might sound funny, but in times of belt tightening, this arrangment could help offset some of the reductions SF is making in their advertising budget.

Six Flags will have the ability to cross promote on a national basis with a national food distributor.

You are right in that it might sound like much at first but it could be a plus for SF, if Tyson promotes the sponsorship.

In the US consumers are bombarded with advertising and many people are numb to typical advertising. Promotions become a way for marketers to break through clutter.

It might sound funny, but in times of belt tightening, this arrangment could help offset some of the reductions SF is making in their advertising budget.

Six Flags will have the ability to cross promote on a national basis with a national food distributor.

You are right in that it might sound like much at first but it could be a plus for SF, if Tyson promotes the sponsorship.

In the US consumers are bombarded with advertising and many people are numb to typical advertising. Promotions become a way for marketers to break through clutter.

It sounds like strange bedfellows to me. Six Flags is presently better at building these partnerships than actually attracting guests to their parks.

It might sound strange, but not any more strange than having an official sausage (Premio) or soft drink (Coke).

Utilizing one supplier yields pricing efficiencies and if structured properly the deal can provide free advertising for Six Flags.

It might sound strange, but not any more strange than having an official sausage (Premio) or soft drink (Coke).

Utilizing one supplier yields pricing efficiencies and if structured properly the deal can provide free advertising for Six Flags.

I'm sure it's an OK deal for them. It's just a funny press release.

Personally, I wish they'd go the Universal/Disney/Busch route and start peddling some nicer food.

I hear you, in this day and age the investment community and enthusiasts pick-up PR releases and make a big deal out of nothing.

Years ago before the internet many people wouldn't even know about this "news" and it would be transparent to enthusiasts.

I'm just trying to help show a lot of the younger ones who don't have the business acumen how this might play out.

The Q-bot system is basically a electronic device that you rent for the day. With the device you can reserve times on certain rides at the park (from any where you are) All you have to do is show up at the time the bot tells you and walk on with little to no wait. It is very simple to use and inexpensive (if you at Dollywood, Six Flags however is MUCH more expensive)

Six Flags uses the system just on ride but some such as Dollywood also use them on shows along with the rides. If you need more info here is the link about Q-bot at Dollywood: http://www.dollywood.com/plan-your-visit/line/