TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sega Joypolis soon to sprout clones.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really understood what Joyopolis is. Is it like Disneyquest, or is there something about it that I'm not getting? Oh well, nice to see more "parks" like this opening up, and having a nice spinning coaster like what is planed should bring a lot of families in. Hopefully the states will see a place like this in a few years.

Dubai is really on the fast track to be a destination and entertainment mecca. The man made palm tree island resort is pretty impressive. Wasn't Universal or Warner Bros. thinking of a park there, along with other companies?

Ok, I have to ask, what up with those two letters that get you the "small boys" line. I had that response on a YouTube post recently and don't know what it means. Sure, this will cost some cool points, but better that than ignorance.

Dubai is really on the fast track to be a destination and entertainment mecca. The man made palm tree island resort is pretty impressive. Wasn't Universal or Warner Bros. thinking of a park there, along with other companies?

Ok, I have to ask, what up with those two letters that get you the "small boys" line. I had that response on a YouTube post recently and don't know what it means. Sure, this will cost some cool points, but better that than ignorance.

It's alaughing smiley. X D =

Speaking of the Sega locations, does anyone know what a Sega World is? They are supposed to be putting one in the new entertainment mall that is under construction in Reno, NV. I assume it isn't something on the scale of the Sega Joyopolis locations because it is Reno and I would think that Vegas would be first on the possible location list. Then again, we are supposed to be getting the third T Rex restaurant in the country in the same mall so it might be possible.

Im not sure its called a sega world, but I know that several years ago I was in London at a SEGA place... it's name escapes me(I just knew it as "the passage". It's a giant, round 4 story arcade with a drop tower that went down the middle of it.(though the drop tower was much taller than 4 stories). If that's what youre getting you are very lucky indeed.

There was a Sega World ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_World_Sydney ) that operated in Sydney from March 1997 and closed 3 and a half years later. It had an indoor coaster that was apparently well themed, simulators, an interactive dark ride, free arcade machines, kids play areas, a dodgem cars/tanks type thing where you would shoot tennis balls at each other.

I would imagine the Sega World in Reno would have similar attractions.

Its archived offical site can be found here http://gaming.chronomagister.com/fanums/sws/archived/segaworld/index.html