TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland in 1979

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great pics.I miss the Skull Rock area and the Chicken of the sea restaurant. It sucks they got rid or the Sky Way. Or should I say it sucks the reasons "why" they got rid of the Sky Way. I have one of the rollers that was on the towers. I friend of mine was involved with the removal. They weigh a ton. Thanks again for the pics.

Thanks for the great pics.I miss the Skull Rock area and the Chicken of the sea restaurant. It sucks they got rid or the Sky Way. Or should I say it sucks the reasons "why" they got rid of the Sky Way. I have one of the rollers that was on the towers. I friend of mine was involved with the removal. They weigh a ton. Thanks again for the pics.

Why did they get rid of the skyway???? I am in the dark

• 2 weeks later...

Old DL photos are always fun, thanks for sharing!

I have a dumb question, I'm not sure if anyone would know this... When The Disneyland Hotel themed their swimming pool to Peter Pan, did they just move the old Fantasyland skull rock (as seen in one of these photos) poolside or is that a completely new skull rock they made for the pool?

Old DL photos are always fun, thanks for sharing!

I have a dumb question, I'm not sure if anyone would know this... When The Disneyland Hotel themed their swimming pool to Peter Pan, did they just move the old Fantasyland skull rock (as seen in one of these photos) poolside or is that a completely new skull rock they made for the pool?

No it's all new (sort of) A lot of the "props" used were from the old character parade. The boat is a section of the float that Cpt.Hook and Smee stood on. Disneyland is big on recycling.